UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NFL Thread

karamazov80

So, football season started Thursday, with most teams playing today. Anybody else here a big NFL fan? Who is your team, how do you think they will do this year, and how bad will they lose to the Saints if/when they play?

This can be a thread to discuss such important topics, since the only football-related threads I see in existence are Fantasy Football-related.

Oh, yeah, today Drew Brees threw for 6 touchdowns. How did your QB do? :tongue:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i'm not exactly die-hard as the rest of my family (i'm comics, they're sports; great mix, no??), but i've been known to watch when my team is on or play Madden now and then.

My personal team's the Miami Dolphins; always has been since birth when i got a stuffed Dolphin's football, and always will be. I stuck with them through the fail-year, and i'll be there through worse.

One thing i do know: we're getting killed on the 21st. The Colts?! ALREADY?! Well, there goes our season. ;)

Well, the Colts didn't play very well today, if that makes you feel any better. I wish your team could have taken care of business against our division rivals today. The Falcons may be a real force to be reckoned with this year.

I'm an LSU fan, so I can empathize with Dolphin fans on the Saban issue, as well. What a total bum.

This is my first HD-enhanced NFL season. While I don't have a particular team I follow, yesterday was indeed glorious. (Saturday's college games were nothing to sneeze at either.) It was all I could do to tear myself away from the TV and become a productive member of society. Damn society!

Brees got 6 tds but they were playing the Lions :confused: Any team can look good against the Lions. I do think the Saints will make it to the Play offs though. I'm happy the Giants won yesterday I would have like to see them get more tds in the red zone instead of just fgs.

The ONLY SIX TIME Superbowl Champion Steelers!!! Great knock out fight with Titans on Thurday. I am not happy with the run blocking of the o-line but I wasn't happy with it last year either lol.

Here we go Steelers here we go!!!

Oh and I'm a huge fan of the NFL in general, and have run my local fanstasy football team for 10 years now. Last year was great because I won my league, Steelers won the SB, and my son was born all within a span of 1.5 months

Edited by Webhead

The ONLY SIX TIME Superbowl Champion Steelers!!! Great knock out fight with Titans on Thurday. I am not happy with the run blocking of the o-line but I wasn't happy with it last year either lol.

Here we go Steelers here we go!!!

Oh and I'm a huge fan of the NFL in general, and have run my local fanstasy football team for 10 years now. Last year was great because I won my league, Steelers won the SB, and my son was born all within a span of 1.5 months

I love football.

And there is nothing sweeter than 6-burgh.

Oh yes.

I was never a big football fan until about 9 years ago (somewhere around the time Manning started with the Colts). There's something about watching him that made it interesting to watch and I've learned to like it ever since. Sunday afternoon Colts games are really the only time I ever make the family watch what I want.

And yes, they did kind of suck yesterday, but even when they suck they can pull off a win.