UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 27 is coming soon!

HRGMann

I think i'm gonna pass on this wave. It's not that they aren't good figures, but the ONLY thing i've read of Ultimate is Ultimatum. They look good - but they aren't characters i really collect. I might pick em up if i find em, but i'm in no mad rush to go out searching for them.

If I wasn't a Captain America Minimate completist, I would probably pass altogether, as well. Ultimates just aren't my cup of tea. Excluding Cap, the more "realistic" character designs are a bit too dull compared to their "616" counterparts.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, now I want to call my mom and ask her why she didn't get me the Secret Wars figures back in the 80s. All the good moms were doing it.

But, I seem to recall a heck of a lot of Ninja Turtles in my bedroom, so I'm thinking mom did right by me.

Oh, and the Ultimates look great overall. Stuckakid tells me mine are in the mail, so I should see them by the end of the week.

I hate to be the negative nancy here, but who's gonna the first to start/necro the inevitable Series 28* thread?

Looking back at the photos a bit, regular Cap really does look pretty good despite all the QC stuff. If the shield on mine gets messed up I'll probably switch it for one from the Invaders set. Same goes for variant Cap (assuming the resident Cap completists won't beat me to the punch once 27 gets here). I'm really liking the SHIELD guy too, he can probably double as my very own unofficial Generation Kill minimate.

And is anyone here OC enough to want to paint Tony's armor battery/goo pack green to match the prototype?

*Note that this thread shall come complete with the inane and incessant questions of "WHEN IS THIS SHIPPING?" (answer: August 26), "WHY ISN'T _____ IN THIS WAVE?" (answer: Because DST said so), "WHAT DO SKRULLS HAVE TO DO WITH WOLVERINE?" (answer: Secret Invasion opportunism plus this X-Men storyline involving a Wolverine Skrull from years ago), "WHERE'S KANG?" (answer: probably unstuck in time in 616 comic continuity preparing his next devious scheme, darned if I know) and my personal favorite, "WHERE THE $&@# IS MY DEADPOOL?!" (in a warehouse or factory somewhere, hopefully lying in a plastic tray next to Wolverine). Some occasional whining lamenting about financial woes, TRU usurpation and store ineptitude may appear. If we're lucky, maybe somebody will actually post their own photos of varying quality of the wave itself, and who knows? Some recurring questions about the parts and quality control might get answered in that thread too.

... and no, this is not a badly-disguised sarcasm-fueled attempt at injecting a little perspective in the fact that a lot of hype is now prematurely surrounding this wave to the point that it's making us all a little bit antsy, thus overshadowing all the pretty neat waves/boxsets we've already gotten this year.... so how about that Series 27, huh? Did you know it's all characters from Marvel's Ultimate Universe?

:teehee:

I remember when the Secret Wars peg warmers went on sale at Children's Palace and my mom bought me multiple Doc Ocks, Magnetos and, of course, Kang--the once and future peg-warmer ;)

Moms rock :buttrock:

Ask and you shall receive.

Thanks-you're a real peach.

I remember when the Secret Wars peg warmers went on sale at Children's Palace

I remember when Children's Palace was the place to buy toys and TRU was just too expensive. I always figured TRU would go out of business, while CP would be around forever. <_< Shows what kind of good business sense I had when I was eight.

It's not that they aren't good figures, but the ONLY thing i've read of Ultimate is Ultimatum.

If that's the only Ultimate series you've read, your disinterest is completely understandable!

Aye! Must agree with that. Go for Ultimate Spider-Man. Best series of them all. And Ultimates 1 and 2 come right after that.

Aye! Must agree with that. Go for Ultimate Spider-Man. Best series of them all. And Ultimates 1 and 2 come right after that.

Why does part of me think you're being sarcastic, or just really hoping you are? :lol:

Why does part of me think you're being sarcastic, or just really hoping you are? :lol:

Perhaps you don't like USM. It's the best and most consistant Ultimate line and I don't read the normal MU. So for me, it's the best series out there.

Perhaps you don't like USM. It's the best and most consistant Ultimate line and I don't read the normal MU. So for me, it's the best series out there.

I think that Ultimates 2 is the best of the imprint.

It's not that they aren't good figures, but the ONLY thing i've read of Ultimate is Ultimatum.

If that's the only Ultimate series you've read, your disinterest is completely understandable!

See, in the 616 (Main) universe, i mostly read the X-Books. After flicking through a couple of ultimate x-men issues, i was pretty unimpressed, so i never went back to it.

There have been a few positive mentions (or "Pos-Mens") about Ultimates 1 & 2 (but NOT 3, apparently) on the boards here, so i might pick up the TPB's and see what the fuss is about. Maybe after reading them i'll be into this wave a bit more :)

There have been a few positive mentions (or "Pos-Mens") about Ultimates 1 & 2 (but NOT 3, apparently)

Yeah, that's because Ultimates 3 was written by Jeph Loeb, the same guy who wrote Ultimatum and various other awful comics in the last few years.

I'm with T42 on Ult. Spidey, not only the most consistent Ultimate title, but the most consistent Spidey title these days (I'm enjoying some of the 616 stuff, but it's a bit of a crapshoot week to week). I'm going to miss Immonen's pencils though.

I was going to add something vaguely on-topic to justify this post, but I got nothin'... Can't wait to pick these up though!

There have been a few positive mentions (or "Pos-Mens") about Ultimates 1 & 2 (but NOT 3, apparently)

Yeah, that's because Ultimates 3 was written by Jeph Loeb, the same guy who wrote Ultimatum and various other awful comics in the last few years.

I'm with T42 on Ult. Spidey, not only the most consistent Ultimate title, but the most consistent Spidey title these days (I'm enjoying some of the 616 stuff, but it's a bit of a crapshoot week to week). I'm going to miss Immonen's pencils though.

I was going to add something vaguely on-topic to justify this post, but I got nothin'... Can't wait to pick these up though!

Well that IS on topic. It's Ulimtate related right?

Yeah Ult 3 is exactly what was said. Though Loeb admittedly did do the colors series and Long Halloween and For All Seasons and those... But it seems he's only good with Tim Sale.

Ultimates 2 is good, but it's too short. It's excellent, but as a miniseries not ongoing title. Especially after what happened with Ult 3. USM is the best ongoing Ultimate series.

And THAT'S the waaay it is!

am I in the wrong thread to ask about the ultimate mates?

my hulk has two right hands, and it seems the tampo was put on backwards, so they must have thought it was the right arm...but, the arm actually bends as a left hand arm...man, does that make sense, not sure how to explain the situation.

so if anyone is going to display the bulked down version, i could use the spare big hand :biggrin:

Edited by Nervous

my hulk has two right hands, and it seems the tampo was put on backwards, so they must have thought it was the right arm...but, the arm actually bends as a left hand arm...man, does that make sense, not sure how to explain the situation.

so if anyone is going to display the bulked down version, i could use the spare big hand :biggrin:

Try this thread:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...;hl=replacement

;)

PM sent.

PM sent.

pm sent back...thanks my man!

Awesome. That hairpiece will work well on him if he has a peg hole. For a period in high school, the Misfits were my favorite band. I bought the box set and everything.

"We are 138! We are 138! We are. . .138-8-8-8-8-8-8!" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I got waves 27 and 28 from AFX today. Wave 28 was flawless, but I had a couple of issues with wave 27.

1. Thor came with the wrong head (Captain America's). Never had that happen before.

2. One of the armor pieces on Iron Man was missing.

I really haven't had any QA problems in a long time, so I was surprised to see two problems in one wave. I just PM'd Matt, so hopefully I can get some replacement pieces pretty soon.

If you flip the the hair piece around it's like the Hulk is a member of the Misfits.

post-955-1250710288_thumb.jpg

Awesome. I'll have to use this hair piece and a Punisher chest block to do myself a Glenn Danzig custom.

Heres mine

post-679-1251085333_thumb.jpg

A Glenn Danzig mate?

Isn't 2 inches too tall though? :)