UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 27 is coming soon!

HRGMann

Those are actually some neat pics minimadman! Hopefully there won't be too much negativity surrounding the QC issues on these...

Thor and Iron Man both look as cool as I'd hoped, and hopefully I won't luck out when I get both Caps, hearing about the issues on these mates is scary! And I don't think we knew about the convertible Hulk and the SHIELD soldiers having headblock hair before, both very welcome last-minute mods from DST :thumbsup: As for Nick Fury, I find the gun-holster discrepancy odd but maybe the eyepatch strap (and lack of ears) can be fixed with a fine-point Sharpie or some paint.

And that gift horse pic was hilarious Turtle. Sure beats seeing pics of dead ones :lol: I'm loving all the snark in this thread!

You're all equally useless until someone actually posts some pictures. :biggrin:

Didn't animal farm teach you anything?

We might all be equally useless but some are more equally useless than others... ;)

T.

*slow clapping*

Thanks TBT, this was just awesome. :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you flip the the hair piece around it's like the Hulk is a member of the Misfits.

post-955-1250710288_thumb.jpg

Awesome. I'll have to use this hair piece and a Punisher chest block to do myself a Glenn Danzig custom.

MINE DIDN"T COME IN THIS WEEK! MY COMIC GUY SAID THAT DIAMOND IS DOING IT NEXT WEEK NOW! I"M FLAMING PISSED

On the bright side, that might mean your comic shop will be getting 27 in at the same time as 28.

To be on the cautious side, here's an advanced list of QC issues anyone who has these on hand might wanna look into...

I am now sorry I posted this :(

MINE DIDN"T COME IN THIS WEEK! MY COMIC GUY SAID THAT DIAMOND IS DOING IT NEXT WEEK NOW! I"M FLAMING PISSED

On the bright side, that might mean your comic shop will be getting 27 in at the same time as 28.

How is spending $50-60 on Minimates in one day a bright side?? ;)

Well, i dodged a bullet here. Mom was fuming when she saw the $62 on comics and Minimates this week and said "you're done. No more than $25 a week from now on, unless you save your own cash." Luckily i convinced her to one more week of about $60. Jeez...i can't believe i almost missed 28 there... :blink:

And i should have checked under Hulk when i took his legs off. That's very neat how you can make him a bare-bones. It's very odd that all of yours have QC issues though!! The worst on mine was one of my Caps' Shields; paint and everything was fine. Well...except for Fury's ears and eyepatch...obviously.

Great pics and comments Minimadman! It was worth waiting.

I guess most of these mates look great, but there are some details that are a little disappointing. Comparing to the first waves, these are unbelievable, but I guess DST set their own bar very high especially with their last waves so that something like Fury's eyepatch/ear thing seems a little disregardful.

However, there are some new sculpted parts that are really awesome! I love Cap's new belt a lot and WW2's hairpiece looks great as well - at least for customs, since I don't think that it fits that well on him, does it? After giving Thor new boots he looks perfect and so does Tony. Great work on those. Hulk however isn't my cup of gamma-ray-tea - I guess his bulky hands look like some weired laboratory gloves.

(Or even worse, gloves a veterinarian might use when he's doing proctological examinations on cows...) Don't click >>

:sick:

Anyway, great wave and thanks for providing the pics MMM!

You are in the West Coast too, huh? So far, it doesn't seem like anyone here on the ol' Left Side of the US got any. I'm very perplexed how this happened. I'm not being impatient but more surprised. Either way, glad you guys are getting them and great pics so far! A very exciting wave!

Well...

From these pics...

I like em.

My favorites are, of course, Iron Man, Variant Cap, and Hulk. I was not expecting to like Hulk, but que sera sera.

My least favorite is that of the SHIELD agent, mostly because... well... he's knida uninteresting.

Regular Cap is just slightly better than the SHIELD Agent.

Nick Fury is outstanding. Just below the top ones.

And Thor fits right below Nick. Not a bad figure, not the King God Lord of all Awesome Ultimate Minimates.

Woohoo! Great pics minimadman! Very detailed in all aspects. I just walked the door with my case and am glad I can take the night off from picture taking and just enjoy series 27. These guys look great. Hulk definitly looks like he's trying to crap a cinder block sideways... and it got stuck. Ouch!

Woohoo! Great pics minimadman! Very detailed in all aspects. I just walked the door with my case and am glad I can take the night off from picture taking and just enjoy series 27. These guys look great. Hulk definitly looks like he's trying to crap a cinder block sideways... and it got stuck. Ouch!

Coming from you sir that means a lot. Thank you. I'm talking about your comment on my pictures not the what ever relationship the Hulk has with a cinder block.

Well, i dodged a bullet here. Mom was fuming when she saw the $62 on comics and Minimates this week and said "you're done. No more than $25 a week from now on, unless you save your own cash." Luckily i convinced her to one more week of about $60. Jeez...i can't believe i almost missed 28 there... :blink:

And i should have checked under Hulk when i took his legs off. That's very neat how you can make him a bare-bones. It's very odd that all of yours have QC issues though!! The worst on mine was one of my Caps' Shields; paint and everything was fine. Well...except for Fury's ears and eyepatch...obviously.

You paid $62 for the entire wave? Damn. Mates are mainly 7 to 8 bucks a pack at my lcs. Variants 10 to 12.

And maybe you shouldn't be having you mom pay over 30 a week to begin with? Not trying to nag, just saying. I pay for my own stuff since I try to do babysitting when I get the chance or just working around the house, that and my dad really doesn't have the cash.

Luckily for me this wave was a pass for me. Never liked the Ultimates, never will(but the mates do look great, I just can't get a figure if I hate the character or comic it's from). Need the money for Wave 28, DP issue 12, and a few of the great looking 70 Year variant covers.

You paid $62 for the entire wave? Damn. Mates are mainly 7 to 8 bucks a pack at my lcs. Variants 10 to 12.

And maybe you shouldn't be having you mom pay over 30 a week to begin with? Not trying to nag, just saying. I pay for my own stuff since I try to do babysitting when I get the chance or just working around the house, that and my dad really doesn't have the cash.

Luckily for me this wave was a pass for me. Never liked the Ultimates, never will(but the mates do look great, I just can't get a figure if I hate the character or comic it's from). Need the money for Wave 28, DP issue 12, and a few of the great looking 70 Year variant covers.

Notice that say COMICS and Minimates. I read a lot of titles. ;)

And i do try to pay for most, but sometimes gettin cash is hard when i just turned 16 and still don't have a job yet. but your right; making her pay that much is pretty wrong i guess. Good thing that'll stop after wave 28. ;)

And i do try to pay for most, but sometimes gettin cash is hard when i just turned 16 and still don't have a job yet. but your right; making her pay that much is pretty wrong i guess. Good thing that'll stop after wave 28. ;)

You better go give your mother a great big hug, a kiss on the check, and then say "Thank you, mom, I love you." You are NOT to old to do such and it is the very least you can do...

I mean it, go do it right now... we'll wait....

She is under NO obligation to do anything for you other then feed, clothe, and shelter you. When I was your age I'd get $10 a week if I was lucky (more often my father would 'forgot' to pay me and if I wanted a cash advance because I had saved almost enough to get something he'd tell me "you're gonna be one of those credit card failures someday!!!"), your mother offering $25 a week is extremely generous, especially since she'll give you one more week of crazy spending before restricting you to such.

Your mother obviously wants you to be happy spending that much on you, yet you come here and complain she never pre-orders things for you fast enough, can't drive you to the store because she's busy with something else, or is going to limit how much you can spend... Be happy you have such a nice mother, and tell her thanks (even if you do tell her thanks, do it again, then post back how nice it was to tell her thanks!)

You better go give your mother a great big hug, a kiss on the check, and then say "Thank you, mom, I love you." You are NOT to old to do such and it is the very least you can do...

I mean it, go do it right now... we'll wait....

She is under NO obligation to do anything for you other then feed, clothe, and shelter you. When I was your age I'd get $10 a week if I was lucky (more often my father would 'forgot' to pay me and if I wanted a cash advance because I had saved almost enough to get something he'd tell me "you're gonna be one of those credit card failures someday!!!"), your mother offering $25 a week is extremely generous, especially since she'll give you one more week of crazy spending before restricting you to such.

Your mother obviously wants you to be happy spending that much on you, yet you come here and complain she never pre-orders things for you fast enough, can't drive you to the store because she's busy with something else, or is going to limit how much you can spend... Be happy you have such a nice mother, and tell her thanks (even if you do tell her thanks, do it again, then post back how nice it was to tell her thanks!)

You are very, very right...yes, the guilt is starting to set in... :(

I do complain quite a bit, and i realize that...after looking at it from this perspective, i kinda feel like a total dumba$$ because of it. She's a fantastic mother and i don't give her enough credit. At all. And i did just go in and tell her thank you...of course, i always tell her thank you and give her a gigantic hug when she does go "spending spree" on me anyway, so...i also tell her that i love her TWICE a day. I love my mother, but you did make me realize i need to appreciate her more...i'm keeping her from her stuff for comics and 2" pieces of plastic for God's sake!!

Thanks for the reality-check, there, Baghead. I really needed that. :)

Geez. After all that, I think I need to pick up the phone and call my mom. You know, thank her for those Secret Wars figures she got me back in 85.

BTW, the pics are great. I was only interested in Thor and the Sheild soldier...now I'm thinking about the whole thing.

I just called . . . to say . . . :wub:

he he he.

I think i'm gonna pass on this wave. It's not that they aren't good figures, but the ONLY thing i've read of Ultimate is Ultimatum. They look good - but they aren't characters i really collect. I might pick em up if i find em, but i'm in no mad rush to go out searching for them.