UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too soon to start guessing at the possible TRU wave 2 repaints?

My guesses

Polar Bear and Snow Leopard

Anubis (with more traditional Egyptian armor) and Black Bull (Egyptian god Apis)

Hammerhead Shark (light blue or dark gray colors) and Sewer Croc/Alligator (gold lower jaw and new armor)

The last pack of course being two as of yet unseen beasts maybe the Giraffe and I'm guessing a Rhino since it would only need a new head and then reusing parts from the Marvel Rhino figure.

Ambivalence is beginning to fully enshroud me.

I virtually cornered the market on Battle Beast comics to get my retailer exclusive one shot Stealth Vorin which was only available blah diddy blah diddy blah diddy dah ................& SDCC 2013 .

Surely you, of all people, should know the power of the chocolate chip cookie. So what's the more economical route: buy a case of comic books or buy a cookie and a plane ticket to a US convention?

There's one guy selling the set of two that has more then ten available. What, did he send a couple dozen people to that party to pick up HWM? Anyway, I agree it's a pretty good price right now; I bit the bullet and bought the set from one of those sellers. Yes, definitely cheaper then a trip to San Diego....

I wouldn't say TRU is losing faith, just keeping the lines fresh. Think of how many different lines they've carried (sometimes singlehandedly) over the years: BSG, Ghostbusters, T2, Universal Monsters, Calico Jack, MAX, Knight Rider, SFxT, Munsters, Battle Beasts... aside from Marvel, many of those other lines they've carried have been one-and-done, and have been quickly replaced by another line. I would guess TRU aims to have a constant presence of Marvel on shelves, and at most one or two other licenses. Aliens looks to be the big push for next year, so they might be trimming back on other lines to make sure they don't have a glut.

Edited by Lobsterman

That's an optimistic outlook, Lobby. I guess, when it comes to a line like Battle Beasts, I can't see that specialty stores will have enough sales to keep it going more then another wave or two. To me, this was a line tailor made for TRU, and the specialty stuff was just gravy. Hope I'm wrong, of course.