UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

movies!

Since it's Friday the 13th, is anyone pulling out a Jason movie tonight? I've got Jason Takes Manhattan on tap...

I had no idea that Friday the 13th part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan was a comedy! :lol:

Did (those of us 30 & up) we really dress like that? :blush:

...and I've tried watching A Superhero Movie twice now and fallen asleep on it both times!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and I've tried watching A Superhero Movie twice now and fallen asleep on it both times!

You mean the Seltzer and Friedberg Superhero Movie? :ohmy:

I was actually crazy enough to have tolerated the humor in Date Movie for a while, but Epic Movie is quite simply an epic abomination against humanity. I should've just saved myself all that trouble and gouged my eyes out :down:

Dont watch The Fourth Kind; save the money and just limit it's profit potential...horrible, horrible film with very ice thin plot that has more holes than a slice a Gouda. Not a documentary...uhhhh horrible, horrible...

Would a UFO-Freak like me be offended by it?

I dont know...its your opinion; The ending was abso-friggin-lutely horrible. it was one of those

"it was all a dream" endings

which I think blow...So it's your call man. I also recommend not seeing 2012...I know some of you will disagree with me but it was one of those "guy running away from an event just as it's close behind him". There's tidal waves, there's earthquakes, there's volcanos, there's solar flares, and worst of all there's Danny Glover. Cuz the Mayans knew all about John Cusack and his bland as hell acting. Thats my opinion...no ofense

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Harry Brown and have to say its excellent. If your a fan of films its one to see no real big effects but an excellent story line. It could be easily classed as say a Brit/English Gran Torino so if you enjoyed that this will be right up your street.

Went and saw Pirate Radio recently. Very good. So good in fact that I went and saw it againtwo days later, which is something I rarely ever do with movies(Watchmen, Ironman, and Star Trek are the only noteworthy ones that come to mind). Anyway, very good nostalgia movie(maybe even my favorite movie this year) with a great cast and a brilliant soundtrack. I highly recomend this film.

Here's a fun question. What, in your opinion, is the most overrated movie ever? For me it's Fight Club, I saw Fight Club when it came out and I own it on DVD but it's not the cinematic masterpiece that my generation wants it to be. I think that Fincher's visuals are cool but that's it for me.

Here's a fun question. What, in your opinion, is the most overrated movie ever? For me it's Fight Club, I saw Fight Club when it came out and I own it on DVD but it's not the cinematic masterpiece that my generation wants it to be. I think that Fincher's visuals are cool but that's it for me.

TITANIC! Oh dear GOD, TITANIC. That or The Departed. Neither deserved Best Picture. Agh!

TITANIC! Oh dear GOD, TITANIC.

As I reiterated in the other movie thread, I would've found Titanic somewhat tolerable if not for the romance subplot. Which is a sad irony since it's pretty much the main driving force of the movie besides the giant iceberg. :teehee:

What do I consider overrated? The Notebook. Whenever people allude to a random mushy romance movie on the fly, it's always The Notebook. And I can't even tell if they were being serious or not. A Walk To Remember was slightly easier for me to digest, and that was even with the weird case of adaptation decay it got. I mean, of all the things they had to cut from the movie they had to choose the one thing that pretty much negates the point of the whole... Wait, what am I talking about? I don't even like Nicholas Sparks! :angry:

I saw a movie yesterday--Frost/Nixon. Very good in my opinion. Langella does an amazing job of capturing the highly intelligent and conniving, yet intensely insecure and haunted nature of this fascinating figure. In some ways, I feel it is too bad that Nixon's accomplishments will always be foreshadowed by Watergate. But, sometimes we reap what we sow.

Here's a question: which director do you think only had one good movie in them? For it is Jared Hess who directed Napoleon Dynamite, nacho libre, and gentlemen broncos. I think that napoleon dynamite is his best film and that all the others can't match it. He's now over used his awkward humor and just made his characters stupid.

Edited by entertheninja!

Here's a question: which director do you think only had one good movie in them? For it is Jared Hess who directed Napoleon Dynamite, nacho libre, and gentlemen broncos. I think that napoleon dynamite is his best film and that all the others can't match it. He's now over used his awkward humor and just made his characters stupid.

For me its M. Night Shyamalan. I just wish he would dry up and blow away. Sixth Sense was good but everything else I can think of his movies just leave a bad taste of time I will never really get back, with his newer stuff getting progressively worse.

For me its M. Night Shyamalan. I just wish he would dry up and blow away. Sixth Sense was good but everything else I can think of his movies just leave a bad taste of time I will never really get back, with his newer stuff getting progressively worse.

Hey now, I liked Unbreakable! The rest... meh.

Mine goes to Joel Schumacher with The Phantom of the Opera. Everything else I've seen of his is just... bad. But I LOVED Phantom.

Edited by Trekker 42

But I LOVED Phantom.

agreed.

Yeah, I really liked Unbreakable. Much better movie than 6th sense, IMO.

His movies did indeed go downhill with each release. With his last movie being the garbage fest called The Happening, how bad will The Avatar Bender (or whatever it's called) be?

I'm already fearing for the man's life should the Avatar die-hards actually see the final product :unsure:

Regarding Joel Schumacher, oddly enough I thought Phone Booth was pretty good. His "Brat Pack" era movies (St. Elmo's Fire, The Lost Boys, Flatliners) were fairly popular for their time though so maybe there might be something to them.

I'm already fearing for the man's life should the Avatar die-hards actually see the final product :unsure:

Regarding Joel Schumacher, oddly enough I thought Phone Booth was pretty good. His "Brat Pack" era movies (St. Elmo's Fire, The Lost Boys, Flatliners) were fairly popular for their time though so maybe there might be something to them.

I enjoyed Phone Booth a lot.

I enjoyed Phone Booth a lot.

I would like to see the original cut of Phone Booth. The part of the sniper was originally shot with Ron Eldard; he was replaced with Kiefer Sutherland in re-shoots after 24 became a big hit.

I just watched Invictus. It was pretty good but I don't understand Rugby so I felt a little lost in those parts. Matt Damon had a good bit of muscle in this movie that he does not normally have and that along with the blonde hair and blue eyes I could not help but imagine him playing a certain Star Spangled Avenger which in my opinion would be awesome.

Finally watched Angels and Demons. I'll admit I have yet to see The Da Vinci Code (not for religious reasons but for the pure and simple reason that I just got the damn thing along with A&D and Dad wanted to watch A&D) but I was really impressed by A&D. Tight storyline (Lagged in some spots. Went into too much detail with turning on the Hadron Collider) and impressive acting (especially from Ewan McGregor who had me fooled.) made for a movie which surpassed my expectations. I give it an easy B+.