UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America - Reborn

dj87

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh, Skrull doubles are old hat.

I'm really intrigued as to how Brubaker will bring Steve back. Magic? Cloning? Time travel? One of the Infinity Gems? Another poorly-thought-out Mephisto gambit? Improbable weather conditions causing a frozen human heart to start right back up again? Was never dead all along? :huh:

What do you guys think? What would be the least ridiculous way to bring Steve back?

He and Bruce Wayne are off in Spain, kicking it back with a few Bud Lights.

And now i wait for Marvel and DC to read this, change their minds, and make a Red Robin/Bucky-Cap crossover to bring back Cap and Bats at once. <_<

And now i wait for Marvel and DC to read this, change their minds, and make a Red Robin/Bucky-Cap crossover to bring back Cap and Bats at once. <_<

Shouldn't that be a Jason Todd / Bucky Crossover? :biggrin:

T.

Oh we're already dancing on that third rail of ressurections...

Schmitt and Zola were playing with Doom's time machine before Captain Bucky and company stopped their last scheme.

Lord, I'm hoping it's a red herring. And of course now the previews are claiming

even getting stopped was part of the plan...

I guess that's one of my favorite parts of this story: this has really been the most successfuly arch-villain plan I have ever read.

I agree with battlecat, about being more of a legend dead than alive.

and I don't think he needs to be brought back, at least not for some time.

alot of people I know personally who all say cap should be brought back don't even read captain america comics, and never have. it's just that... I don't know, they like the idea of steve rogers being captain america.

at least goliath won't be coming back =(

I've always found that DC respects death a lot more than Marvel, and I was hoping this would change that... But it obviously didn't.

Lame.

Really? Really?

Barry just came back this year. You know, the guy we watched die on panel twenty years ago.

DC invented the Hypertime concept so they could bring people back and not explain it.

DC has killed off almost every major member of the Justice League at one point or another, and then revived them.

Not counting GA JSAers, the only people who they've killed, and not revived yet are schedued to come back this summer.

In fact major injuries, like blindness or broken backs are often reversed within a years time. Except Barbara Gordon, who must have just really karmically cheesed someone off to still be stuck in that chair. I mean both Bruce and John Stewart got out of their wheelchairs, why not her right?

DC has even commented in story that no one attends superhero funeral anymore, because they figure they'll be back eventually.

Oh I see, by wording it like an SNL joke it makes it sound like you're an expert on the topic.

Seriously THE FACT THAT THEY KEPT BARRY DEAD FOR 25 YEARS PROVES MY POINT.

Dc has killed Superman, Green Arrow, Flash & Martian Man of the major heroes.

In Marvel they've killed EVERY CHARACTER.

And, as much as I would like to forget Final Crisis happening they talk more about most of the prayers at a funeral being that a hero would return.

I'm not saying DC doesn't bring heroes back from the dead, I'm saying the RESPECT death.

Chuck Dixon killed Ice and as soon as the the comic published DC announced that killing her was a mistake.

DC kept her dead for 15 years.

I don't mean to sound like I want to argue about this, I don't. I just made a statement and your reply was dripping with sarcasm.

Shouldn't that be a Jason Todd / Bucky Crossover? :biggrin:

T.

Technically now it's a Tim Drake/Bucky crossover. ;)

Actually it was more a joke about the dead people who have come back to life thing!

T.

I don't mean to sound like I want to argue about this, I don't. I just made a statement and your reply was dripping with sarcasm.

And your point is... ;) (it's the internet, I thought all comments were supposed to be at least sprinkled with sarcasm under the FCC regulations passed during the Clinton era. They mandated the switch to DTV, set the Sarcasm Standards Board over all internet posting, and required every radio station to play that Seal song from Batman Forever at least once an hour for the remander of that calendar year.)

Sorry.

Clearly, we disagree. IMO neither company "respects" death. If they did, then their dead would stay dead. Personally I am saddened by the state of both companies. But I feel that DC has moved slightly ahead of Marvel in the stupid editorial decission department with the blatant "Hey we can kill an icon and replace him with a side kick too!" manuver they just pulled. So I'm a little more down on them right now. Give Marvel a minute, I'm sure Joey Q will think of something even dumber to do as we speak.

Tim Drake hasn't died and come back to life yet? What's the hold up, DC??

Oh please dont make me have to explain this out loud *does puffy out cheeks face and rolls eyes!* ;)

The joke was that it was suggested that to get dead cap/bruce back they would have a crossover between 2 of the three "should never be resurrected EVER" ( uncle ben being the other) characters!

Pay attention people there might be a test later!!! B)

T.

Must... resist... "Tim Drake is dead?" joke...

Oh, too late :lol:

Seriously sometimes I wonder how far ahead the "powers that be" at Marvel really plan these things. So now Brubaker's saying he killed off Steve for the express intention of bringing him back all along. Meaning that when Civil War ended the way it did a few years ago Brubaker was already planning Steve's return in the back of his mind.

Hopefully that means the "other" weird events recently will somehow work themselves out. Maybe the Mighty Avengers will align with Thor and help rebuild Asgard when they uncover Loki. Maybe the resurrected Psylocke will uncover the clue behind that kid Cable's been protecting. Maybe Nick Fury will team up with Iron Man to take down Norman Osborn. Maybe Aunt May dies after all and Mephisto's deal becomes null and void.

... and this is why idiots must never speculate comic book events. Damn wishful thinking. :(

PLEASE LET AUNT MAY DIE!!

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but this is the single most annoying thing to me in comics!!

Marvel Editor 1: Hey we've had an awesome run of Spidey comics, eh?

Marvel Editor 2: Hey, why don't we start over?

ME1: Huh?

ME2: Why right new material when we can just start the who thing over again? Then 60 years from now we do it again!

I'm actually enjoying Batman Reborn. Making Dick Batman is the proper evolution of the character. I dont believe it will stay that way for long as they will bring Bruce back which could lead to some interesting points if Dick actually does a good job as the Batman as don't want to give back the cowl.

For me the death and rebirth of Cap Am is just happening to quick I understand its tactics to sell comics kill off the star boost sales etc and all that but it just seems to pushed. Its been what 2 years realtime which could be a much shorter amount of time in comics. I would have left it much longer before bringing back Steve and I'm talking realtime. Give a new influx or generation of readers a Cap for modern age they can invest time in and then much further down the line bring back Steve instead of the what seems to be give them the new and improved Big Mac then swap back to the old recipe when it don't catch on.

Marvel could have easily published Steve Rogers Cap stories to keep fans of him happy just do it in the way 2000AD does Strontium Dog make them older unseen adventures from before he died.

I think my main bugbear is the speed 2 years or so realtime is nothing in comic timelines so in effect Steve Rogers could have only been departed for a few months and even in that small slot you have the reappearance of the Invaders Cap so he actually has been away much shorter.

Ohh my head hurts trying to work this out and the pubs dont open for another hour and a half. Going back to Batman I have always liked the Red Robin from Kingdom/Kingdom Come stuff so glad to see him back just a shame no DC minimates.

It's not the story itself I object to.

Dick-as-Batman can be and thus far is a good read.

It's the timing I object too. It smacks of the same kind of corporate decision making that makes TV networks make bad copies of the whatever show is popular on another network, or almost but not quite like a popular movie. And, unlike when Wally took over as Flash 20 years ago, everyone knows that this stint is going to be temporary. I will be stunned if this lasts even as long as Az-Bats. That I object to.

PLEASE LET AUNT MAY DIE!!

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but this is the single most annoying thing to me in comics!!

Marvel Editor 1: Hey we've had an awesome run of Spidey comics, eh?

Marvel Editor 2: Hey, why don't we start over?

ME1: Huh?

ME2: Why right new material when we can just start the who thing over again? Then 60 years from now we do it again!

Oh boy do I remember that day. hehehehe.......wait, Why am I laughing, I hated that?

Must... resist... "Tim Drake is dead?" joke...

Oh, too late :lol:

Seriously sometimes I wonder how far ahead the "powers that be" at Marvel really plan these things. So now Brubaker's saying he killed off Steve for the express intention of bringing him back all along. Meaning that when Civil War ended the way it did a few years ago Brubaker was already planning Steve's return in the back of his mind.

Hopefully that means the "other" weird events recently will somehow work themselves out. Maybe the Mighty Avengers will align with Thor and help rebuild Asgard when they uncover Loki. Maybe the resurrected Psylocke will uncover the clue behind that kid Cable's been protecting. Maybe Nick Fury will team up with Iron Man to take down Norman Osborn. Maybe Aunt May dies after all and Mephisto's deal becomes null and void.

... and this is why idiots must never speculate comic book events. Damn wishful thinking. :(

I wanted May to be a Skrull and the deal is null and void because Mephisto didn't really save May Parker.

And i hope they respect the deaths of the people in the Ultimate U with Ultimatum. They generally have managed to keep dead guys pretty much dead so far. And by dead, I mean "We saw the body" dead. Like

Daredevil and Dr. Strange

. Not "There was no body but we're pretty sure he's dead" like

Spider-Man who I maintain that, due to the lack of a body, he is NOT dead. It worked for Venom, it'll work for him. Hell with Venom, Fury outright told us "He's not dead." It'll work for Spider-Man too. Until I see the body, he's not dead.

Remember we're all equals here!

I disagree. Those of us who have not actually been banned, but have been mistaken as banned are not as equal as those who were actually banned, then allowed membership back to the forum. The latter amongst us are all equal, excepting those who prefer DC, as these members aren't as likely to come back from ban-hood until several years have passed, and thus have more respect for the banning process than do Marvel fans.

And i hope they respect the deaths of the people in the Ultimate U with Ultimatum.

That would mean respecting Jeph Loeb though, which is pretty much impossible these days... :P

And yeah, I haven't read anything anywhere to suggest

Ult. Spidey is actually dead, so I wouldn't worry about it... He'll be gone a year tops.