UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America - Reborn

dj87

And i hope they respect the deaths of the people in the Ultimate U with Ultimatum.

That would mean respecting Jeph Loeb though, which is pretty much impossible these days... :P

And yeah, I haven't read anything anywhere to suggest

Ult. Spidey is actually dead, so I wouldn't worry about it... He'll be gone a year tops.

Well the only things that they're advertising for subscription, and I'm a current subscriber so I'd know, is Ult Comics Spidey and Ult Comics Avengers. And Bendis and Millar are writing those... So Loeb may just be miniseries or he's gone.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it we all thought Captain America was dead last time around .....before the eskimoes (?) & Namor found him . Where had he been prior to that ? As a storyline .....that was just the tip of the iceberg :D

Most sarcastic and dead straight and the same time. Have a cookie I give up the intenet has killed comic fun :)

Well the only things that they're advertising for subscription, and I'm a current subscriber so I'd know, is Ult Comics Spidey and Ult Comics Avengers. And Bendis and Millar are writing those... So Loeb may just be miniseries or he's gone.

Unfortunately Loeb will be sticking around, he's writing 2 of the 4 new titles -- New Ultimates with Frank Cho, and some other thing they haven't announced the name/details of yet.

But I was talking more about the fact that future writers are all the more likely to go back on "his" deaths, given that his writing has been horrible the last few years. After trying to read Ultimates 3, I couldn't even look at Ultimatum, but I did hear that in the last issue Magneto

got his arm chopped off by a metal sword, which is so amazingly stupid... and yet not at all surprising in a current Loeb comic.

On the other hand the Ult. Universe is fairly small so I imagine the deaths will stick for the most part, since there's fewer characters needed to fill up the books. And, as you say, it would be nice for them to take death seriously in at least one comic universe.

The difference with Dick as Batman is that we KNOW Bruce isn't dead. The characters in the DC universe think he is, but we know what really happened to him.

Does that count as being dead?

Well, yes and no... Yes, he's dead cause he left a fried corpse to bury. A fried corpse I'm sure somebody checked DNA and junk with to confirm it was infact Bruce who was dead. (If they say later that they just plunked the fried corpse in the ground without doublechecking who was under the crispy-cowl, then they may respect death, but clearly the living are alowed to be dumb as posts) But he's only mostly dead, cause somehow

another Bruce complete with costume and everything got sent back to the caveman days.

I'm sure they'll figure it out in time for Bruce to come back and save everyone from certain doom. Probably use the

Time Trapper

to do it. Those stories always end well. Then they'll kill someone else... I think it's Dinah or Zatanna's turn in the rotation.

And Aunt May died over a decade ago in Amazing Spider-Man #400. It was really well done in both story and art. And then in a move of pure cowardice, they claimed that it was an actress hired by Norman who died (please don't think about that one too hard, it makes your head hurt), and the real May was being held prisoner. So I don't know who or what that is living in Queens and sleeping with Jonah's dad, but it ain't May Parker. (or at least they've yet to convince me she's anything but a fraud)

No, cause he's not dead... Hence the confusion.

Anyways, Darkseid has the power to replace someone with dead version of themselves and put the living one elsewhere.

THAT is dumb... No, I take it back that is stupid. Most rediculous power |I've ever heard of. The Ruler of Apokolips is practically all powerful and he decides to occasionally pull a "switcheroo"? Gah!!!!!

Why do people have to contaminate commics with this crap!

I blame Grant Morrisson... And Final Crisis (Which he wrote). That story was crap.

Worst comic I've ever read.

Batman gets "Switched" at the same time that he shhooots Darkseid with a God-Killining-Gun. Since when does Batman shoot people/Gods with guns!?!?!?!

If that was the only problem I had with Final Crisis the world would be a lot sweeter, let me tell ya.

What were we talking about?

I don't even know anymore.

Ummm... Anyone reading Green Lantern right now? It's really good... Plus they're about to PERMANENTLY kill Mogo. :(

Haha! I just realized we're talking about death/resurection and right now GL is in Blackest Night which is a story about all the dead rising and being Zombified baddies.

So far they've got Superman 2, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, Bruce (Don't get me started), Mirror Master, Terra, Hawk & Dove and more!

They've also hinted at characters like Ralph & Sue Dibney.

Jesus, isn't this thread supposed to be about the possible return of Steve Rogers?

That is pure magic Donster whether intended or not.

Three days for Jesus ,two years for Steve Rogers*.

*Some people might see that as irreverent but I was reading & enjoying the New Testament way before I was reading Stan's Testaments. I still enjoy both.

Jesus, isn't this thread supposed to be about the possible return of Steve Rogers?

That is pure magic Donster whether intended or not.

Three days for Jesus ,two years for Steve Rogers*.

*Some people might see that as irreverent but I was reading & enjoying the New Testament way before I was reading Stan's Testaments. I still enjoy both.

I too got much enjoyment out of that.

*stays on topic* I still think it's too soon to bring back steve rogers.

The discussion of Batman kinda flowed from the discussion of Steve's impending return. And it's not theoretical, they are bringing Cap back, the question is how. But it's a valid comparison- Both are they're universes' top "non-powered" hero, they both recently "died", and both have been replaced by their first sidekicks. Main difference being Marvel really went into overdrive selling the idea that Steve was dead, and DC never even pretended they had really done away with their main cash cow. Okay there's the small fact that Batman bought it violating his own rule about not using guns in the middle of a confusing and violent tribute to the sillier side of the DCU, (it ended with Superman saving the day by singing, what else do you need to know?)

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

We're talking about Final Crisis again!!

Miry make it stop! Make it stop!!! :pinch:

The whole thinhg frustrates me beyond belief!

"Oh no, the world is dying. Let's make a wish machine and unwish the world falling apart."

Why the hell would they wish the earth back to the moment before it collapsed where half a dozen heroes had died along with a large percentage of the human race in a post apocalyptic world? Why not wish it back to BEFORE Final Criosis?

Friggin retarded.

Oh yeah, and bring back Steve is dumb.

My first reaction to them bringing back Bucky was:

Bringing back Bucky is dumb. But they proved me wrong. They made it work.

Why can't people stick with things that work?

Ooooo kaaaaay. :blush:

I'll take almost any explanation that doesn't involve bringing Steve back using

Doom's time platform

, which as I said Zola and the Skull were playing with when they were "stopped". And Sharon, who was there, is having visions of seeing

them bring "someone" through the portal

before stuff hit the fan.

To my mind, it seems early. But re-reading the last few issues, clearly this was plan from the begining.

has anyone seen the video for 'captain America Reborn' on Marvel.com as the video and Cap#600 with sharon carter start to give you hints and reading up on it at Marvel they say that its not going to be a Steve's back and thats that.....come on he's been dead for a year comic time so they will be rehabilitating him and they also mention psychological trauma as well

but his ressurection was inevitable so.......

But hopefully Bucky will stay with us for a while as the story lines are ace

I've been thinking about as well and I wonder if maybe they'll explore Steve's return in a way similar to how they handled Clint Barton's. Remember that when he was brought back after the messy House Of M affair he couldn't bring himself to just go back to being ol' Hawkeye again due to all that emotional trauma. Cue Dr. Strange helping out in Clint's rehabilitation by "giving him" the new Ronin identity.

I think Marvel sometimes did an interesting job with the symbolism of superhero identities. The fact that Hank Pym having loads of them may have been symptomatic of his secret inferiority complex was a stroke of genius. I'd like to see the implications of Steve's return and what it might mean for everyone concerned, including the current Captain America.

has anyone seen the video for 'captain America Reborn' on Marvel.com as the video and Cap#600 with sharon carter start to give you hints and reading up on it at Marvel they say that its not going to be a Steve's back and thats that.....come on he's been dead for a year comic time so they will be rehabilitating him and they also mention psychological trauma as well

I saw that myself earlier today quite a nice video reminded me of the old marvel cartoons with Thor and Namor where they would move what looked like comic cells.

The Clint Barton thing is a good example and something I never thought of maybe Steve Rogers does come back and doesn't want to be Cap Am.

I saw that myself earlier today quite a nice video reminded me of the old marvel cartoons with Thor and Namor where they would move what looked like comic cells.

The Clint Barton thing is a good example and something I never thought of maybe Steve Rogers does come back and doesn't want to be Cap Am.

he'll be exploring his relationships with those who are left after he died

Remember he was to be tried as a traitor to the country that he gave everything to, thats gotta sting and now stark is in the same boat as he was 'America's most wanted' who;s to say whats gonna happen. Northraider talks about rehabilitation and how Clint barton is a different man from the man he was when he was hawkeye, Maybe steve won't be the idol to Bucky and everyone else that he was.........

and i'd love to see Steve and Sharon Carter at couples councelling :D

and whilst I'm talking about sharon.............

whats the deal with the gun that killed steve rogers ?????

coz at the end of #600 she said she knew how to bring him back and earlier in the issue she found the gun that she used to kill him

I'm sorry. There is no point to bringing Steve Rogers back, then what? He goes back to being the Captain or Nomad? Sorry I read that whole "Cap goes to find himself" story at least twice already. Pretty sure I don't want to see him come back from the dead only to read it again. It got old when Hal used to do it too.

And I am sorry, Mr. Barton, if you are ticked that Bullseye has your identity, lose the black PJ's, take it back and kick his @$$. Don't go on TV and claim "I used to be Hawkeye", go BE Hawkeye and prove it. I realise you didn't want to pretend all the other didn't happen, feeling unsure of yourself, etc. But pal, you're feeling self assured enough to be back leading the Avengers again, so quit hiding and get your bow, and get your rep back. Cause "Ronin leading the Avenges means jack, but Hawkeye leading the Avengers and now Norman has a problem. You're a good fighter, but you were this world's greatest archer, so quit pretending you're Swordsman Jr.

Cause "Ronin leading the Avenges means jack, but Hawkeye leading the Avengers and now Norman has a problem.

Do you just mean because he's a better fighter as Hawkeye, or because it would cause PR problems for Osborn having another Hawkeye around? Because having the real Spidey and Wolverine in the street Avengers team doesn't seem to have caused any publicity problems for their DA counterparts so far (although that may well change)...

Do you just mean because he's a better fighter as Hawkeye, or because it would cause PR problems for Osborn having another Hawkeye around? Because having the real Spidey and Wolverine in the street Avengers team doesn't seem to have caused any publicity problems for their DA counterparts so far (although that may well change)...

Both.

I'd elaborate, but then apparently I'm highjacking this thread too much.