UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will all pan out eventually,we'll all get our Moonstone / Bullseye sooner or later & not for $34 on ebay either. I'll use the inevitable kubrick analogy....new wave gets issued,the chases get hoarded,then the 'crap' gets pumped on ebay ....in the meantime somebody 'tests the water' with a steep BIN on the chase....Mr.Impatient pounces & for a while every boy & his brother is selling at the new 'steep' BIN price & selling zilch. I'm somewhere between Mr.Impatient & Mr.Missitentirelycozitscheap. As an example this only recently was the promo that just never showed up.

In the meantime IF the Moonstone pack is the only one being bought at TRU & the others are peg-warming then somebody's great idea for a short -packed limited TRU exclusive won't last long.

On a kind of related matter.......... Bolt-Face .....where's that one going to re-appear? ;)

I was placing them back on the pegs ...

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! heh

I'm a bit nervous about this set, though I probably have nothing to worry about. Based on studying the movement of 'mates off the shelf at my LCS and at TRU, I'm convinced I'm probably the only "collector" in Greenville, NC, so its not a matter of people identifying the hard to find figures and scooping them up, its just a matter of the store actually stocking the appropriate sets.

What bothers me: TRU is known to be scalpers' haven, not just those off the street, but employees also. Short-packing like they have BE/MS makes it obvious which is the exclusive, so any ol' fool who doesn't know squat about Minimates will see it and figure they should snap it up to make a quick buck on eBay.

I was placing them back on the pegs ...

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! heh

I'm a bit nervous about this set, though I probably have nothing to worry about. Based on studying the movement of 'mates off the shelf at my LCS and at TRU, I'm convinced I'm probably the only "collector" in Greenville, NC, so its not a matter of people identifying the hard to find figures and scooping them up, its just a matter of the store actually stocking the appropriate sets.

What bothers me: TRU is known to be scalpers' haven, not just those off the street, but employees also. Short-packing like they have BE/MS makes it obvious which is the exclusive, so any ol' fool who doesn't know squat about Minimates will see it and figure they should snap it up to make a quick buck on eBay.

Ya see, this has me scared for BSG and GB. I mean, they ALL say "TRU Exclusive," and i know that GB is widely popular. I only need one of each, but i'm a little worried with them.

Even more so with BE/MS, but i already expressed my worriedness over that pack, so i'll save you all the boredom. ;)

This will all pan out eventually,we'll all get our Moonstone / Bullseye sooner or later & not for $34 on ebay either. I'll use the inevitable kubrick analogy....new wave gets issued,the chases get hoarded,then the 'crap' gets pumped on ebay ....in the meantime somebody 'tests the water' with a steep BIN on the chase....Mr.Impatient pounces & for a while every boy & his brother is selling at the new 'steep' BIN price & selling zilch. I'm somewhere between Mr.Impatient & Mr.Missitentirelycozitscheap. As an example this only recently was the promo that just never showed up.

In the meantime IF the Moonstone pack is the only one being bought at TRU & the others are peg-warming then somebody's great idea for a short -packed limited TRU exclusive won't last long.

Quoted for truth. Very good point sir.

Of course, my tune might change once they actually start showing up in my neck of the woods and I have issues finding the pack in question.

Hey buttheadmate,one of those spocks was mine i put it up under my comic shops name to help his feedback rating, and to be honest i got it for free and i am glad it sold cheap, hopefully that means more people who want them will be able to get them without selling there first born.

At least there's a silver lining:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINIMATES-MARVEL-BULLS...alenotsupported

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

Lookit this silly shit right here. I hope nobody on here goes for these.

And the lot sounds pretty fair. $7.55~(depends on where you are for tax)x5=$40~, and the shipping is probably standard fare.

Edited by Dio

Hit up my tru here in Yuma Az and no luck. I did score the two Wolverine Origins exclusives and Wonderman/Union Jack. I don't think they'll be restocking anytime soon. I purchased all of wave 1 of the tru mates, but don't think I can do that again. I hope these move somehow.

So if anyone wants to trade or is looking for "wave 2 or 3" tru mates let me know and I'll mine them for you.

CRAP! I just got back from my local tru, and as I walked up hopeful to a new peg of stocked mates, I see someone standing there, examining. They had the bullseye/moonstone pack in their hands. I was about to thrown down, have a royal rumble in the aisle, but instead blurted out "Are you gonna buy that"? "I think so, I collect these things too". And she did :(. 10 minutes earlier, 10 minutes, and it would've been mine :P, but at least it went to a collector and not a scalper. And if the person who got that pack reads this page, stay out of my TRU, that's my turf!

I finally came across the entire new wave after 1 of the many TRU's offered to hold a bullseye set for me. I booked ass accross town and picked up my bullseye, then went to the shelves and found all the rest of the new marvel wave and several full sets of BSG mates. I also found out that if you are approved for a TRU visa card, you get 10% off (I think every purchase) and you can use it on your 1st transaction too!

I realized that even though I have a great camera, I haven't been sharing any pics with the verse. Tell me if I loaded these wrong and they are too big or something and I'll do it more often.

Picture191.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture196.jpg

Picture197.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture200.jpg

And here is some of the newer stuff on a shelf

Picture205.jpg

Edited the first time to update URL's after the photo's were moved.

Edited again to tell you why I did it the first time.

Edited by arnim zola

CRAP! I just got back from my local tru, and as I walked up hopeful to a new peg of stocked mates, I see someone standing there, examining. They had the bullseye/moonstone pack in their hands. I was about to thrown down, have a royal rumble in the aisle, but instead blurted out "Are you gonna buy that"? "I think so, I collect these things too". And she did :(. 10 minutes earlier, 10 minutes, and it would've been mine :P, but at least it went to a collector and not a scalper. And if the person who got that pack reads this page, stay out of my TRU, that's my turf!

You should have just acted 'casual like' she was probably undecided until you asked her ;)

T.

I actually found them at the local TRU, and somebody got there first, picking up all the Hydras and the chase pack. Didn't know there was another obsessive Minimate fan in town, as these appear to have just arrived today. Guess I'll keep checking and hoping. At least this wave showed up.

Oh, yeah, if you didn't see my other post DST, please restrict 1-per-case packs to packaging variants from now on. Thanks.

Edited by karamazov80

No. Hydras! And I know they were there, because there were little severed arms all about.

Of course, I did mean the old bee-keepers.

By the way, this Wolverine's mask is really funky-looking. I was looking forward to him, but now that I've seen him in person, I think the first appearance version is much better.

Edited by karamazov80