UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor seems to be cast

Trekker 42

Whoever he is, he certainly looks the part. IMDB tells me that he was in the Wallander show referenced by BHM, so I guess that explains how he was cast.

Oh hell, he does look like it.

Nice... but does he have the menace/humor combo that very few actors can pull off? He needs that for Loki. I shall reserve judgment.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice... but does he have the menace/humor combo that very few actors can pull off? He needs that for Loki. I shall reserve judgment.

I'm not sure that he needs a sense of humor, or to be menacing (to me, that sounds more like Joker than anything else). The way I think of him, Loki is purely the master of deception--a sneaky, conniving snake of a character. To appear menacing might "show his hand" too well, IMO. He may pass himself off as cowardly and weak, even if he isn't, just to better deceive Thor and his allies.

I'm not sure that he needs a sense of humor, or to be menacing (to me, that sounds more like Joker than anything else). The way I think of him, Loki is purely the master of deception--a sneaky, conniving snake of a character. To appear menacing might "show his hand" too well, IMO. He may pass himself off as cowardly and weak, even if he isn't, just to better deceive Thor and his allies.

I am Loki :lol:

And Now Loki is cast.

Now perhaps one of our British frineds can tell me who the hell this guy is?

Best ask our Aussie frineds...

I'm v.much British, but I had never heard of this man before he'd become Loki.

Personally, I think he's got a good look about him, and I'm v.much looking forward to this film.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw somewhere today that Brian Blessed, former Vultan king of the Hawkmen for the cheeseriffic Flash Gordon movie, has been cast as Odin.

It'll do.

Brian Blessed is a British institution & his casting is perhaps predictable but nonetheless perfect.......in fact if they were to make a 'Brian Blessed' movie they would probably cast Odin in the lead role! With all these Brits on board maybe I could audition for my dream role .....Volstagg :biggrin: Although it has lost it's way a tad in the last couple of months the new Thor comic series is a revelation & the Warriors Three are immense fun characters who brighten any comic page......especially in Thor comics which tend to take themselves too seriously sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Portman as Foster works for me. I think her "cute not hot" actually works in her favor if you populate Asguard with ultra-hot supermodel types. Now she contrasts with the world he came from, and that would make her more attractive to him.

The one missing piece here is Don Blake. I've been pleased with the casting so far, but good hire on Dr. Blake will help nail expectations.

• 3 months later...

I don't want to be a thread-necromacer, but I just came across a campaign petitioning for this Canadian actor (James Preston Rogers) to play Thor. I tend to agree. Kirk's dad?!? C'mon, just look at this guy...he freak'in is Thor (and apparently he has a little bit of acting experience too). He's 6'6", built, and needs no wig. Check-out his demo reel:

Edited by cdubya

I don't want to be a thread-necromacer, but I just came across a campaign petitioning for this Canadian actor (James Preston Rogers) to play Thor. I tend to agree. Kirk's dad?!? C'mon, just look at this guy...he freak'in is Thor (and apparently he has a little bit of acting experience too). He's 6'6", built, and needs no wig. Check-out his demo reel:

I can really see that guy as Thor. I looked up his film appearances and he is in Outlander which I rate really highly as a good Sci-fi movie. (If you haven't seen it go watch it)

he is another youtube an interview with him.

Speaking of the Thor movie, rumor has it that Jude Law and Robert DeNiro will have supporting roles: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42746

Yeeeah some versions of this rumor have DeNiro taking over the Odin role, which would be a bad, bad idea. No idea what part these two might play. Although, We've heard who's playing Thor... do we have a Don Blake yet?

Reminds me of the Thor from "The Incredible Hulk Returns"

Just because a guy is built and already has long blond hair doesn't necessarily mean he will be a good Thor, though.

However, Pat Stewart probably only got his role of Prof. X because he was bald, and that worked out OK, so who knows?

Odin should be a Terry Gilliam cartoon, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
Dude, you're concerned about typecasting Anthony Hopkins?

:P

Nah. I know Hopkins can play varied characters (BELIEVE ME, I know!) But the closest kind of character to Odin he's played is Hrothgar. So I just REALLY hope it's not even a vaguely similar performance.