UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Codes are cracked, as a prize we got concept art !

TBT!

Thanks for posting these up for us TBT. I don't known the reasoning for you not being on the boards much anymore (I try to avoid any drama on the boards, got enough of it at home). I hope to see ya posting on here more often again. I gotta say that I really like this wave. I do hope we see more X-force members in the upcoming waves. Wolverine needs his teammates!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ab-so-lutely (and welcome back Tim...you do know how to make an entrance)! Please give us a means to expand our troops DST, as a full set will garner us two soldiers (which is nice) but more is always better when it comes to henchmen. I'm thrilled that DST was thoughtful enough to give us the ability to swap between classic and contemporary on Black Panther, Moon Knight, and Hydra; brilliant. Everything looks really nice, though I also am a bit disappointed about the variant (at least it can be modified to not be Logan) since I have to get it for another Hydra flunkie. Strucker would have been the business. My only other nit-pick is that damn hood/cape combo...I hate those. While it's sculpted very nicely (and I'm sure was more economical to make this way), I had been hoping that DST would have done away with those after the first Doom. We get an updated version, and the thing that bothered me the most remains the same...gah! Separate hoods DST, there's just not enough DC Spectre 'mates available to keep modifying these myself! :P

Edited by cdubya

Fess up TBT... are you working for DST or Art Asylum? This is the second surprise you've unveiled to us (first being Godfather proto pics) courtesy of DST. Very sneeky indeed. I've got my eye on you. ;)

Fess up TBT... are you working for DST or Art Asylum? This is the second surprise you've unveiled to us (first being Godfather proto pics) courtesy of DST. Very sneeky indeed. I've got my eye on you. ;)

Neither, I just had more time on my hands this morning than Shane did and assumed you'd rather have them posted earlier rather than be kept waiting?

And for all those asking, thank you for your kind thoughts and words, yeah I've been offline a lot lately but should be around more... you guys should really be more careful what you wish for ;)

T.

DST knocked it outta the park. I will gladly give up my Moon Knight custom for that version. BP and the Hydra agent are each two mates in one. Actually the Hydra Agent can be made into 4 or more if you mix and match the parts. I'm even happy about WWII Wolvie. He'll fit in nicely with WWII Cap and my Sgt. Fury custom.

Armored.... Daredevil.... whoa, 90's angsty Spidey and Daredevil flashbacks...

Boy, have to buy this wave for that alone, just to show DST there is demand for the obscure :)

All i can say is:

WEAK. VARIANT. SUCKS. A$$.

The wave is INCREDIBLE. I mean, Moon Knight is PHENOMONAL (favorite of the wave), I love Storm here (but need Jeanie more), T'challa's cape, and used to love X-force Wolvie. I mean, the design is great and it's a great book. Well, Messiah War is at least. But the variant just kills him and the wave. It's almost identical to Ultimates' Soldier, and is a total waste of a character slot. Classic Black Panther, anyone?? <.<

I love the HYDRA Agent though. I mean, it's like three-in-one. We get a "SpecOps" with goggles, a bulky, actiony, immakilljoo type, and then a weaker first-stringer. Or an easy Bob custom. :P

So yeah, awsome wave killed by a variant. Shame too. :(

Happy to see that the metal belt crotch on Black Panther is a larger peice that'll fit over the crotch peice. With gone, the cape gone and the braclets gone we'll have a classic Black Panther. Sweetness and delight!

Storm looks fantastic! Those 90's X-Men costumes translate great!

Moon Knight is hip! I'm on the fence about his worn looking cape, though. The detail is great and I totally understand the reasoning behind it. Just take a little getting used to.

Armored DD looks great as well. Nice to have a new hairpeice of Matt Murdock and some larger billy clubs for him too.

Knew I hate the inclusion of another Wolverine and I was right. They're good lookin'... just... re-hashes. Ah well. The only fault here is that the WWII version isn't the regular edition AND that it looks so close to that Ultimates version coming out. The Wolverine schmuck is the only thing wrong with this phenomenal series. And it's too bad, I agree, that they didn't pack the X-Force costume as the variant so we could have a two-pack of armor building Hyrda and WWII soliders.

That Hydra agent is the bee's knees. Spot on and really worth the money.

All in all, I can take 5 great figures and 1 re-hash.

Nice job.

Edited by Mystery Man

This is truely the year of the minimate, these waves just keep stepping it up. Amazing stuff. This just makes being laid off that much harder though :( I'm afraid I may end up having to play catch up once I become employed again.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

uh, Wow.

The capes on BP and Moon Knight look absolutely awesome! They look like they'll be pretty big. I even like the Wolverines in the wave. The soldier can easily be made into a generic soldier if needed, and the Hydra agent is about three minimates in one.

Now, I seriously want a box set with an AIM agent, Hydra agent, Skrull, and Sheild soldier. I'd buy 5, at least.

These all look amazing!

Who else wishes the Wolverines were swapped around, so they could easily build a small army of WW2 soldiers?

Agreed, filling out Sgt. Rock's squad over in the DC MM universe would be sweet. Sgt. Fury's Howling commandos are also acceptable. :D