UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Help

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
i wont be going to SDCC,but i need help getting the terminator exclusive,so if anyone can help me out,ill give you the cash if you can help me,PLEASE PM ME!!!!

Clayface! you Live in San Diego ( or as near as damn it!!) I tihnk asking others to pick stuff up for you is probably pushing your luck!

T.

i wont be going to SDCC,but i need help getting the terminator exclusive,so if anyone can help me out,ill give you the cash if you can help me,PLEASE PM ME!!!!

Clayface! you Live in San Diego ( or as near as damn it!!) I tihnk asking others to pick stuff up for you is probably pushing your luck!

T.

Yeah, but attending SDCC costs money, so doesn't it make sense to have people who would be there anyone pick it up instead of paying to get in for one toy?

T.

Yeah, but attending SDCC costs money, so doesn't it make sense to have people who would be there anyone pick it up instead of paying to get in for one toy?

thank you deadpool,thats exactley what i need!

Okay. Facts forthcoming. I will possibly need 2 sets each of the Shout! DVD Transformers and GI Joe collector cases. There's some kind of super huge SDCC bonus. I'm still working out the details, but expect cash will be delivered ahead of time. I don't play the "I'll pay you back. plz spend your own hard earned cash for me" game. :) This may not pan out at all. We'll see. Any volunteers?

EDIT: Okay, looks like I really am looking for someone to do this.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Sorry Deadpool but I totally disagree, if a member lives less than 10 miles away from the convention hall and could not get their shit together to make a visit on even one day out of the four then why should someone who has gone to a lot of time, efffort and money ( probablly travelling hundreds or thousands of miles & paying for airfair and hotel rooms etc) spend time picking up stuff for that person and possibly miss out on what they want to do? Not to mention the costs of shipping that pack aren't that far from a ticket!

If we are going to accept this request, then can anyone in Portland stop by the 7-11 and bring me a six pack, I can't be arsed to get off the couch!!!

T.

Sorry Deadpool but I totally disagree, if a member lives less than 10 miles away from the convention hall and could not get their shit together to make a visit on even one day out of the four then why should someone who has gone to a lot of time, efffort and money ( probablly travelling hundreds or thousands of miles & paying for airfair and hotel rooms etc) spend time picking up stuff for that person and possibly miss out on what they want to do? Not to mention the costs of shipping that pack aren't that far from a ticket!

If we are going to accept this request, then can anyone in Portland stop by the 7-11 and bring me a six pack, I can't be arsed to get off the couch!!!

T.

jeez,you took it a little too far ,look the thing is i wanted to go with my dad to comic con,but it ended up getting canceled so i just wanted to know if someone was going to comic con ,if they could just pick up that pack i wanted and i would give them the cash,it wouldn't even take 5 minutes to just buy the thing and i could meet them there,and deadpool has a point it takes 35 dollars for us to get into comiccon and all i want to do is just get the terminator pack,besides im pretty sure certain people can go out of there way to just get the pack of minimates because im certain most of our members at MINIMATEmultiverse will most likely get minimates at comic con,but all i wanted to do was just pay a person to get the exclusives minimate pack and i can meet them OUTSIDE because i cant get in becuase i dont have the money to get IN.!!

just the main thing is,if anyone can go out of there way to just get that pack,ill pay you,just thanks

jeez,you took it a little too far ,look the thing is i wanted to go with my dad to comic con,but it ended up getting canceled so i just wanted to know if someone was going to comic con ,if they could just pick up that pack i wanted and i would give them the cash,it wouldn't even take 5 minutes to just buy the thing and i could meet them there,and deadpool has a point it takes 35 dollars for us to get into comiccon and all i want to do is just get the terminator pack,besides im pretty sure certain people can go out of there way to just get the pack of minimates because im certain most of our members at MINIMATEmultiverse will most likely get minimates at comic con,but all i wanted to do was just pay a person to get the exclusives minimate pack and i can meet them OUTSIDE because i cant get in becuase i dont have the money to get IN.!!

just the main thing is,if anyone can go out of there way to just get that pack,ill pay you,just thanks

So in summary you are able to get to the show but want someone else to do it all for you...

Good luck with that!

T.

T.

To be a little fair here, it doesn't cost $35 or around that to walk into a 7-11. :P

I got free tickets :yes:

At the 2007 SDCC I had no clue of Minimates. The thing that sucks is right when I came back home, I started to like them!

how did you get them free?

My dad is the director Hong Kong's big comic book publisher, and he knows a few guys from Square Enix, so those SE guys also have VIP tickets because they are also going to SDCC so, *breath* they helped my dad get some VIP's :D

Most of the SDCC exclusives will likely be available through normal online retail channels like Hasbrotoyshop, Matty Collector, AFX, or BBTS.

This has made this whole topic seem confusing to me. I mean, if we were scoring them through board members, we'd still be paying for shipping, right? (or at least we would be if we were truly appreciative). The only problem the Minimate collectors might run across is getting the AFX keychains (which I'd be open to reimbursing someone for their trouble if they could score these for me).

Of course, some of our international friends might need assistance, since not everywhere will ship to everywhere (or at least not cheaply), so in that regard, this topic does have some relevance.

Hey, does anyone know how much DC Direct's "Rainbow" Hal Jordan series will be going for?? I really want 'em, but am kinda exceeding my summer budget (pre-oreders on other SDCC stuff). Also, anyone think DC Direct will have extra shipped to any LCSs??

They'll be anywhere between 15-20 dollars each. I remember that Graphiti Designs was selling a Batman exclusive at WWC a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were SDCC left-overs, so I'd say you'd be able to get your hands on a few.

Hey folks,

This is a great idea. I'm going to SDCC again this year. If you need a item and are serious about it, let me know. I'm not looking to cash in on this. I'm looking to trade for my wants.

My Marvel Minimates wants:

Archangel (variant)

Cyclops (No Visor)

Elektra (black)

Silver Centurion (Silver and Red Iron Man)

Spider-Woman 2 (black suit)

Stealth Iron Man

Super Skrull (huge want)

Thor (bearded)

Unmasked Daredevil

I'm going to try and find these but setting up a trade is just as easy. So let me know what you want and what's a fair trade from the item. When I get back from SDCC, I can mail it to you.

I can even email you my cell number and talk about it there at SDCC.

This is win win!!

jason

So, my only way of getting any SDCC exclusives, let alone the Minimate ones, has just announced that she won't even be buying anything for herself, let alone anyone else. So, I'm kinda screwed.

I'm making this thread (if it's in the wrong place, I apologize, and if someone could move it to where it needs to be, but will still be seen, please/thank you) not only for myself, but others in my position.

Is there anyone who is physically going to San Diego Comic Con, who could help out other board members, such as myself?

Post if you can help, or post if you need help (but mention how you plan to finance).

I need help, and I can pay upfront via Paypal.

Anyone else?

post-2791-1245879666_thumb.jpg

Edited by jason4444

Hey, does anyone know how much DC Direct's "Rainbow" Hal Jordan series will be going for?? I really want 'em, but am kinda exceeding my summer budget (pre-oreders on other SDCC stuff). Also, anyone think DC Direct will have extra shipped to any LCSs??

They'll be anywhere between 15-20 dollars each. I remember that Graphiti Designs was selling a Batman exclusive at WWC a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were SDCC left-overs, so I'd say you'd be able to get your hands on a few.

Damn, that's kinda a lot for me. And, after reading multiple "news" articles on these, they're actually being widely wanted. And with normal Hal being the only one at 3,000 made, with the others at 1,500, and him being available on Wednesday, this could pose a problem.