UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T2: Attack on Cyberdyne AFX Exclusive

6a010535980101970b01156f201854970c-.jpg

Link

Here's a look at our THIRD exclusive thus far for July's San Diego Comic-Con! Ahnuld shrinks down in this Minimates boxed set containing Sarah Connor (S.W.A.T. Gear), Terminator (Muscle Shirt), Miles Dyson, and a Scorched Endoskeleton! Sarah Connor comes with a rifle and alternate head with her black cap and sunglasses; Miles Dyson includes an axe; The Scorched Endoskeleton comes with a rifle. This set will retail for $20.00 and will be limited to just 2,000 sets!

Me likee. :D

The scorched endoskeleton doesn't make much sense in the context of the pack, but I totally understand that they did it to help move this set.

Edited by luke314pi

Nice set, but the endoskeleton is a bit out of place. I guess I'll have plenty of terminators to battle my cylons..

Hmm. 2 races of robots, created by man, bent on destroying mankind completely. Wouldn't they be more likely to team up on a mission to kill all humans? What would they fight about?

CYLON: We are going to kill all of the humans.

TERMINATOR: No we're going to kill all of the humans.

CYLON: But we were here first.

TERMINATOR: You were but now we were here 5 minutes before that. We have time travel technology. You can never be here first.

CYLON: Douche!

TERMINATOR: You are soo dead!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Never thought we'd be getting a Miles Dyson mate! I pray to God that our LCS gets these, surely T2 is bound to have as competitive a fanbase as BSG.

The thought of two different SWAT-vest Sarah Connors boggles the mind though.

The link in the first post shows the AFX exclusives so far. The other Minimate exclusive revealed is the Marvel Champions boxset. I'm unsure but I think the Ghostbusters 2 pack with Glow In Dark Staypuft man is going to be a exclusive as well?

To recap:

Minimate exclusives to expect this year

Champions (AFX)

Dark Avengers (SDCC)

Ghostbusters 2-pack (SDCC)

T2: Attack on Cyberdyne (AFX)

I guess all we need to figure out now is the mystery Dark Avengers complement at SDCC? Not unless DST has something else up its sleeve.

I don't know why, but the prospect of a Minimate-scale axe makes me giddy with anticipation for this set.

Nice set, but the endoskeleton is a bit out of place. I guess I'll have plenty of terminators to battle my cylons..

Hmm. 2 races of robots, created by man, bent on destroying mankind completely. Wouldn't they be more likely to team up on a mission to kill all humans? What would they fight about?

CYLON: We are going to kill all of the humans.

TERMINATOR: No we're going to kill all of the humans.

CYLON: But we were here first.

TERMINATOR: You were but now we were here 5 minutes before that. We have time travel technology. You can never be here first.

CYLON: Douche!

TERMINATOR: You are soo dead!

Exactly. That's what they would fight about. Bragging rights. And things like whether knife hands or gun hands are better. Of course, they would eventually settle their disputes and make a faster-than-light-back-in-time-resurrection drive (FTLBITR Drive). But when they got there, there being Kobol a few thousand years ago, they would (1) have been resurrected as a bunch of hot chicks and Dirk Benedict and (2) have to face off against Marty McFly, giant elven archers, and Vito Corleone who, of course, would make them an offer they couldn't refuse: peace with the minimate race in exchange for the release of the final BSG 'mates.

Nice set, but the endoskeleton is a bit out of place.

You couldn't well release the first Terminator set without an Endoskeleton, though.

When you put it like that...

Nice set. But it still causes confusion regarding the absence (unconfirmed by DST) of final battle Sarah Connor and John Connor fron series one. If this is still the case, I guess likeness issues aren't the issue.

BTW, the upcoming silver biker cop T-1000 would have been a better addition to the ATTACK ON CYBERDYNE than the scorched endoskeleton.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

A-maze-ing!! This is beautiful; can't wait to see the box!!

Arnie: Sweet face!! Is that Bizzaro's hairpiece??

Sarah: SWAT gear + crazy mom hellbent on saving the world = awsome minimate. The cap and the sunglassed head (which should be reversible instead) is great.

Miles: YAY!! Key character in T2, and not seeing him in any of the previewed waves was scarin me. Great likeness, too!

Burnt Endo: Umm...okay?? We've seen variations before, but this is random. While i love that burnt, bd look (gee, thanks Cylons!! <.<), it really has no place in this set. Silver-ooze-Biker-Cop-T-1000 would have been much better.

Now i'm pissed that i can't go to SDCC, but hopefully AFX.com will have them or LCSes will get them in, like the Marvel sets from '08, around October.

I actually understand the endosceleton. We already have like five T-1000's coming out in only two waves, and an endosceleton will sell a lot more sets, since it's a recognizable character. Plus, army-building.

EDIT: Lol, I put EXOsceleton. I should go see T2, I guess...

Edited by Iowa

That made ME confused. I thought there was a TRU wave with out John, Sarah and Kyle, and the specialty release was the regular release. Did I miss something?

From what i know the TRU wave is:

Final Battle T-1000/Final Battle T-800

T-800/SWAT Officer

Flashback T-800/Endoskeleton

As far as i know we have no news on whether Sarah, John, or Kyle are still in the regular release, but they aren't in TRU. That is, unless i missed something. :blink: