UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Con 22

Thanks guys! This is the set that inspired the Black & White Contest. I was originally just going to make a Norman Bates to go with my other Horror minimates, but I couldn't decide between normal or "Mother", and then I wanted an actual Mother Bates, and it all led to making this 4-pack.

I have two more 4-packs with packaging like this in the works from different licenses. I should have pics up in the next few weeks. :)

EDIT: Bigger pics of the packaging are here.

Edited by luke314pi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Punisher=D on your featured box set. I'm actually surprised we never got a Super Skrull box set, since it would be as close to a custom fodder/army builder set that we'd ever see for Marvel. Since most of the Super Skrulls from SI pulled their power sets from the rest of the Marvel U, the part reuse would be tremendous and perfectly acceptable.

And Luke, you never cease to amaze me with your work. Your works have always acted like a glass ceiling for my own, as no matter how good I get, you've trumped me on detail, technique, and just plain creative juices.

Oh, and perhaps this is a stupid question, but how exactly does one go about making their own packaging trays for those custom box sets? I've had a few projects in mind to get me back into customizing, and packaging has been one of my ponderings. Not looking for trade secrets, mind you, just tips.

Luke, those Psycho minis are awesome! Even the guys at DST have taken notice...

You can't get much better acclaim than that.

I really think your set seriously out does everything else that has been shown. There's some good stuff out there this year, but yours is in a class by itself.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Oh, and perhaps this is a stupid question, but how exactly does one go about making their own packaging trays for those custom box sets? I've had a few projects in mind to get me back into customizing, and packaging has been one of my ponderings. Not looking for trade secrets, mind you, just tips.

Next week's Minimate Factory update will go into this exact topic in extensive detail. :)

Edited by luke314pi

So, when you start working for DST soon, don't forget where you came from and design us that sweet Excalibur set as an AFX exclusive we're longing for... :P

Insanely great.

And thanks for the larger pics, so we can read your character descriptions on that box. (Huge spoilers!)

Those are phenomenal Minimates, Luke. As if the minimates and accessories weren't good enough (seriously - you made a rocking chair?!?!), you went ahead and made some beautiful custom packaging. An easy pick for best customs of the year.

As usual, Luke's customs are astonishing. Honestly, I think the level of your customs is consistently better than what we get from AA.

Those Terry Gilliam figures are pretty awesome, too.

Aw Man!

Those Psycho 'Mates are PERFECT.

the minimal line work on Normans face somehow makes him look recognisable as Anothony Perkins.

I'm in Awe . . . . these are AWESOME!

Edit: The Terry Gilliam & X-Force figure also deserve Kudos!

Edited by Nessex

Day for presents two Minimate custom sets!

Charlton Comic heroes, which I have to admit, I am not familiar with. (I just browsed through a few of them when I read Watchmen for the first time to see what inspired Moore for his costumes.) And the Green Scar and Silver Savage from Planet Hulk.

However, this day is at least in my eyes the weakest so far. (Besides the Minimates of course! ;) ) I like the Symbiote idea of those Marvel/DC crossover customes, but they aren't that awesome executed - regarding how spoilt we already are. However, Symbiote Batman is pretty cool. And I like the pics were this Axel Stone custom kicks Zangiefs, well, you know...

Thanks!

Wait a minute...

Real sneaky, Bob. :D

In fact, I planned that for years, NorthRaider! So, actually it's not "sneaky".

We prefer the term "skrully" in those cases. smiley_emoticons_freu.gif

____

Edit:

And Charlton customizer Super Spider Piggy belongs to our Multiverse as well, right?

Edited by Bob Harris

Thanks for the comments! The other MiniMate entries are great too! The Psycho ones are creepy! The Planet Hulk set looks like it was approved by Hulk himself! The skrulls look like somebody familiar....

So far for wave 2 of Charlton I have 4 figures, but they're secret. :ninja: Maybe summer Custom con along with that other line I mentioned plus a completely different line, which already has nearly 20 characters already. :yes:

:spiderham:

P.S. Rock on Charlton, the greatest comic book company to exist! :buttrock:

Thanks a lot, folks. And yes Punisher, go ahead, but please diplay what your results look like...

Custom Con 22 closes without any more MiniMates showcased, but the four sets were pretty cool! (And all turned out to be created by fellow 'versers!)

However I like these Galaxy Rangers - man, sweet childhood memories! - look cool and those X-Men meat Hogwarts customs - again by Mr. Victorian Avengers - look awesome!

All in all it was a great Con!