UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Green Lantern: The Movie

minimadman

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happier with Mr. Reynolds than the other choices presented. From other statements he's made, he seems to be another "comics geek makes good" kind of actor. So presumably he knows Hal and Wade are two different characters.

On the other hand, the fact that Reynolds was far and away the BEST choice of the stated field of "actors" is much, much more cause for concern. The fact that someone asociated in a position of power with this project had Justin Timberlake in the running for Hal Jordan proves my point that by in large WB has no frelling idea what they are doing.

I will believe this movie will get made when shooting starts. The WB got farther than this in that JLA movie a couple of years back, and that fell apart. Heck, Reynolds' last DC project fell apart too (he was allegedly all but signed to play Wally in a Flash movie even more years ago but the movie desintegrated before he could actually sign a contract) Fully expect this to fail to launch as well.

And secretly hoping WB proves me completely wrong.

still won't be as cool as that fake trailer looked though.

I dont get good vibes for this one and dont see Reynolds as Hal at all :(

I will wait and see though.

T.

p.s. For a long time I have thought the perfect Hal Jordan would have been a young Dennis Quaid?

I will believe this movie will get made when shooting starts. The WB got farther than this in that JLA movie a couple of years back, and that fell apart. Heck, Reynolds' last DC project fell apart too (he was allegedly all but signed to play Wally in a Flash movie even more years ago but the movie desintegrated before he could actually sign a contract) Fully expect this to fail to launch as well.

still won't be as cool as that fake trailer looked though.

The script was written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Michael Green. Green has worked on Heroes and Smallville and Guggenheim has quite the comic book pedigree. Martin Campbell is directing and shooting starts in January of next year. It is happening. Ryan Reynolds is great casting for this. I'm sure it will be far better than the fake trailer.

p.s. For a long time I have thought the perfect Hal Jordan would have been a young Dennis Quaid?

Dennis Quaid sucks. He's a cheap imitation of a good actor.

Ryan Reynolds is great casting for this. I'm sure it will be far better than the fake trailer.

Dennis Quaid sucks. He's a cheap imitation of a good actor.

Where as Ryan Renolds is a cheap imitation of a bad actor! B)

T.

Off topic a bit, but wasn't there also a script floating around for a wacky Green Arrow, prison-escape movie awhile back? I thought that sounded like the strangest idea yet for a comic movie.

As for Dennis Quaid, I can see what TBT! is talking about. He has a cocky but very "everyman," almost frat-boy vibe about him. During his "Innerspace" or "Big Easy" years, I could easily see him doing Hal justice. Sure, Quaid is no Brando, but with a role like this I think it is about finding the best fit of an actor, and I think he could have done a more than capable job.

Edited by karamazov80

Off topic a bit, but wasn't there also a script floating around for a wacky Green Arrow, prison-escape movie awhile back? I thought that sounded like the strangest idea yet for a comic movie.

As for Dennis Quaid, I can see what TBT! is talking about. He has a cocky but very "everyman," almost frat-boy vibe about him. During his "Innerspace" or "Big Easy" years, I could easily see him doing Hal justice. Sure, Quaid is no Brando, but with a role like this I think it is about finding the best fit of an actor, and I think he could have done a more than capable job.

Yeah I remember some time ago rumors of it being done as a comedy with Jack Black being the GL! *shudders*

As for DQ I'm glad you can see what I was talking about and I definitely meant when he was in his "innerspace big easy years..." I know that he's a little to old to do it these days!

T.

I think if they put Guy Gardener into the movie he should be played by Anton Yelchin who played Chekov in Star Trek and Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation...On a seperate note I think Ryan Reynolds is a good choice but not great...I much wouldve preferred Bradley Cooper... Doug Jones should play Abin Sur in my opinion...

I'm a Reyonalds fan, a huge Green Lantern fan... especially Hal (the PROPER one)

Initially, he doesn't seem the 'perfect' Hal Jordan, but quite frankly infinately better than the other proposed candidates, and I have every confidence that he'll get the part right. I'll be following this films development, filming, etc. closely, which is not something I do often.

I'll admit to already scribbling down a few ideas as to how they costume will look post-big screen 'tart up'. But more so... I'm excited about seeing the likes of Kilowog and Sinestro. Also, give me a Alan Scott cameo, if possible... please.

The script was written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Michael Green. Green has worked on Heroes and Smallville and Guggenheim has quite the comic book pedigree. Martin Campbell is directing and shooting starts in January of next year. It is happening. Ryan Reynolds is great casting for this. I'm sure it will be far better than the fake trailer.

My friend, they had all principles cast, a script in hand, a director signed, and the JLA movie completely fell apart over tax breaks on location shoots. And how many Wonder Woman projects have come and gone without anything being produced? How many Superman sequels? Warner Brothers does not have a good enough track record of even getting DC movies made for me to be optimisic here.

And I WANT them to prove me wrong. I really do. But come on, Justin Timberlake in the final three choices for Hal? Really? And these folks are still in charage of the project? Sorry, I think that's all the evidence I need to be sceptical here.

And that trailer rocked. You know it did. I really hope I'm wrong about the fake being better too. But I'm not expecting to be.

And I always thought Bruce Boxleitner would have made a good Hal. Back in the day, when Flash/Barry Allen briefly had a TV show, there was a rumor that they wanted to bring Hal in for their second season opener. The kicker? They wrote the part for Lee Majors to play Hal. But that was 20 years ago, so no I can't back that up with documentation.

Still being talked up as far as I can tell. It could be interesting as a Green Arrow sequel. But considering Green Arrow's relatively low recognition factor, I can't see this working as his first big screen outing.

I agree with Miry. Warner Bros just can't handle a DC movie; i've waited far too long for my Wonder Woman movie now; she should have been out before Hal; SHE'S IN DC'S EFFING BIG THREE!!!! :angry: But i digress; this about Green Lantern, not Diana. I just don't see this being "The Best GL Movie Possible" if Reynolds is in it, and i forgot about Warner making it; that just makes everything all the more awful. I really can't see this being pleasent.

Also, since NO ONE has talked about it yet, are we wondering who will be cast for Sinestro?? I, personally, have a great actor in mind, and (again) Photoshopped a pic for him:

2pyres3.png

Can anyone guess who's under all that make up?? :P Despite his age, i believe he'd have no trouble tackling a Sinestro.

I agree with Miry. Warner Bros just can't handle a DC movie; i've waited far too long for my Wonder Woman movie now; she should have been out before Hal; SHE'S IN DC'S EFFING BIG THREE!!!! :angry: But i digress; this about Green Lantern, not Diana. I just don't see this being "The Best GL Movie Possible" if Reynolds is in it, and i forgot about Warner making it; that just makes everything all the more awful. I really can't see this being pleasent.

Also, since NO ONE has talked about it yet, are we wondering who will be cast for Sinestro?? I, personally, have a great actor in mind, and (again) Photoshopped a pic for him:

2pyres3.png

Can anyone guess who's under all that make up?? :P Despite his age, i believe he'd have no trouble tackling a Sinestro.

It looks like either Tommy Lee Jones or Alan Rickman. But Tommy Lee Jones the most.

Who is it?

My friend, they had all principles cast, a script in hand, a director signed, and the JLA movie completely fell apart over tax breaks on location shoots. And how many Wonder Woman projects have come and gone without anything being produced? How many Superman sequels? Warner Brothers does not have a good enough track record of even getting DC movies made for me to be optimisic here.

And I WANT them to prove me wrong. I really do. But come on, Justin Timberlake in the final three choices for Hal? Really? And these folks are still in charage of the project? Sorry, I think that's all the evidence I need to be sceptical here.

And that trailer rocked. You know it did. I really hope I'm wrong about the fake being better too. But I'm not expecting to be.

And I always thought Bruce Boxleitner would have made a good Hal. Back in the day, when Flash/Barry Allen briefly had a TV show, there was a rumor that they wanted to bring Hal in for their second season opener. The kicker? They wrote the part for Lee Majors to play Hal. But that was 20 years ago, so no I can't back that up with documentation.

Still being talked up as far as I can tell. It could be interesting as a Green Arrow sequel. But considering Green Arrow's relatively low recognition factor, I can't see this working as his first big screen outing.

The principals in that movie were by no means cast. There were nothing but rumors. Not to mention that Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan both were very much against it for using Batman because they were in the process of creating a new universe in which their Dark Knight existed. The Green Lantern movie has a date when it is going to start shooting, a star in the lead role, a big name director, and a release date. There is no doubt that it is happening.

The Green Arrow movie was to be called Supermax and was to have the Green Arrow framed for murder unmasked and locked up in the Supermax prision alongside the likes of Deathstroke and other comic villains there was even talk of a brief Joker cameo in one way or another. It is yet another David Goyer project that fizzled out.

2pyres3.png

Didn't they already let TLJ deliver the first death strike to a DC franchise?

twoface.jpg

There is only one actor with the cranium size and evilness to be Sinestro.

rainn-wilson.jpg

Bears, beets, interstellar domination. *This is a joke although he and Sinestro do have the same haircut*

Wow...not that bad, but it looks way too much like Kyle Rayner for my tastes. Ya know what?! I'd rather see Reynolds take on Rayner!! Not THAT is a role i could get ito him doing!! Wrong for Hal, but right for Kyle!!

Great work though. Love the silvery accents; it has a Spider-man movie-costume feel, and i've always like comic-costumes made "real."

Haha I thought i was the only one here who watched the office minimadman!haha the best quote: Phyllis: [to Dwight in costume] Are you a monk?

Dwight Schrute: I'm a Sith lord!!

Dwight does have a massive cranium... Kevin should play killowag

Wow...not that bad, but it looks way too much like Kyle Rayner for my tastes. Ya know what?! I'd rather see Reynolds take on Rayner!! Not THAT is a role i could get ito him doing!! Wrong for Hal, but right for Kyle!!

Great work though. Love the silvery accents; it has a Spider-man movie-costume feel, and i've always like comic-costumes made "real."

Agreed, when I saw this I thought Kyle rather than Hal, I really dont think that this guy has the chops to pull off Hal properly.

T.

Haha I thought i was the only one here who watched the office minimadman!haha the best quote: Phyllis: [to Dwight in costume] Are you a monk?

Thursday is my favorite day of the week just for The Office. I think Kevin is a little to passive for Kilowog. They will more than likely CG him with the voice of Michael Clark Duncan which would not be the worst way to go about it.

I just read an article on Yahoo! about DC Comics movies that are in various stages of production and it contained this interesting bit of information.

This past fall, Warners quietly hired three of DC's biggest writers -- Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Marv Wolfman -- to act as consultants and writers for its superhero line of movies.

I wonder what movie Geoff Johns has been consulting on for DC. *cough* Green Lantern *cough*

kelly should play ch'p! :lol:

Isn't there an animated Green Lantern movie due at SDCC?

To be honest going by the last few DC animation movies I have seen it could be ok, the only one I haven't liked was Wonder Woman

The new Green Lantern animated movie is pretty good. Not perfect but enjoyable.

Edited by minimadman