UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel boxed set input thread.

murderofcrows

Ya, but his was a bit much.

You gotta start small yaknow? Instead of listing Spider-Man Villains as its own category, we list it as a category under Spider-Man if Spider-Man wins. Events should have its own tab but Cosmic I'm going to put under Fantastic Four as they usually deal with that kind of s*it

I'll shove Ultimate there not expecting much of it.

Here's how my categories would go:

Avengers (Including Captain America, Iron Man, Thor (and other gods), and Hulk and all related villains or future versions/Alt Earths thereof)

Fantastic Four (Including Cosmic Characters IE Silver Surfer and Ronan the Accuser and the Inhumans along with FF villains and future/Alternate FF earths. Skrulls here.)

Spider-Man (Including all Villains and the supporting normal human cast and alternate earths)

X-Men (Including all X-Teams past and Present and all X-Villains. Alien Races include Shi-Ar and Kree and alternate earths)

Street Justice (Including Daredevil Punisher, Moon Kinght, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and all villains thereof. Alt Earths inc.)

Events (Past and Present such as House of M. All events occurring on Alt Earths hit here.)

Ultimate (Ultimate Universe! Yay!)

He had a good idea, but he put too much in it. Mine narrows the initial choices and broadens within the winning category. You gotta start big then think smaller as my Robotics mentor says.

Edited by Trekker 42

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, we basically categories like trekker says, and move from there....giving my boy howard a chance :)

Bet he goes down in the first round. My prediction is that the Avengers win if we do that. There's so much to it. Most of everything everyone requested is Avengers with Spider-Man and X-Men coming next.

FF, Street Justice, and Ultimate are probably going to be gone. Events may make a showing but I doubt it'd meet Avengers.

... this just got real disorienting (disorientating?) real fast.

Just to put in my own two cents regarding the Inhumans suggestions: For everybody concerned that we'd need a 6-pack just for the whole Royal Family, DST could always follow the Marvel Zombies route and release a regular (4-pack) boxset first, then follow that up with a two-pack exclusive or two with characters prominent enough to stand alone in a set.

The way I see it, most of the Royal Family can go in the boxset while the two-pack can include Crystal and/or Maximus the Mad. (I'm a bit skeptical on how a Lockjaw minimate will be made, but hopefully something along the lines of Classic BSG Muffit's construction might be feasible.) Whatever is the case, my only request for a future Inhumans lineup (boxset or two-pack) is that Black Bolt and Medusa MUST be packed together. (Secret Invasion: Inhumans has convinced me THAT much.)

... oh yeah, AFX exclusive. I'm probably gonna have to go with a Young Avengers set as well. (And Inhumans... duh.)

Edited by NorthRaider

Ya, but his was a bit much.

You gotta start small yaknow? Instead of listing Spider-Man Villains as its own category, we list it as a category under Spider-Man if Spider-Man wins. [etc.]

Why not just take the suggestions already mentioned instead of starting to find a way to categorize those in the first place? If you love to have the Inhumans, fine. Just say you want the Inhumans instead of browsing through possible categories and find the one you need to vote for in the first place and after that start voting for the Inhumans anyway. My common sense is tingling here: I think you start to come up with a concrete wish and not with an idea for a category. So why put the cart before the horse and change that natural way of doing things? Is it really that important to have those categories at all?

Inhumans would get my vote.

Just like that. Stop trying to be perfect and complete, just call them out and let the chips fall were they may.

I'd say instead of putting all your well-considered engagement in finding fitting categories, just start to come up with your top box sets. I'd love to see who you would really wish to see minimaterized, Trekker! :thumbsup:

And regarding your categories - no offence here, never! It's the same with any category - I think ...

... this just got real disorienting (disorientating?) real fast.
If I want an updated Luke Cage I'd vote for Avengers, but crap, he'd be in the Street Justice rooster. Same with Iron Fist. Frak! And what's with everybody's villain darlings the Wrecking Crew? They fought Thor and the Avengers. And Luke Cage. And Iron Fist. And Spiderman. And the FF. Get what I'm driving at?

There are a lot of perfectly nice and coherent box set suggestions so far - some weird ones as well, but this is the very time to come up with those anyway!!! - without any category at all. I'd say let's just take those and vote for them. Let's just put up a deadline for the individual box-set wishes, collect them and then put them up for a first vote.

Those are my two Euro cents.

And I always thought Germany is home of overrated bureaucracy. :P

Edited by Bob Harris

It seems like we've gotten bogged down in how to structure this little survey. There are hundreds (thousands?) of MU characters AFX could theoretically make, with probably 90% of them being "must haves" for only one or two people each. So, if you're the guy with a fetish for Bi-Beast, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Perhaps some enterprising person could make a poll with the top, say, 100 characters who still need to be 'mated. A good start might be the poll Hasbro did for their Marvel Universe line – it seemed to have a good spread of popular and obscure characters. Then, we do another poll with the top 20 teams that still need to be made. Finally, we could add a write-in blank on both polls for Misty Knight or Unus the Untouchable or whoever else people need that didn't make the cut.

I'm late to the party & have just read through the whole thread in it's entirety....great idea. I'd agree with many of the choices but I began to think 'off the wall' & came up with a 'Savage Tales' Boxed Set. Marvel Savage Tales directly or indirectly featured the iconic characters Conan ,Ka-Zar ,Man-Thing & Howard the Duck.

It'll never happen but I can honestly say that I would kill for that line-up....everyone a winner :D

If they ever made a howard the duck minimate, you could get the Lorraine mate from bttf and customize her to make a Howard the duck Movie minimate :)

Great idea ! They could then,both, go on vacation with you...... & they could make another movie...... & they could call it .......... .........???

I'm late to the party & have just read through the whole thread in it's entirety....great idea. I'd agree with many of the choices but I began to think 'off the wall' & came up with a 'Savage Tales' Boxed Set. Marvel Savage Tales directly or indirectly featured the iconic characters Conan ,Ka-Zar ,Man-Thing & Howard the Duck.

It'll never happen but I can honestly say that I would kill for that line-up....everyone a winner :D

I'm thinking the same way you are. Logically I know that they're likely to go with a B- or C-level team (Inhumans) to ensure sales. But than I start thinking about odd parings that appeal to me and would probably mean death to the sales figures. So I'm torn between showing support for a team I'd enjoy that has a decent chance of being made (Inhumans) or showing love to a box set only I would enjoy (Marvel Robots: the Recorder, a Doombot, Quasimodo and the Super-Adaptoid) to have my heart broken when they announce Excalibur.

If they ever made a howard the duck minimate, you could get the Lorraine mate from bttf and customize her to make a Howard the duck Movie minimate :)

Great idea ! They could then,both, go on vacation with you...... & they could make another movie...... & they could call it .......... .........???

Oh god.

What would the title of the movie be Rob?

Duck Holiday Suckssuckssucks

HAHAHAHA

bastard ;)

because of you bringing up Howard the Duck, I am currently listening to part of the movie's soundtrack lol

Edited by Docholliday666

[so I'm torn between showing support for a team I'd enjoy that has a decent chance of being made (Inhumans) or showing love to a box set only I would enjoy (Marvel Robots: the Recorder, a Doombot, Quasimodo and the Super-Adaptoid) to have my heart broken when they announce Excalibur.

Really? An Excalibur set wouldn't make you even a little happy?

Keep in mind that everyone's dream set is someone else's heartbreak – A lot of people would love a Marvel Monsters set, but I'd personally be disappointed. So disappointed that I'd skip it? Probably not. I love Minimates in general, and I'm all about rewarding AFX for taking risks on these wonky but lovable sets.

It sounds like there's going to be a set made one way or another, and, although AFX have been great about doing teams that have a fanbase, but not much mass-market appeal, I think there are going to be some broken hearts. So I say, tell them what you'd like most. Maybe they'll surprise you.

On another note, was it specifically said these sets are limited to Marvel Universe? Could this be an opportunity to solicit Trek/BSG/etc?

So I'm torn between showing support for a team I'd enjoy that has a decent chance of being made (Inhumans) or showing love to a box set only I would enjoy (Marvel Robots: the Recorder, a Doombot, Quasimodo and the Super-Adaptoid) to have my heart broken when they announce Excalibur.

I'd say bring up the Marvel Robots Box Set as a nominee and see what happens on the MMMV poll, Boyd. Why not even suggest it to AFX if a whole lot of people'd vote for it here and we communictae it collectively to AFX.

(OK. Seriously, I do guess chances for that box actually ranks around the Squirrel Girl through the Ages Box Set. :blush: But that's not the point. Right now it's would-like-to-have-time. :) )

On another note, was it specifically said these sets are limited to Marvel Universe? Could this be an opportunity to solicit Trek/BSG/etc?

The text appeared with the headline "Marvel Minimate Exclusives". So I guess, yes.

Oh, I'd enjoy an Excalibur set. If I had to put my love into some sort of numeric scale, it would look like this, probably:

1 - Wolverine Through the Ages Set 2

2 - X-Factor (the 80's version, with Cyclops, Beast, Marvel Girl and Angel)

3 - X-Force (huge shoulderpad Cable version, Cannonball, Shatterstar and Domino)

4 - Nick Fury & the Howling Commandos

5 - X-Factor Multiple Man set (Multiple Man, Multiple Man, Multiple Man and Multiple Man)

6 - Excalibur (Captain Britain, Meggan, Shadowcat and Phoenix)

7 - Marvel Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Zombie and Werewolf by Night)

8 - Inhumans (Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal and Triton)

9 - Great Lakes Avengers (Mr. Immortal! Big Bertha! Doorman! Squirrel Girl!)

10 - Classic Marvel Monsters (Fin Fang Foom! Groot! Tim Bam Bo! Xemnu! )

Edited by boyd

Why not just take the suggestions already mentioned instead of starting to find a way to categorize those in the first place? If you love to have the Inhumans, fine. Just say you want the Inhumans instead of browsing through possible categories and find the one you need to vote for in the first place and after that start voting for the Inhumans anyway. My common sense is tingling here: I think you start to come up with a concrete wish and not with an idea for a category. So why put the cart before the horse and change that natural way of doing things? Is it really that important to have those categories at all?

Yeah this makes sense... Duh. And I did come up with my #1 boxset. As for others:

Anything that will get us the rest of the Brotherhood.

Anything that gets us Black Panther

Anything that gives us more Ultimate characters.