UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine Origins Packing shots and 2 exclusives.

MiniFiend UK

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The packaging looks quite fitting, really. I like it. :)

I can't wait to get that Deadpool!

Silver... Fox...

HALLELUJAH! :woot:

The black window boxes look SHARP! Ironically, I see perhaps a bright future for this wave.

... great, now that's TWO future TRU exclusives I'd have to either admire or procure from afar.

Silver... Fox...

HALLELUJAH! :woot:

I hate to be negative, but I am a bit surprised at the level of excitement here for these figures, particularly these exclusives. A bland-looking Asian guy in a suit and a bland-looking woman in a gray dress, both coming with fairly generic-looking civilian Logan variants (though the "angry" face on the one that comes with Fox is better than the other faces he gets, in my opinion)? I surely hope that others feel the way you guys do and snap these up, but unless the movie absolutely floors me somehow, I think that I will pass on the whole wave.

And TRU is getting TWO of these packs as exclusives?! Those are spots that could have been used for much cooler Minimates :(

Edited by karamazov80

I'm also pretty surprised they have no Gambit. Was there just not enough room to fit him in or is there a chance he'll show up as some other exclusive?

No room? In addition to 7 figures in the regular series, we are getting 4 exclusive TRU figures (11 figures total), and about half of them are Logan variants. If Gambit wasn't one of these, I wouldn't bet on getting him at all. . .but then again, we did get the "Hostile Takeover" set with Iron Man. An AFX set with 2 more civilian Wolvies, Emma Frost and Gambit or something might be a remote possibility. But again, I doubt it very seriously.

I'm also pretty surprised they have no Gambit. Was there just not enough room to fit him in or is there a chance he'll show up as some other exclusive?

No room? In addition to 7 figures in the regular series, we are getting 4 exclusive TRU figures (11 figures total), and about half of them are Logan variants. If Gambit wasn't one of these, I wouldn't bet on getting him at all. . .but then again, we did get the "Hostile Takeover" set with Iron Man. An AFX set with 2 more civilian Wolvies, Emma Frost and Gambit or something might be a remote possibility. But again, I doubt it very seriously.

Don't forget the movie Wolvy through the ages set as seen at Toyfair.

that wasnt a movie set...like the iron man set it is comic based

Jeff of the Miniacs

So how many Wolverines does that make for release this year? 12?

3 with 2 packs, 2 with TRU exclusives, 4 from box set, 1 from Secret Invasion, 1 from the wave with Psylocke, etc., 1 from the "Marvel Heroes" box set. I count 12.

I'm surprised Gambit wasn't in this wave, but I'm just assuming that it's because they wanted to go for more a Weapon X feel.

Then again, that doesn't explain Blob.

Either way, I can live without a Gambit.

I think DST realized that poor Wolvie used to be the most prominent of all Minimate characters, but that this had no longer been the case for a while. So, maybe now they are just making up for lost time. Off-hand, I can't think of any Wolvie being released between the X3 wave and Secret Invasion.

Edited by karamazov80

that wasnt a movie set...like the iron man set it is comic based

Jeff of the Miniacs

But the kid is from the scene in the trailer. :huh:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

But the kid is from the scene in the trailer. :huh:

That's from the comic "Origin" released a few years ago. His early "origins" in the movie are based off of that.

I really recommend that comic, it's one of the very few TPB's that i own (I like to have awesome stories like Watchmen, Origin, Red Son, etc... in TPB form)