UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine Origins Packing shots and 2 exclusives.

MiniFiend UK

Yeah... Weapon XI... Never thought of that. Deadpool as a major enemy? Can't see it. And if he dies at the end I might just punch somebody.

How much you bet that that isn't really Deadpool though? Toys can lie...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh mah gawd.

You know, sometimes people say something like, "Well, if you give a chimpanzee a typewriter, he'll eventually churn out Shakespeare." I think someone put that to the test. This is the result, and Shakespeare it is not. Clearly when there were strange smudges on the script, the editors just chose to interpret the flecks of fecal matter literally.

Clearly when there were strange smudges on the script, the editors just chose to interpret the flecks of fecal matter literally.

....flecks of fecal matter........Deadstool?

edit: I think the analogy is "If you have an infinite number of chimpanzees sat with an infinite number of typewriters typing randomly ,eventually one of the chimps will type a letter asking for somebody to wash the monkey-shit off that 's clogging his keyboard"

Edited by buttheadsmate

Clearly when there were strange smudges on the script, the editors just chose to interpret the flecks of fecal matter literally.

edit: I think the analogy is "If you have an infinite number of chimpanzees sat with an infinite number of typewriters typing randomly ,eventually one of the chimps will type a letter asking for somebody to wash the monkey-shit off that 's clogging his keyboard"

Deadpoo actaully.

Hooray for Marvel Toilets

Gah. I knew it was something like that. Where ever is my brain today.

It's a shame about Turdpool. If they wanted to make this kind of character, why not just use Mimic. I don't think anyone would care. (It's not like there are any Mimic fans, right?) And it would make sense and be an easier pill for fans to swallow. They didn't have to ruin (seemingly) Deadpool.

actually i like mimic, if only that he's from my home town....time to guess marvelites, where in the world is mimic from? first one with the correct answer gets an "official" marvel no-prize

Passaic New Jersey.

Deadpoo actaully.

Hooray for Marvel Toilets

Ha ha ha, I was JUST thinking about this when I read BHM's post! :P

So Deadpool and Baraka-guy are really just two different characters? Please God, let it be so. If that's the case, then it looks like Hasbro Heroes has quite a packaging error to correct.

So Deadpool and Baraka-guy are really just two different characters? Please God, let it be so. If that's the case, then it looks like Hasbro Heroes has quite a packaging error to correct.

According to Wikipedia (trustworth, I know) that the actor playing "Weapon XI" was Reynold's stunt double.

That means 1 of 3 things could be going on:

1-Lazer-Baraka is not Deadpool but Hasbro calls him such since he's played by the same stunt actor, like maybe they were given a stack of reference photos and Scott Adkins name was on some of the Deadpool photos as well as "Weapon XI" so they extrapolated this meant Deadpool *IS* Weapon XI (unlikely since licensing would probably correct them)

2-To avoid the Spoiler this is the secret 'last boss' off the movie they're calling him "Deadpool" since the stunt actor probably kinda looks like Reynolds and has red pants, similar to how Liam Neison's action figure in Batman Begins was called "Ducard" and Ken Watanabe's was "Ra's Al Ghul" up until the movie came out, only then did his figure get reissued as "Ra's Al Ghul" that way they can produce the toy and have it out in time for the movie's release without spoiling everything for the viewers (I bet that's why we haven't seen any designs of a Weapon XI minimate yet)

3-It's Deadpool but Reynold's for whatever reason didn't want to wear the make-up required to be mouthless Lazer-Baraka so his stunt double plays the role, so they get listed as "Weapon XI" and "Deadpool" in cast list but are both in fact the same character. The movie's logic being "well in the comics he got healing factor but wouldn't it make more sense if they gave him ALL the powers?!"

I'm guessing it's either 2 or 3, 2 is the hopeful answer though 3 seems pretty likely.

I just made this pic up for fun in another thread, but it seems a little like it fits here even better. :P

(Sorry for cross-posting.)

Viva La Resistance:

Baraka.jpg

_____

Edit:

This is only something I read on the IMDB boards and thus isn't confirmed, but here's a SPOILER that seems to explain the Deadpool/Baraka makeover.

That might make sense. You could have a fraked up Wade Wilson with all the amalgamed mutant powers fighting the others like crazy, and in the end somehow losing those non-deadpoolish powers and leaving him the usual disfigured and mentally unstable everybody's darling. I see him putting on his regular red-and-black costume after the end credits, saying, "You did expect a cliffhanger at the end of that movie, didn't you?". Now that would be a blast. (Wouldn't it?)

Edited by Bob Harris

Only problem with the IMDB theory: No actual proof. :(

Yet.

Edit: OOH, OOH! This website has an article that compiles much of the buzz surrounding movie Deadpool and tries to settle the Deadpool/Baraka mystery once and for all. It includes the evidence from the trailers, the Hasbro toy packaging and the IMDb rumor I just posted above.

Edited by NorthRaider

Baraka is an experimental movie from 1992 which has nothing to do with this thread. Baraka is also - and that's what we are talking about - a Mortal Combat XYZ character who has some sword like blades tied to his forearms. Just the way this mysteriouse Deadpool mutant in the movie.

;)

_____

Edit:

Edit: OOH, OOH! This website has an article that compiles much of the buzz surrounding movie Deadpool and tries to settle the Deadpool/Baraka mystery once and for all. It includes the evidence from the trailers, the Hasbro toy packaging and the IMDb rumor I just posted above.

I think that is a pretty good suggestion - it's not that different from my idea posted above, just more precisely on how the final battle might evolve. And since Deadpool has a "holographic image inducer" Reynolds would still be able to play Wilson in a possible spin-off, sequel or whatever. Anyway, these theories lead us to two possibilities: 1) it's somehow like we stated and Deadpool becomes the guy we do know as Deadpool, he is "destroyed" in the final battle and gets up again as the horribly scarred wisecracker and we'll see him again on the big screen. Or 2), he's killed. End of the story. No more Deadpool. File under: Fox, you major league blew it!

Edited by Bob Harris

• 2 weeks later...

There is good news/bad news about the upcoming movie Deadpool

Ryan Reynolds says in various interviews that he doesn't really feel that he got to play Deadpool, but instead Wade Wilson. He also says he and FOX have different ideas who Deadpool is in the movie. Reynold's quote:

"I consider him to be what Deadpool becomes. Or the thing Deadpool came from. It doesn't carry on past that."

While it's a bummer that the comic Deadpool doesn't really appear, it also means that a more comic-accurate Deadpool could appear in future installments. So the character isn't completely lost.

You can read the interviews here:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/ryan-reyn...s-deadpool-6367

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/inte...id/11252/tcid/1

Edited by Joe Hill

So the new Q&A says these will be shipping soon(hopefully end of March or by mid April). Wave 24 hit TRU before comics stores and online retailers. Though I was at my local TRU and there was no room for mates(Hasbro action figures and hero squad everywhere :( )

well this scene in the trailer here shows wolvie vs "Baraka Deadpool"

post-976-1237558803_thumb.jpg

but in a different scene it shows the same "Baraka Deadpool" shooting eye beams

post-976-1237558864_thumb.jpg

now wikipedia says that this eye beem shooting "Baraka Deadpool" is not Deadpool but weapon XI???

what the hell is going on..............

Edited by winkerbean