UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine Origins Packing shots and 2 exclusives.

MiniFiend UK

as opposed to the what 19 iron man/tony starks from last year? lol not tryin to start a fight just sayin...

Valid point, but at least most of the Starks were fairly different. The Wolverines are taking the Marty McFly path: Here's Wolverine. Here he is in a muscle shirt. Here he is with no shirt. Here he is with bone claws. Etc. At least with all the Iron Men, you get some variations on his armor.

Not to mention the myriad of Wolverines we've gotten over the entire run of Marvel 'Mates. We didn't really get much in the way of Iron Man until recently.

Don't get me wrong, we've probably gotten too much of both of them, though. I just hope this Wolverine movie is good so I feel more justified in getting these 'Mates.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as opposed to the what 19 iron man/tony starks from last year? lol not tryin to start a fight just sayin...

Valid point, but at least most of the Starks were fairly different. The Wolverines are taking the Marty McFly path: Here's Wolverine. Here he is in a muscle shirt. Here he is with no shirt. Here he is with bone claws. Etc. At least with all the Iron Men, you get some variations on his armor.

Not to mention the myriad of Wolverines we've gotten over the entire run of Marvel 'Mates. We didn't really get much in the way of Iron Man until recently.

Don't get me wrong, we've probably gotten too much of both of them, though. I just hope this Wolverine movie is good so I feel more justified in getting these 'Mates.

I do agree that the iron men are different, no doubts there....but to me, an non iron man fan, there just seemed to be a lot of them....and while these wolvys all do look generally the same to those who are fans of him and x-men comics there are a lot of looks that he has gone through and its nice to have them made as well....the same goes for Iron Man...he has had a ton of looks so its nice to get more of them, like the three on tap so far for this year

Jeff of the Miniacs

I think the difference though is that when IM has a new look, it's a totally different suit of armor. A lot of the new Wolverine stuff is the same look, just a different shirt or facial expression. I'm not saying they're overdoing Wolverine, I'm just saying it makes more sense to make more Iron Man figures.

If having a bunch of Wolverines sells more Minimates so that they can continue the line to release new figures, I'm all for it. We all like to complain about the same 3-5 characters being re-made, but that is what has sold enough to keep this going so we can see characters like Red Skull and Gambit. And if it's worked until now, I bet they will continue.

I don't point this rant at anybody right now, I just felt like organizing my thoughts on the subject into words. Next time, I'll organize them into a ballad.

Edited by groundhog7s

I could squeeze another 4-pack out of the movie:

- Gambit

- "Final Battle" Deadpool

- battle-damaged Wolverine

- battle-damaged Sabretooth

Because it's not a movie wave without battle damaged versions of the lead characters.

Edited by boyd

- Gambit

Because it's not a movie wave without battle damaged versions of the lead characters.

thats actually a good call B.....never mind the fact that after 20+ waves and exclusives there isnt a battle damaged wolvy yet

Jeff of the Miniacs

- Gambit

thats actually a good call B.....never mind the fact that after 20+ waves and exclusives there isnt a battle damaged wolvy yet

Jeff of the Miniacs

Zombie Wolvy. And my mind was battle damaged too after I saw him. :(

- Gambit

Wrong! The actual four-pack lineup is:

– Battle-damaged Logan

– Battle-damaged Sabretooth

– Flannel Shirt Logan

– Dripping wet, just-got-injected-with-adamantium Logan

- Gambit

Plus maybe Emma Frost and young Cyclops. There are still options for a box set (I hope).

They can't do a battle-damaged Wolvie, because he heals too quickly! :P

Okay, lame joke. I really hope I enjoy this movie, because I'm starting to like the look of these Mates. But if the film blows, there's no way I'll buy the toys - that's my credo.

They can't do a battle-damaged Wolvie, because he heals too quickly! :P

I think that this is an ideal opportunity for some Promotional Wolverine Minimates:

1. The Timberland Boots Well-Healed Wolverine

2. Red Cross Wolverine (who'd do a Red Cross Minimate?)

3. Nails R Us Logan

4. Band Aid Recovered Wolverine II

5. Who's afraid of the big bad Wolverine!

6. "It's the Wool-uf " ,it's the Wool-uf" Wool-uf -erine

7. Broken-Nail Wolvie.

Obviously none of these would be MIB ....for long! :ermm:

Yay!! I was actually rigth about something!! Cool!! Shame that the whole wave isn't going to be in TRU, but this means that i can extras of Foxy and man-in-suit (lol, Reba quote ;) )!! I gotta say though, that wolvie packed with Zero is really unneeded. I'd have much rather have gotten Gambit or "Baraka" Deadpool ;). I suppose this is to mean that he won't that big a role after all?? :( I mean, we got the full cast, minus Hogan and SHIELD dude, from IM in their wave, and this has like 11 figures and we're short quite a few. that sucks.

I was alwasy excited for this wave becasue i love the Movie waves and they just looked like fun, but this is just icing on the cake. Still want Emma and Remy in a boxset though. :P

Still no effing Gambit?!

Other than Blob and maybe a Sabretooth I'm gonna avoid this wave like the plague. Ok I get that Wolverine is recognisable but come on!

There is only one good Wolvie coming out this year and thats the updated Classic costume. Their milking this movie so far!

Ok the Iron Man Movie wave had a version of Stark/Iron Man in each box, but they were completely different. Here we have civilian wolvie, another civvie wolvie, another civvie wolvie etc.

If I want toys with a wardrobe I'll buy bloody Barbie dolls!

Not impressed!

*end of rant*

So how many Wolverines does that make for release this year? 12?

3 with 2 packs, 2 with TRU exclusives, 4 from box set, 1 from Secret Invasion, 1 from the wave with Psylocke, etc., 1 from the "Marvel Heroes" box set. I count 12.

And you know what the sad thing is? Half of them are in one wave! ONE...FUCKING...WAVE! I'm sorry, but that's too much. Add to that we get a whole Wolverine boxset, a Marvel "Heroes" boxset, and the Psylocke wave, and, well, wow. Year of the Minimates? !t's the year of Wolverine!

Ok, calm yourself...

!t's the year of Wolverine!

It's been the year of Wolverine for FAR TOO LONG. And i don't just mean minimates, either. I, personally, HATE Logan with a passion; i can't express any care for a Canadian with the power to open cans and save money on Band-aids. :angry:

I especially hate the hype over him, though. He wasn't even a core X-Man; Scott Summers, whom i love so much, deserves the fame that friggin Wolverine gets. Hell, Logan has at least 3 independent series, appears in almost every team in one way, shape, or form, and is getting his own spin-off movie!! I mean, he just isn't that awsome and doesn't deserve the fame he's gotten. I want to see a Core X-Man in the Big 5 of Marvel, not a crazy Canuck.

Rant over.

The minimates i will be buying, however, because they look awsome, i love moviemates in all ways, and the movie itself looks to be very actiony and gory, and the videogame even more. Was anyone there at the exclusive 30-min demo of it at NYCC?? I was, and that is one INTENSE, violent, gory game!! So much better than the movie looks, i must say. That, however, is the main reason i'll be buying these; when i'm not playing it, i'll be reanacting it. Now i just need army-building militarymen to kill. :P

Agent Zero over Gambit?! It makes no sense. Wife beater Logan looks nice though. Just a shame I won't be able to get my hands on them at TRU here in Canada. Bah! :angry:

Well - in fairness, we haven't seen the film yet. Gambit may be a short cameo, while Agent Zero may turn out to be a major player.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love a gambit Movie 'Mate, but i can understand why they might be holding back on him if he's not in the film very much. I imagine it's the same reason we aren't seeing a 'Captive Emma Frost' 'Mate.

edit: Sorry - just read TTF's post 'I gotta say though, that wolvie packed with Zero is really unneeded. I'd have much rather have gotten Gambit or "Baraka" Deadpool . I suppose this is to mean that he won't that big a role after all??' should have read the whole thread first. my bad.

Also: I'm with you Two-Face in your latest rant. I was in heaven last year when Wolverine wasn't in the monthly X-Men OR Uncanny X-Men titles. It gave the other characters a well deserved chance to shine. It's called X-Men . . . not short, hairy canucks with agression issues. I get that he's popular, and i'm happy he's a a part of the marvel universe. I'm just sick of him being the centre of it.

Edited by Nessex

Also: I'm with you Two-Face in your latest rant. I was in heaven last year when Wolverine wasn't in the monthly X-Men OR Uncanny X-Men titles. It gave the other characters a well deserved chance to shine. It's called X-Men . . . not short, hairy canucks with aggression issues. I get that he's popular, and i'm happy he's a a part of the marvel universe. I'm just sick of him being the centre of it.

Bah! Fie on you both, Logan-haters.

I'm super excited for this year, I can't wait for the flood of Wolverine stuff. It'll be a surge of Logan stuff I haven't seen since I was a lad. It'll take me back.

And don't forget, dedicated Cyke fan, that Cyclops is involved in this upcoming flick. Not a lead, but he's there for more optic-blastification. I like him, too, but it's hard for him to seem as cool as a samurai badass who cuts people up with his knife hands...laser eyes vs. knife hands. Well, when I put it that way, "laser eyes" sounds cooler...but I still like Mr.Howlett a bit better. It depends though, because I do like Cyclops recent costume , the one that blends a few of his looks and has the cap.

Sorry for ranting, I'm tired. back to the point.

I'm getting this whole wave... twice, most likely. I like minimates based on real people, because I think that they make good new faces for comic minimates, giving them a neat blended look. So i'm getting one set for keepsies, and one for choppin' up.

Yay!! I was actually rigth about something!! Cool!! Shame that the whole wave isn't going to be in TRU, but this means that i can extras of Foxy and man-in-suit (lol, Reba quote ;) )!! I gotta say though, that wolvie packed with Zero is really unneeded. I'd have much rather have gotten Gambit or "Baraka" Deadpool ;). I suppose this is to mean that he won't that big a role after all?? :( I mean, we got the full cast, minus Hogan and SHIELD dude, from IM in their wave, and this has like 11 figures and we're short quite a few. that sucks.

I was alwasy excited for this wave becasue i love the Movie waves and they just looked like fun, but this is just icing on the cake. Still want Emma and Remy in a boxset though. :P

Yeah, this sucks that we don't have Gambit, Cyclops, or Emma confirmed.

On the other hand, we got almost all of the cast of Iron Man because it was such a small cast. Iron Man, Rhodes, Pepper Potts, Iron Monger, and Raza are the only characters we got for the movie, right? DST should have deviated from the "main hero/supporting character" fomat they used in the Iron Man packs to accomodate for the larger cast in Wolverine's movie.

And don't forget, dedicated Cyke fan, that Cyclops is involved in this upcoming flick. Not a lead, but he's there for more optic-blastification. I like him, too, but it's hard for him to seem as cool as a samurai badass who cuts people up with his knife hands...laser eyes vs. knife hands. Well, when I put it that way, "laser eyes" sounds cooler...but I still like Mr.Howlett a bit better. It depends though, because I do like Cyclops recent costume , the one that blends a few of his looks and has the cap.

It is refreshing to know another person that likes both Cyclops AND Wolverine. For some reason, most X-Fans think they have to choose one over another. I personally identify with Cyclops just a bit more. I think what I like most about Cyclops is that he is a strong, smart leader and strategist... and it has nothing to do with his powers. Sure his optic blasts are handy, but they are not as useful compared to a lot of other mutant powers. In a way, Cyclops is a strong X-Men because of his own human abilities, and not his mutant powers. I think that is cool. I like Wolverine because of his loyalty to his team, in spite his animal instincts and muddled history making him feel like a loner. Plus his fighting abilities and willingness to do anything for his team is impressive.

BUT, I don't mind seeing a lot of Wolverine, if he sells, and keeps the Marvel Minimate line afloat, then he is okay in my eyes.

I am a fan of all of the 70s-mid 80s X-Men, and was very disappointed that the X-Men movies gave the shaft to Cyclops the way that they did. He is a great character, and I wish that the movies did more than reducing him to a one-dimensional bit part. In fact, this is part of what annoyed me about the Wolverine movie when announced--the X-Men movies were essentially "Wolverine and Friends" as they stood, but. . .whatever. He is more popular than everybody else, so that dictates these decisions, I guess.