UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Panel Highlights

The vehicle thing seems really strange, given that BSG seemed dead in a de facto sense, up until this glimmer of hope.

Didn't Chick say they were looking at different ways to promote these at Toy Fair? Could this be what he meant? I remember getting all of my C3 sets at retail stores-maybe it would help get BSG into TRU (at least long enough to get a few more out). And then they'd go on clearance and be discountinued (like C3).

And speaking of vehicles, wouldn't a shuttlecraft or engineering sets be cool for TNG?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, i'm sorry guys, i did forget, they did say bsg is not dead, chuck actually said that he tries to keep lines alive as long as he can. as of today the only lines that were on hold that are dead are ghost rider, only because the licenses expired

So there's still a chance that Street Fighter could return? :D

oh, i'm sorry guys, i did forget, they did say bsg is not dead, chuck actually said that he tries to keep lines alive as long as he can. as of today the only lines that were on hold that are dead are ghost rider, only because the licenses expired

So there's still a chance that Street Fighter could return? :D

If that's possible then... Totally Awesome! :biggrin:

It's also good to hear the BSG isn't dead too.

Vechicals will be cool, hope to see them in TRU stores.

Long Live the Galactica!! So Say We All!! :buttrock:

Great news, but i have a tiny question:

Does DST offer a "store" part of their little panel, and, if so, can anyone share anything could they have to sell?? I remember something about a register, but...

Yeah they do.

When i went last year toWWC, they had a bunch of BSG and Star Trek (minimates and action figures), all kinds of busts and statues (including the Minimates Max Statues) and a ton of marvel select.

Edited by the punisher=D

o, almost forgot i saw the villians boxset, and i could see magnetos helmet in the box, yes boys and girls, there is a helmet, and from what i can tell, the goblins hat is molded to the head, so we might and i say might have an osborn head underneath

YeHAHA!

I think I've just decided that I will use a new "Official" Magneto (I call the mates that I use in everyday play "official" and the ones that are not used are "Others." So this may be the Magneto that I use everyday now instead of the old one.)

Did I miss it, or has the Minimate given away at the panel still not been revealed?

Dammit, I was at NYCC yesterday, but for some reason I assumed that the panel was going to be today (Saturday).

They had the Spirit comics mates on display as well. They look awesome.

Godfather is probably not a bad choice at all, though I'm not thrilled by them.

And I really cannot figure out what this

Back with street fighter mates were to be made less sexy as per capcom

means. The syntax is pretty messed up, but if I understand this correctly did Capcom discontinue the SF2 mates because they were too sexy or ARE THEY BRINGING THEM BACK (only less sexy)?

I think the "back with" is the confusing part of that as it seems like people are reading it as "Back With More..." not "Back When We Worked With..."

It seems to be saying "Back when we worked on Street Fighter Mini-mates Capcom wanted us to make them less sexy" probably refering to stuff like the amount of cleavage Morgan could show and maybe Chun-Li's face since he lips aren't as pursed as most mini-mates nor her eyes as sparkley (I wouldn't be surprised if it related to the unreleased Felicia too... although if they had to be less sexy why is Mini-mate Dan wearing less clothes then in game Dan?!?)

DST, listen very, very carefully. I, nor any of my IRL friends, will have anything to do with Godfather mates. Not only will I not buy them, but I will activly dissuade people I meet from buying them. I hate that movie that much. And if you choose to continue down this path, please only do a box set. An entire 7 character wave is a death trap! You will die! Here, I have this nifty diagram to help.

post-51-1234070886_thumb.jpg

As far as everything else goes? AWESOME!

And I really cannot figure out what this

Back with street fighter mates were to be made less sexy as per capcom

means. The syntax is pretty messed up, but if I understand this correctly did Capcom discontinue the SF2 mates because they were too sexy or ARE THEY BRINGING THEM BACK (only less sexy)?

I think the "back with" is the confusing part of that as it seems like people are reading it as "Back With More..." not "Back When We Worked With..."

It seems to be saying "Back when we worked on Street Fighter Mini-mates Capcom wanted us to make them less sexy" probably refering to stuff like the amount of cleavage Morgan could show and maybe Chun-Li's face since he lips aren't as pursed as most mini-mates nor her eyes as sparkley (I wouldn't be surprised if it related to the unreleased Felicia too... although if they had to be less sexy why is Mini-mate Dan wearing less clothes then in game Dan?!?)

yes, dr. that is what i was trying to say, unfortunately trying to type on an iphone while keeping up with the panel was difficult and i couldn't worry about grammar at the time, so i relied on note-taking shorthand with the intention of clearing things up later

wow, dinobot, that much, i think godfather is one of the best movies ever made, i'm shock you hate it that much, personally, i'm looking forward to the family, lol

DST, listen very, very carefully. I, nor any of my IRL friends, will have anything to do with Godfather mates. Not only will I not buy them, but I will activly dissuade people I meet from buying them. I hate that movie that much.

Would you say that it insists upon itself?

DC wanted 2.5 digger didn't want that mates are mates no scale

Build a figures are our still count as 8 inches over license limits

Mates maybe down the road of extra pieces to make an extra mate or no

bigger than 2.5

variants only at specialty shops

MinimateEspo25 could you expand on these a bit...

What all was said about the DC Minimates? Any chance we will see more made?

Is DST thinking about doing a Minimate BAF?

No variants at TRU?

And was there any mention of a second Platoon set? What up comming Minimate series or sets were shown at ToyFair?

Thanks!

Edited by hypno

DST, listen very, very carefully. I, nor any of my IRL friends, will have anything to do with Godfather mates. Not only will I not buy them, but I will activly dissuade people I meet from buying them. I hate that movie that much.

Rather a bold statement for perhaps the best movie trilogy ever made, i mean how many times do they do a top 100 movies? and how many times are the godfater movies in the top 10 Ever!

Example 1

DST are not stupid, they will have done their research on these, like they did with DSS, I can see this as a great set, like the platoon set as well, just waiting for the promo shots so i can start making Brando a desk to sit behind!

****EDIT****

What about Goodfellas MiniMates as well???

Henry Hill FTW

Edited by andymini30

No variants at TRU?

I'm 90% sure I know what this means: The variants will be released to comic shops only, like the recent Spider-Man wave. Tarantula was only at the comic shops not TRU. SO none of the waves released at TRU will have the variants in them.

DC wanted 2.5 digger didn't want that mates are mates no scale

What all was said about the DC Minimates? Any chance we will see more made?

DCD Minimates are still dead. The quote above meant that when DCD wanted the minimates to be different heights (i.e. Ares & Killer Cros 2.5 inches, everyone else 2 inches), Digger was actually against it. Digger originally designed minimates and he intended for them all to be the same height. Minimates weren't meant to have different scales like regular action figures.

Build a figures are our still count as 8 inches over license limits

Mates maybe down the road of extra pieces to make an extra mate or no

bigger than 2.5

Is DST thinking about doing a Minimate BAF?

DST can't make Marvel BAF minimates because when fully assembled they would violate the 2-inch clause (since they'd be huge). They are however open to including additional parts with a minimate for you to assemble a completely different character PROVIDED the extra parts aren't built on a bigger scale... am I making sense?

variants only at specialty shops

No variants at TRU?

Nope.

Sorry about earlier guys. I had a rather long and arduous day yesterday, came home to check my email, saw that NYCC had happened, saw the announcement about Godfather mates and flipped out. I just can't stand the movie, but that was no reason to take it out on DST or yall.

Still, I strongly believe that several full waves are a mistake. 2 Box sets might do better if you ask me. Which you didn't. Shutting up now.