UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Ghostbuster Pics

Ok, So I drove a half hour to get to a TRU outside of town, and on the way I called another TRU outside of town to see what they got in their truck yesterday. They confirmed marvel mates AND GHOSTBUSTERS. So I quickly changed course and proceeded to get there.

They had four of the five GB sets and 2 extras, so sombody had gone to town on these already. I really wanted the Washington Square Ghost set, because that is a damn fine looking ghost, but they didnt have it. I'll tell my marvel part of the story in the Marvel forum, but for now I'll show some pics of what I picked up.

100_0661.jpg

100_0668.jpg

I didn't realize it at first, but this is the same Egon from the boxset, I examined him and he had nothing new to show off, so I left him in the blister.

100_0664.jpg

The Library Ghost is fantastic, and makes up for me missing the Washington Square one. My camera was dying so I didnt pull out the book, but she has hands big enough to hold it.

100_0666.jpg

100_0669.jpg

Winston is pretty neat.

100_0670.jpg

Winston here has a nice tampo of the GB 2 ghost logo, and unlike Peter and Egon from the boxset, he doesnt have anything clipped to his belt, or even a peg to clip something there if you wanted.

100_0671.jpg

100_0673.jpg

I almost put this set back when I picked it up, b/c there appeared to be a white scuffed mark on Stay Puft's head, but after looking at it, i saw the rest of his body had similar marks and the prototype pictured on the back of the box was also this way. I think they were trying to show that he was the white stay puft, and he was transitioning into the full red before blowing creamy goo on Ray.

100_0674.jpg

100_0675.jpg

Also, Ray here is like winston (except white), and doesnt have a clip on his belt or extra accessory like Egon and Peter. He is a straight white blank with little tampo's strewn about his figure.

100_0677.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0681.jpg

It seems these guys had something to do with Stay Puft appearing so quickly...

100_0683.jpg

Yup, I think A.I.M. is on Gozer's speed dial. I also reccomend NOT putting A.I.M masks on other mates, or any of the new slipcover masks for that matter. Mine have all been very tight and hard to remove.

100_0684.jpg

100_0686.jpg

I see what people meant about Slimer's stand. As soon as I opened him, it was very distracting that the stand wasn't clear like the proto's. Furthermore, I could not remove the stand from the torso, and I did try. I also could not remove the head from the slimer suit.

100_0687.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0691.jpg

And finally, and most unfortunate, the awesome tampo of all the food slimer ate is gone.

100_0692.jpg

Overall I am pleased, but I would be more pleased if I wasn't teased with awesome tampo's and then have them snatched away. I would also be more happy if I had more shelves set up, but I have to wait till after sdcc.

Let the discussion begin!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess it's confirmed then: TRU Terror Dog doesn't seem to have Louis underneath.

Consider it confirmed. Its just a black blank with four legs, no extra arms, hands, or feet.

So, can we put the terror dog pieces on another mate? Say the one wearing the shiny dress?

F**** Awesome, I love'em. :) Guess I'll have to camp out at TRU nowadays. Thought that was over. TRU has been horrible to me, there are very little of them and some too far to drive and strike out every week for nothing. We'll see.

Well, mine are "Sold Out," or as i like to put it "Not in Stock...yet." No surprise, but at least they were in the system. Not getting them in Friday, but she sadi check next week's truck, which is what i was assuming since i get mates (usually) 1-2 weeks after they're posted here...except Bullseye and Moonstone. :angry:

This is kinda a bonus though; more money today for comics and possibly the boxset!!! :lol:

Oh yea, and anyone really wish that Stay Puft was more orange than the fiery red he ended up being?? I think the design looked a lot better than the final (the final is still great; don't get me wrong) because of the bright orange and the more white parts. Oh well.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I just got all 5 delivered from toysrus.com, in a box, via UPS. Someone (I forget who, but THANKS!) posted lated Saturday night the direct links to each set, and I ordered them Saturday around 10:30 PM. I love the re-use of some of the parts, like the Terror Dog feet on the Washington Square Ghost, and the Sand Serrif dress on Library Ghost. I can see the Library Ghosts hair being used for the least requested minimate ever... the Astonishing Aunt May!

Seriously, these are AWESOME!

It kind of kills me that you ordered these Saturday night and already have them, in one shipment no less, when the sets I preorderd still haven't all arrived and were shipped in four separate packages.

And thanks for the unpackaged pics. These look spiffy.

Edited by Turtle

It kind of kills me that you ordered these Saturday night and already have them, in one shipment no less, when the sets I preorderd still haven't all arrived and were shipped in four separate packages.

Sorry... I just figured it was Minimate Karma for all the empty-handed trips to TRU over the last few weeks.

I stopped by TRU today and the ghostbusters stuff was underneath the Marvel mates. The case had already been picked through. I got the Egon, Courtroom Venkman, and Slimer sets. I'll post pics of the Courtroom Venkman when I get home. I think that Minimates are on the verge of becoming a big thing which is good for DST not so great for the rest of us because instead of racing each other to the store we now have to race many many others as well. Good luck to you all if my TRU restocks I will help any I can.

Sorry... I just figured it was Minimate Karma for all the empty-handed trips to TRU over the last few weeks.

Yay, karma. I should say it is TRU that kills me. I'm glad your haul came in.

I called my TRU as well. Every time I deal with them, it reinforces all my existing feelings about the damn place. These idiots put me on hold for 15 minutes trying to find the item number in the computer, ultimately telling me they don't have any, don't know if a truck came in today, and don't know if one is coming later today (they always tell me that their trucks come in on Wednesdays when I ask). Great.

Edited by karamazov80

I just got all 5 delivered from toysrus.com, in a box, via UPS. Someone (I forget who, but THANKS!) posted lated Saturday night the direct links to each set, and I ordered them Saturday around 10:30 PM. I love the re-use of some of the parts, like the Terror Dog feet on the Washington Square Ghost, and the Sand Serrif dress on Library Ghost. I can see the Library Ghosts hair being used for the least requested minimate ever... the Astonishing Aunt May!

Seriously, these are AWESOME!

Didn't your read the issue of spiderman where Aunt May died in a library after choking on a bag of pork rinds? Do you see the CONNECTION?

Seriously though, having 8 isnt all that great, b/c most of the people on the phone are tards. I used to work at TRU and Im familiar with how their inventory lookup works. They can see any store that has them in stock and how many, as well as their local distributor. They can also see when other stores are supposed to receive stock. Then when I get a person at one store smart enough to tell me what I want to know (like what other locations have/will have soon), I get a tard at the other store thats supposed to have it who doesnt know how to do it and they lie to get me off the phone.

I like the Hunt for mates, or toys in general, but with TRU I may just have to get on the Preorder Pony.

Ok here are pic of the Washington Square Park ghost and Peter Venkman. First up is the ghost. He is translucent yellow but the ones that have the flash on have a cool gold look.

gbmates007.jpg

gbmates008.jpg

gbmates009.jpg

gbmates010.jpg

gbmates0122.jpg

The foot piece is new and at an angle requiring the legs to be bent in order to stand up straight.

gbmates011.jpg

Under the hood is a translucent yellow minimate.

gbmates33002.jpg

The Courtroom Venkman is a good figure. Not having the boxset I was pleasantly surprised by how well the figure is balanced. The Bill Murray likeness is great and of all of this series this is the one I wanted the most so I am glad to have found it. If you would like anymore pictures just ask.

gbmates018.jpg

gbmates014.jpg

gbmates013.jpg