UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predictions for NYCC 2009

Jatta Pake

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the 25th Anniversary of Secret Wars this year. I would not be surprised to see an offering along these lines. We already know Hasbro's MU line is doing a tribute, as is their SHS line. I predict either a Secret Wars wave or box set.

An interesting idea. I would certainly go for a box set with:

-80s Rogue

-Lizard

-new Doc Ock

-new Brown Wolverine (like I said before, you gotta have one in every box set)

other possibilities would be Mohawk Storm, Ms. Marvel, or possibly someone a bit more obscure like Klaw.

This might also make for a nice wave, where you might be able to fit in the Wrecking Crew.

Norman Osborne is the mainstay of 'Dark Reign' & will obviously remain so until he flips.....completely. Dark Reign is very dark & Osborne's character is extremely chilling & threatening. I cannot perceive that we won't have Norman somewhere in our collections soon whether it is announced soon or not.

It's the 25th Anniversary of Secret Wars this year. I would not be surprised to see an offering along these lines. We already know Hasbro's MU line is doing a tribute, as is their SHS line. I predict either a Secret Wars wave or box set.

An interesting idea. I would certainly go for a box set with:

-80s Rogue

-Lizard

-new Doc Ock

-new Brown Wolverine (like I said before, you gotta have one in every box set)

other possibilities would be Mohawk Storm, Ms. Marvel, or possibly someone a bit more obscure like Klaw.

This might also make for a nice wave, where you might be able to fit in the Wrecking Crew.

Great ideas, karamazov. I would LOVE a new Doc Ock with longer, bendable tentacles. And I'm on board for an 80s Rogue. I could totally see them anchor this with a new Brown Wolvie too.

Other possibilities: Molecule Man (played a big part actually), Enchantress, Volcana, Titania, Kang, a SW Doom Version, a new Colossus, Human Torch "Supernova" Version, Jim Rhodes Classic Iron Man, 80s Legwarmers She-Hulk, Wasp variant

As for the Beyonder, ha, yeah. Jheri curl for sure. Hysterical. I know he didn't sport this until SWII, but did he ever have a form in the first series at all?

Going purely on wishes, I am predicting an Excalibur set with:

-Captain Britain

-Shadowcat w/blue mask

-Nightcrawler (I love the old figure, but he deserves an update)

-Rachel/Phoenix (the "Thunderbird" of this set)

sorry Meggan, but someone had to be left out :(

Unfortunately, this set will never be made without substituting a Hulk, Spidey, or Wolverine somewhere, but I can dream. . .

A dream i share with you *cue whimsical uplifting music*

We've had box sets with 5 & 6 characters in the past. As long as we're dreaming, why not dream a spot for Megan too. (As well as Widget & Lockheed as accessories)

Going purely on wishes, I am predicting an Excalibur set with:

-Captain Britain

-Shadowcat w/blue mask

-Nightcrawler (I love the old figure, but he deserves an update)

-Rachel/Phoenix (the "Thunderbird" of this set)

sorry Meggan, but someone had to be left out :(

Unfortunately, this set will never be made without substituting a Hulk, Spidey, or Wolverine somewhere, but I can dream. . .

I'd have been all over this up until the current re-launch of Captain Britain . I continue to persevere with this anachronistic embarrassing drivel & this evening read issue 9 ......Meggan .... next issue Dracula. Things'll be fine though 'cause Blade is now on board with MI13 :rolleyes: . Absolute trash & it beggars belief that my least-favourite Marvel Comic is Captain Britain whilst Captain America continues to impress.

A Dark Avengers box set may not be as hard to make as you may think.

Don't forget that the tampo for Osborne is already complete from the scrapped Target wave, so getting a Norman might not be as difficult as it seems. If they did Director Norman, then just re-use any suit mold that's sitting around, maybe with some new colors. If they do Iron Patriot, then it's just a re-coloring of existing Iron Man molds.

A new brown-suited Wolverine wouldn't be out of place, since there have been a lot of new parts made since Gaijin Wolvie came out. Theoretically, Hawkbullseye would be almost identical to the previous release, just with a new head. Sentry could be a direct re-release. Neither Ms. Marvel-Moonstone nor Capt. NohMarvel would require no new molds. The only one that would need new stuff would be Ares, which is why I'm betting he wouldn't be in the set (though he's the one I'd most want).

Even so, I don't know that we're getting anything with Dark Reign. There just hasn't been enough stuff come out in that storyline yet. But if there is something, I think that The Hood has the best shot at being the dark horse in a box set, like Nitro was in the Civil War box set.

Of course, they could pull a Secret Invasion and use it as an excuse to get some much-wanted figures out that were only tangentially related to the series. How else would we get an old-style Beast or Phoenix? Much less JEWEL??!?!?

Meh, what do I know? If I had to make a themed box set, it'd be Norman, Emma, Hood, and lady Loki. There. I'll make that my prediction.

From DST:

Special New York Comic Con Panels

While enjoying New York Comic Con, also be sure to attend our special 2009: The Year of the Minimate Panel and Q&A! This special panel will be held on Friday in Room 1A17 from 1:00-2:00 PM. DSTChuck, Project Manager Robert Yee and special Minimate artists will be on hand to answer your questions, listen to your requests and showcase future Minimate licenses and designs! Plus be sure to check out DSTChuck's appearance on the Mego: Past, Present and Future panel, held on Saturday, February 7th at 2:45 PM in Room 1A18.

After the movie Iron Man minimate, I'd be awfully disappointed if an Iron Patriot (or Extremis Iron Man) didn't use a new sculpt. Sentry would also need a new hairpiece.

Ha ha, well, to make his new, girly flowing locks, they can just re-use Emma Frost's hair from the X-Men box set.

After the movie Iron Man minimate, I'd be awfully disappointed if an Iron Patriot (or Extremis Iron Man) didn't use a new sculpt. Sentry would also need a new hairpiece.

Ha ha, well, to make his new, girly flowing locks, they can just re-use Emma Frost's hair from the X-Men box set.

I dunno, I think the movie Mary Jane Potts hairpiece might work too... then again I think that piece will work with ANYBODY.

I'm hoping for a young Avengers box set

Hawkeye II

The Patriot

Wiccan

Hulkling

We already have the chase Vision that can work and just put Ms. Marvels head on ant man / giant man for Stature

having not read dark avengers yet (but read the lead ups) This would also be a great choice but as far as I can see DST only do Box sets of 4 and the Dark avengers are 7? (hope thats right) so does this mean 2 boxed sets?? doubtfull so i'll just wait to find out what you guys post t'morro

Have fun

the first issue of Dark Avengers was good, but i don't see any reason to release a box set for it right away. there are so many other characters i would prefer over bad guys in Avengers costumes... Maybe and Iron Patriot and an Ares would be cool, but i don't really want anyone else on the team....

would love a Young Avengers set, though!

Edited by CortherX

I'm hoping for a young Avengers box set

Hawkeye II

The Patriot

Wiccan

Hulkling

We already have the chase Vision that can work and just put Ms. Marvels head on ant man / giant man for Stature

having not read dark avengers yet (but read the lead ups) This would also be a great choice but as far as I can see DST only do Box sets of 4 and the Dark avengers are 7? (hope thats right) so does this mean 2 boxed sets?? doubtfull so i'll just wait to find out what you guys post t'morro

Have fun

While there are 7, there woulnd't need to be 7 minimates...technically. We already have Sentry (whilst with short hair), black Spidey, and a Daken Wolvie is a neasy quick-fix. That leaves MoonsMarvel, HawksBullseye, Marvel Boy, Ares and Iron Patriot. Do a box set of 5 and we're good in my book.

So, today was the "day of the year of the Minimate!!" Anyone have anything to share (refering to when people get home. Is this over yet??) And don't spoil any prototypes, pweese. Going Sunday and want to be suprised. ;)

Here's a pic of Marvel wave 25, a pic of Marvel Heroes & Villains, and a pic of Marvel wave 26.

Enjoy!

P.S: Poor Red Skull is a parapalegic.

P.P.S: If you look to the right of the Marvel Heroes boxed set, you can see the T2 mates on display. Looks like John Connor will come with his backpack.

P.P.P.S: Looks as if Blob no longer has his Slurpee accessory. I sure hope it's included with the final item.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Ooh, ooh! If you look around the corner of the Marvel Heroes/Villains pics, you can see the Terminator 2 protos!

Nice find guys :)

(So I take it we won't see *wave 27* and news of other future waves until SDCC?)

Ooh, ooh! If you look around the corner of the Marvel Heroes/Villains pics, you can see the Terminator 2 protos!

Nice find guys :)

(So I take it we won't see *wave 27* and news of other future waves until SDCC?)

Toy fair is next weekend

Jeff of the Miniacs