UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predictions for NYCC 2009

Jatta Pake

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

godfather..seriously? an even worse idea than DSS.

overall, bummed more news didnt come out.

hopefully toyfair will have some new stuff

moc847

I know, I mean come on! Godfather!? Isn't there any other good license for them to choose.

That's why I often wonder who are they marketing their stuff too.

Otherwise I too hope too hear of more news in the upcoming ToyFair.

man such godfather hate, i dunno guys, i see these hitting the movie fans to give them a look. believe me, the godfather fans will buy anything with brando on it

I agree. The DSS stuff was a sellout, even though the 'core Minimate fan wanted to give them a pass. I see these being big to the fans of the movies and maybe springboarding them into the rest of the Minimate universe.

I absolutely slammed the idea of DSS Mates until I actually saw them & then had to eat a sizable piece of humble-pie. They are class. I do wonder however how many were produced & my guess is ,very few, hence the apparent sell-out status.

There are 'sell-outs' & 'big-sellers' but they do not necessarily indicate profitable lines. As a completist collector of Minimates I love these off-the-wall licenses but I just hope that for the long-term viability of Minimates they don't jeopardise other more profitable lines.