UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is UP, DST?! What is this, Phase 3 of your evil plan to make us all dirt-poor?!

Kidding... you guys rock! *sigh* Yet another new wave to drive me to bankruptcy. (Not helped by the fact that I'm a huge fan of T2. Musy have pre-teen John Connor!)

IMO though, reading the words "T-2: Wave 1" isn't exactly that reassuring... this could possibly turn into a repeat of the SM3 waves.

Perhaps it'd be a whole lot less strenuous for DST if they based a whole line on the Terminator franchise collectively rather than on the T2 movie alone. That way, rather than them having to come up with more and more obscure characters/variants from that one film, they can instead release wave after wave based on (variously) Terminator, T2, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Terminator: Salvation (though we already have single packs of these) and maybe even T3 (though I'd probably buy just the TX from that wave :rolleyes:).

Or maybe this is already what DST is planning on doing? *runaway optimism alert*

Well, Raider, they have Kyle Reece on there, from T1, and General John Connor from T4 in the cases, so I think that's what they're doing. They're just using the T2 title because that movie was immensely popular. (I actually liked T1 best myself)

Holy Crap. You think they're gona do like Playmates and do a BAF, like an HK? That'd be INSANE. Split it into 4 pieces. Oh man, I'm drooling. Dangnabbit.

Nice wave. Although, I think it would make more sense to put the T-800 with John Connor and the Terminator with the endoskeleton and Kyle Reese group. (Will Reese have any accessories?)

I really like the rolled-up sleeve piece that JohnConnor is getting. I also like his boots.

The T-1000 looks nice. That's got to be that unique sculpt that was hinted at in the AA blog. (I would have preferred X-files.)

General John Connor from T4

I could be wrong,but I think that is John Connor as he appears in the "flash forward" in T2. The figure doesn't look much like Bale to me. If true, the only purely non-T2 figure shown so far is the variant. I posted this in the other thread, but I am psyched to see Reese as he appeared in T1. Here's hoping the variant for "wave 2" is this. And here is also hoping that Ahnold doesn't get his panties in a bunch about likeness issues, as seems to have happened with the Hot Toys "Dutch" figure, which is currently on hold.

The T-1000 looks nice. That's got to be that unique sculpt that was hinted at in the AA blog. (I would have preferred X-files.)

The T-1000 actually looks like one of the funniest minimates I've ever seen. Not that I hate it though... I just never would've imagined we'd be getting actual Minimate Abstract Art. :D

Is it just me or does Kyle Reese look like a dead-ringer for Dylan McDermott?

The T-1000 actually looks like one of the funniest minimates I've ever seen. Not that I hate it though... I just never would've imagined we'd be getting actual Minimate Abstract Art. :D

It seems like Minimates are getting more and more like Kubricks, in that they aren't afraid to move away from the "basic template" if it suits the character. I think it is OK to do that, though. Otherwise, how would we get this in Minimate form?

It seems like Minimates are getting more and more like Kubricks, in that they aren't afraid to move away from the "basic template" if it suits the character. I think it is OK to do that, though. Otherwise, how would we get this in Minimate form?

He he, Minimate "innovations" are all well and good in my book. I was just commenting that the T-1000 looked "ha ha comedy" funny, not "eh weird-looking I don't like it" funny.

Holy smokes, is that Kubrick alien wearing heels?! :blink:

Yep, I called it. I love how it turned out, especially Robert Patrick's WTF face. Still, there is definitely a need for them to do a non-melty T-1000, perhaps with swappable silvery hook and blade hands.

Looks like Kyle Reese is based on his appearance in the T2 deleted scene, but that's virtually identical to his T1 costume. I hope they can work in other T1 characters, like the trenchcoat-wearing T-800. Waitress Sarah would also be cool, and colorful.

What I REALLY hope DST will pursue is mates based on Sarah Connor Chronicles. I love that show!

the Terminator that comes with John Connor looks more like the 1st movie version particularlly with the brown trousers & guns he's holding

That's a good point. He started out nude in T2, got that biker guy's full black leather outfit, and wore than the entire movie.

here is also hoping that Ahnold doesn't get his panties in a bunch about likeness issues, as seems to have happened with the Hot Toys "Dutch" figure, which is currently on hold.

I don't see him having much of a leg to stand on as far as being pissed about his likeness being used. Since becoming govenor of California his likeness has become public domain. DST could package his figure wearing the red dress the caprica six wears and there is nothing he can do about it.

I don't see him having much of a leg to stand on as far as being pissed about his likeness being used. Since becoming govenor of California his likeness has become public domain. DST could package his figure wearing the red dress the caprica six wears and there is nothing he can do about it.

Check this out:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0430042arnold1.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...MNG0H81NHH1.DTL

Though I think that you are right, if he can somehow argue that his likeness is taken from one of his films for commercial purposes, then he can sue. If I were Hot Toys, I would release a "nude" body with "California politician" head, and release the Dutch separately. They certainly got around the "no Predator figures" issue by releasing it as a "poseable model kit" that you have to put together.

Edited by karamazov80