UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

damn you hulk197,you always get the toys r us exclusives first,im jealous :(

I left work early and I had a feeling they might be out today. I'll be hitting a couple more TRU in the area this weekend to look for more for members who may need them.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics Hulk, They all look really good.

Can't wait to get my own. :)

I called my TRU and gave them the product number but they said that it wouldn't help them find it.

Though they said they only had the 3 inch ones and that hadn't gotten them in yet.

But for all I know they might not know what they are.

Then again, I tried to discribe them as best I could.

Thanks for the pics Hulk, They all look really good.

Can't wait to get my own. :)

I called my TRU and gave them the product number but they said that it wouldn't help them find it.

Though they said they only had the 3 inch ones and that hadn't gotten them in yet.

But for all I know they might not know what they are.

Then again, I tried to discribe them as best I could.

I've had varying shades of luck with TRU employees. Some know how to look the product number (different from the sku #) up and some have no idea. It all depends on who is answering the phone. The good ones will be able to tell you if there are / were any on the truck and some will even go do a physical count in the aisle. Unfortunately, the best bet is to go there yourself and see. Not always the easiest, but the only way to be sure.

Package pics. Any requests?? Yes, the Marvel poster is in all of them. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing for Minimates.

P1010036Small.jpg

P1010040Small.jpg

P1010045Small.jpg

P1010034_editedSmall-1.jpg

Edited by hulk197

Well I got beat to posting the pics but man these are awesome. The big ass gun with the Assault Gear T-800 is so awesome!

It would be even cooler if he could actually hold it ... ;)

It's sort of like the Joker's "bang" pistol with the ginormous handle.

OK, my new fave minimate is officially the blast apart T-1000! See below the amazing blown up FCBD. I'm going to do a blown apart Colossus, I'll paint one blue and put it on Reed Richards, the possibilities are endless! Hell, it might even work for a "BAMFING" Nightcrawler. Sorry these are kind of dark...

P1010034Small.jpg

P1010035Small.jpg

P1010036Small-1.jpg

I love that the Battle Damaged Arnold has his left arm ripped off to expose the endoskeleton.

Too bad final battle T-800 didn't come with a set of black legs. Ya, I know his orange legs are supposed to recreate the scene where he's lowered into the molten steel, but ... ah... forget it. I just wish they had given him the black legs with the exposed endo skeleton knee cap like the one on display at the NY Toy Fair.

I will be definitely looking for these tomorrow. Hulk did they have the single display ones as well? Does the bandoleer come off of the jacket?

I found mine in the aisle with the smaller display of Terminator toys. They were in the process of tearing down the front of store Terminator / Star Trek display and putting up the new Transformers movie toy big-ass display. Yes, both bandoleers do come off, as well as the neat double belt piece on the SWAT guy. I saw no evidence of single display figures. I didn't think TRU was getting those. Are they?

I stopped at a couple of the TRU's near Pittsburgh and found that they had just stocked these. It's the first time that I actually cleared TRU completely out of a wave :)

Feels good don't it?

Yes, yes it does. Although, you should have seen the "you've got to be kidding me" look my wife gave me. ;)

I stopped at a couple of the TRU's near Pittsburgh and found that they had just stocked these. It's the first time that I actually cleared TRU completely out of a wave :)

Heh, I wasn't first to get to these at my TRU and ended up leaving one T-800/Endo pack on the peg.

The Arnies have a bit darker skin tone than the T-1000 and SWAT. Thankfully it is consistent across all the figs. MMDB has been updated with these guys. Thanks to this page for the names of all the guns. I didn't want to name them all 'rifle' or 'gun' like I have been. Now I'm off to see if those Iron Man rifles have names... well besides Bunny-Slayer and Over-Compensator. :P

Feels good don't it?

Yes, yes it does. Although, you should have seen the "you've got to be kidding me" look my wife gave me. ;)

I live with that look sir. It is permanently fixed on my wife's face.

I will be definitely looking for these tomorrow. Hulk did they have the single display ones as well? Does the bandoleer come off of the jacket?

The single display T2 mates are exclusive to comic book shops and online stores like BBTS and AFX. They will not be made available at TRU. BTW, the singles are confirmed to be released Wednesday June 3rd.