UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

I still have not received my order from toyrocket. According to their policy, If they charged me, them my order should have shipped.Yet I paid for express shipping and it has been 6 days since they charged me, and nothing. I'm sticking with BBTS for my pre orders from now on.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave 25 showed up at my local comic store today, though someone beat me to the variant.

Yep, same here. They plan to reorder though and will keep me in mind for the variant when they come in.

These are really cool. I was on the fence about this wave, but I really like the Red Hulk and Barbarian Hulk. I am a DC fan, so I have no idea who Barbarian Hulk is, but he sure has some cool gear. I could see a potential Warlord custom using that loincloth piece.

Also, I like that the Captain America set has a suit piece. Probably reuse from Iron Man movie Tony Stark, but still neat to have.

That's actually Skaar, Hulk's son who was born from the Planet Hulk storyline where Hulk took over a planet and had a child.

If I can get past my broader problem with Marvel killing off or perverting all the characters that we loved as little kids as a gimmick to sell comics, then I might agree with you. However, I can almost never judge a Minimate solely on its merits. My knowledge and experience with a character always bring "baggage" to my interpretations of them. As such, despite the praise that has been given to the new Captain America comic, I don't really want to read it, and I'm not sure that I could enjoy it even if it was brilliant.

Steve Rogers is Captain America, period.

The current Captain America is probably the best comic mag I have read in years K80. There IS only one true Cap but since his death all his contemporary characters have had the chance to develop their characters & this must ultimately culminate in Rogers' return. Bucky,Winter Soldier ,New Cap ..call him whatever you like but this guy is brutally tough yet brim-full of angst regarding his new unwanted role. Please don't judge him from his cameo appearance in Avengers comics which I agree fail to convince just give it a chance you won't regret it.

The current Captain America is probably the best comic mag I have read in years K80. There IS only one true Cap but since his death all his contemporary characters have had the chance to develop their characters & this must ultimately culminate in Rogers' return. Bucky,Winter Soldier ,New Cap ..call him whatever you like but this guy is brutally tough yet brim-full of angst regarding his new unwanted role. Please don't judge him from his cameo appearance in Avengers comics which I agree fail to convince just give it a chance you won't regret it.

BHM is 100 percent correct Brubaker has taken a gimic *bucky as cap, and made it the best comics story line going right now. I want Steve Rogers back, but I can wait until this ride is complete to get him...

What they've said. It really is a great story. In no way does it crap on the things that Simon, Kirby, Lee or any of the others have done. It builds on it in a really interesting and entertaining way. Yes, Steve Rogers will be back eventually. And I can't wait for it to happen. But this is the next best thing and, while not Steve, it really is wonderful stuff.

GAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Too many pictures. Too many happy posts. And my BBTS wave 25 is still sitting on Preorder!

Oh why does the universe mock me thus?!? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

pant. pant. pant.

I'm Okay.

Just needed to let that out.

Please continue your regularly scheduled wound salting. :blush:

I did know how you felt about not being able to get my hands on 'em because Toyrocket sold out before they could get to my pre-order. I was somehow lucky enough to find 'em all minus the variant at a comic shop an hour away from me, but I still won't be sated until I have variant Iron Man. It's the Don Heck costume! My favorite with those cool rivets on the head. I'm really sorry you all are still having troubles finding these. Hopefully by this coming Wednesday things will start to improve for everybody.

.....Steve Rogers is Captain America, period.

I feel exactly the same, This is definatly NOT a case of the suit making the man, as Steve has worn other costumes (Nomad, The Captain etc) and HE is always the epitome of the Hero, and Bucky will always have died on that buzz bomb to me, died a hero!

DST have some GREAT pictures of fighting AIM soldiers up on their site!!! :blink:

(Oh, and they already have a fighting Deadpool! Well, not really fighting, but...)

DSTEsti is officially my hero! That is one beautiful diorama... I love it!

Looks like AIM kidnapped Doc Ock and gave him some Pym Particles! And who knew DST guys owned Cactus Pups? :lol:

Anyways, our LCS finally got in Waves 25 and 26... all I can say is that surprisingly New Cap and Ska'ar (:ohmy:) were my favorites from 25. I know I don't carry the benefit of karamazov's "baggage" being a comic newb and all, but these guys were extremely well-made. Though I DEFINITELY echo MOC in wanting more AIM agents!!!!

P.S. I am SO happy Red Skull comes with a spare slipover suit piece. (Makes Minimate "dress-up" all the easier *wink wink*) I'm still warming up to Iron Man as his helmet almost got stuck when I first got him, but those "armbands" stuck in the middle of his forearm are apparently no error; they're actually accurate to the box/prototype pics. And for some reason the duck feet to me look A MILLION TIMES WORSE on Red Hulk than on any of the regular green Hulks.

Edited by NorthRaider

That is definitely the "Tower of Doom" there.

post-1827-1244384578_thumb.jpg

By the way, who is the freak handling the gun turret? I've never seen him as a Minimate. . .

Edited by karamazov80

mine are somewhere between the States and the UK ATM so the waiting game is killing me, I can't wait for 'Bucky Cap' I am an avid Captain America reader and even stopped for 4 months when they shot Steve, but picked it up and has anybody read between the lines in issue 49 ??????

me thinks what Sharon Carter saw in her dream will be the first steps to resurecting Steve Rogers, and as Cap from the 50's is around and he's basicly a clone of Steve............ glowing figure + 50's cap = Steve Rogers resurected

besides that I'm gonna need a larger Area for all my Iron Man minimates as well, they're taking over

By the way, who is the freak handling the gun turret? I've never seen him as a Minimate. . .

Judging by the blue face and green/purple outfit, he's probably Kang. Or a Kree soldier ;)

Judging by the blue face and green/purple outfit, he's probably Kang. Or a Kree soldier ;)

It's definitly KANG!

It's definitly KANG!

i'm pretty sure he was kidding, of course it's kang.

yeah. :lol:

Almost makes me wish the Wave 28 Deadpool did get a goofier facial expression after all, in lieu of the serious "Punisher" faces (both masks AND his scarred head) DST seems to have given him.

This made me laugh.

mine are somewhere between the States and the UK ATM so the waiting game is killing me, I can't wait for 'Bucky Cap' I am an avid Captain America reader and even stopped for 4 months when they shot Steve, but picked it up and has anybody read between the lines in issue 49 ??????

me thinks what Sharon Carter saw in her dream will be the first steps to resurecting Steve Rogers, and as Cap from the 50's is around and he's basicly a clone of Steve............ glowing figure + 50's cap = Steve Rogers resurected

besides that I'm gonna need a larger Area for all my Iron Man minimates as well, they're taking over

I'm with you completely with the inference from #49 .....hence my previous post. ;)

If I don't get this wave from somewhere soon something bad is going to happen to someone :angry:

edit: In the meantime keep those great pictures coming.

Edited by buttheadsmate

If you keep an eye on eBay, I've seen a few complete "in stock" sets with variant appear. Strange that this Marvel wave has not only had the strangest distribution pattern that I can remember from a Previews-distributed series, but is also the first with army builders, presumably making it more popular than previous waves for those wanting multiples. Seems to me like a bad time to make Minimates hard to find.

Edited by karamazov80