UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright kids, just got back from my LCS, and they have wave 25 shipping thursday, the 28th! I saw the order form from DST with my own two eyes! If my shop's getting them, they should be available in all comic shops that sell minimates. Next week!! (Reminder, for those here in the states, new release day is thursday next week due to the holiday.)

Edited by Mate-iac

Got my series 25 minimates today. I opened up my Bolt Face Iron Man variant and was just so glad to find that other helmet with the infamous nose. Talk about a variant. Its just so awesome to have it in your hands. Now I need to buy another Iron Man to complete the armors. This is great. Oh and the giant sword for the Hulk's son does have a peg to attach to the back of it. Weird how the A.I.M agents have the gatling gun attachment that came with War Machine. What are they gonna do with it? And its also kool how you can dress up the Red Skull in a tuxedo that comes packaged with the figure. I also noticed that the Iron Man variant has a slightly different hairpiece than the non variant Iron Man. Don't know if its a reused piece or not.

Edited by rx78jj

Got my series 25 minimates today. I opened up my Bolt Face Iron Man variant and was just so glad to find that other helmet with the infamous nose. Talk about a variant. Its just so awesome to have it in your hands. Now I need to buy another Iron Man to complete the armors. This is great. Oh and the giant sword for the Hulk's son does have a peg to attach to the back of it. Weird how the A.I.M agents have the gatling gun attachment that came with War Machine. What are they gonna do with it? And its also kool how you can dress up the Red Skull in a tuxedo that comes packaged with the figure. I also noticed that the Iron Man variant has a slightly different hairpiece than the non variant Iron Man. Don't know if its a reused piece or not.

Okay, clarify for me, wouldja?

There's the regular Iron Man with one face mask slip on.

And then the variant has two different slip on masks? A bolt face and another bolt face with the infamous nose?

Can you post some pics? :blush:

The Iron Man on the left is the normal one and the Iron Man on the right is the Bolt Face Iron Man with the extra nose Helmet. The Bolt Face Iron Man also comes with the circular shoulder thingies (I'm using scientific terms of course) as well but they weren't on him when i opened it so i left them off.

post-138-1242952316_thumb.jpg

Edited by rx78jj

The Iron Man on the left is the normal one and the Iron Man on the right is the Bolt Face Iron Man with the extra nose Helmet. The Bolt Face Iron Man also comes with the circular shoulder thingies (I'm using scientific terms of course) as well but they weren't on him when i opened it so i left them off.

If you wouldn't mind, could i have a pic of Rulk and the AIM Agent?? :blush:

I got my set from BBTS today too. Very good wave here's a few quick thoughts on each set:

Skaar/Red Hulk: I wasn't looking forward to this pack but it came out very well. Red Hulk comes w the duck and regular feet. Skaar is also very well done but it's still Skaar so to the back of the display shelf he goes.

Bucky Cap/Red Skull: Bucky Cap is excellent, with great details. The shield seems a little sturdier and less warped then some of the more recent shields. Red Skull looks great in the suit but not so great in the army outfit. The army outfit is too bulky for my tastes. Hopefully DST will try again with army outfit Red Skull and throw in a cosmic cube.

Iron Man/AIM Agent: The new "classic" Iron Man is excellent and comes with the repulser blast hand. The Iron Man variant comes with two helmets and the shoulder circles. AIM Agent is also very good but the paint on the helmet is sloppy. Lots of black bleeding into the yellow. One of the helmets looks like it was rolled in grease. AIM Agent comes with pistol, holster and chain gun. Switching up the guns and holster can create some variety in your AIM army.

Y'know, those eyes on "regular" Iron Man look a bit too far a-space for my tastes. Think I'll try to put the "classic" helmet from the "through the ages" set on him. . .whenever BBTS gets their next shipment in and ships it to me. Hopefully the red and gold match up.

and they have wave 25 shipping thursday, the 28th!

Got my series 25 minimates today.

Well, I'm confused...

sometimes the online places get their stock before the comic shops, hence the the differences...the 28th is comic/specialty shops

Jeff of the Miniacs

Sorry about the blurry Red Hulk. He comes with two sets of feet like the other Hulks as of lately. The A.I.M. agents come with that War Machine gun and a normal gun that fits in the holster. Oh and the red does not match up with the Iron Man Ages set. The red on wave 25 is a deeper red while the other is a brighter more solid red. I was also looking at some pics and the helmet with the nose would require me to buy another variant Bolt Face Iron Man in order to complete the look for the nose version. Oh and i also read about how the nose came about and a book i have says that Stan Lee had commented on why Iron Man doesn't have a nose to an artist at the time of his work and the artist obliged and drew a nose on Iron Man.

post-138-1242962686_thumb.jpg

AH! Even more swell than originally envisioned!

THIS, then, is THE best minimate set ever!

If it only came with roller skates and two repulsor hands... :)

for all o you dark reign readers out there does anyone else think redhulk should join the dark avengers

no he's too much of a loose cannon, i mean did you read hulk#12?

Edited by SErge

for all o you dark reign readers out there does anyone else think redhulk should join the dark avengers

no he's too much of a loose cannon, i mean did you read hulk#12?

Also, I think he's already slated to be a part of the Offenders (the "dark" version of the Defenders :blink:)

A Red Hulk would ruin Norman's "illusion" that he has the "real" Avengers behind him. And I don't see Rulk agreeing to be painted green or grey, even to stick it to Hulk.

Rather see an "Offenders" boxed set with Rulk, Baron Mordo, Tiger Shark and Terrax anyway... oh right, right, need to have a "draw" character. Okay swap Rulk for Hulk in that Jarella's World blue armor he's whereing right now to fight the Offenders. There, now we have our popular heroic character.

thanks for all the pics so far....now can I be a pain and ask for shots of the rest :D please :D

Jeff of the Miniacs

Esp. Red Skull.

Please show us Red Skull

And for those who got both: which is better: Boxset or this?

"Offenders" boxed set with Rulk, Baron Mordo, Tiger Shark and Terrax anyway... oh right, right, need to have a "draw" character. Okay swap Rulk for Hulk in that Jarella's World blue armor he's whereing right now to fight the Offenders.

Can I pre-order this right now please?