UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is "ToysRus" Spider-Man different from "Heroes Pack" Spider-Man?

Kinda...the details aren't big but can drive a perfectionist mad...like me.

The TRU has a slightly darker blue, almost unnoticably different, and the mask is DEFINETLY smaller. Makes the head look less bulky and more natural for those who hate the slip-overs and want the sleeker, more minimated look.

I just got my sets. Did anyone else have issues with Cap's mask? It looks great, but mine might have been mal-formed... it was ultra-mega tight, and now I can't move it. So now I want to buy or trade for another one.

Anyone interested in trading the Wolverine from this set for a Captain? I'm assuming someone out there wants to build an army of blue/yellow X-men...

[edit: yeah, maybe this should be in the trade thread, but I really do want to know if anyone else had problems with their Cap mask]

I just got my sets. Did anyone else have issues with Cap's mask? It looks great, but mine might have been mal-formed... it was ultra-mega tight, and now I can't move it. So now I want to buy or trade for another one.

Anyone interested in trading the Wolverine from this set for a Captain? I'm assuming someone out there wants to build an army of blue/yellow X-men...

[edit: yeah, maybe this should be in the trade thread, but I really do want to know if anyone else had problems with their Cap mask]

It's not just yours. Kinda saying that DST is being lazy, but for once they DID listen to us. We wanted our old, Wave 5-style Cap masks, with mouth and eye holes. Well, that's what they gave us; the old Wave 5 mask. the problem with this is that Minimate plastics and molds are constantly adapting, and the heads have gotten larger over the years. Bigger heads don't really mix well with small masks. :(

Yeah, my Cap mask was tight also, but I actually can get it on and off. I tried the new mask with the series 5 Cap head and it fits perfect, but unfortunately the head fits loosely on the new Cap body and bobles like a new born baby. I haven't tried the head from the series 12 Cap yet, maybe that will fit fine. (since the series 5 Cap head also hangs loosly on that body or at least it did with mine) I will also try the Invaders head to see how it fits with the new mask and then let you know which one works the best.

My Cap's mask was squished, oddly enough. It still fit, but when I take it off the bottom sort of moves inwards. Super odd, but as long as it doesn't affect the head, I have no complaints. After all, I've had no problems putting it on or taking it off. :)

Edited by Nekoi

Yay my Heroes and Villains sets arrived today.

The Heroes set is good but for me the Villains set is the better in my opinion.

Spiderman: Good solid version of the figure but with so many already it gets lost in the mix.

Hulk: For me a great figure a nice colour and bulky enough to give it a look of strength. At last a hulk with an angry face as well.

Wolverine: I wanted to hate this figure as in the comics I dont like this X-men generic uniform. That aside its a good figure well presented with the new claw hands with the knuckles like the Secret Invasion set. This figure also has a new hairpiece which I really like. The first thought I had on seeing the hairpiece is that it would be cool for an Owl custom figure.

Cap Am: For me the weakest figure of the set and that is because of the mask it just don't fit right on the figure which is a real let down.

Red Skull: Nice figure very basic paint apps but it suits this figure fine in what I think is his classic jumpsuit look. Nice to get a new character anyway.

Magneto: This figure before has limited availability so its good to have access here. The figure seems to me have a slighty see thru feel to the arms and legs, it prob the plastic.

Doctor Doom: A great figure and a major update from the Doom available in an earlier wave. The face is totally redone and more detailed along with the body and basicly everything else. I liked the earlier Doom but this one is alot lot better.

Green Goblin: As With The Doom figure this is a major update to the one you could get before. Better decal work this is a great figure. My only gripe is that it could have come with the pumpkin bomb the the other Goblin had but all in all its cool.

I really like these two sets and are a great jumping in point for new collecters. My only real letdown is the Cap Am figure. I would hope that AA/DST keeps these sets in continued production so that new ppl can have access to them.

My Cap mask was completely stuck, but I was able to get it off after putting Cap in the freezer for an hour. Which kind of makes me want to do a custom...

Yeah, my Cap mask was tight also, but I actually can get it on and off. I tried the new mask with the series 5 Cap head and it fits perfect, but unfortunately the head fits loosely on the new Cap body and bobles like a new born baby. I haven't tried the head from the series 12 Cap yet, maybe that will fit fine. (since the series 5 Cap head also hangs loosly on that body or at least it did with mine) I will also try the Invaders head to see how it fits with the new mask and then let you know which one works the best.

I tried the mask on the Invaders Captain America head, but it is the same size as the Heroes Captain America head, so it is still a tight fit, but probably looks better, because he doesn't have the angry look of the Heroes Cap.

However, The series 12 Captain America head fits perfectly with the Heroes Captain America mask, and unlike the series 5 Cap's head, fits perfectly on the Heroes Captain America's body. (a tight fit, not loose on the body like the series 5 Captain America head)

So if you can withstand the smile of the series 12 Captain America, I would go with that head using the Heroes Captain America mask and body.

I hope that info helps!

Are there any differences from the neck down between the Heroes set Captain America and the Invaders set Captain America?

Would the modern mask from the Invaders set work with the four pack Cap's body.

I'm on the fence about whether to get the Heroes set or the TRU 2-packs and an extra Invaders set, as I want extras of Doom, Magneto and Gobby.

Are there any differences from the neck down between the Heroes set Captain America and the Invaders set Captain America?

I'm on the fence about whether to get the Heroes set or the TRU 2-packs and an extra Invaders set, as I want extras of Doom, Magneto and Gobby.

The only difference I can see is that the shades of blue are different, so the Invaders mask on the 4-pack body doesn't look right.

The only difference I can see is that the shades of blue are different, so the Invaders mask on the 4-pack body doesn't look right.

I was afraid of that. I suppose I'll be getting an extra Invaders set then....

The differences I can tell from the kneck down on the Invaders Captain America and Heroes Captain America has to do more with color rather then detail.

However, the Heroes Captain America does have slightly more detail on the front then the Invaders Captain America. While the back of the Heroes Captain America does have more detail then the Invaders Captain America.

As I mentioned previously the main difference is color. The Heroes Captain America seems to have a mix between standard blue & royal blue to it similar, if not exactly, to the series 12 Captain America minimate.

The Invaders Captain America has kind of a blueish teal color to it (which I feel doesn't look as good as the Heroes Captain America color)

The gloves and boots on the Invaders Captain America seem slightly darker in red color from the Heroes Captain America.

The last difference seems to be the shield harness. The Invaders Captain America has a black harness, while the Heroes Captain America has a brown harness.

To finish your last question, the Invaders Captain America mask head fits perfectly on the Heroes Captain America head, however, the color is different, which might be too much of a difference for you, depending on how picky you are about the color differential.

Some Captain America comparisons, second has Invaders (modern) Cap:

post-1827-1241232194_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1241232243_thumb.jpg

I used to have 3 Zombie Colonels, and I guess I either sold, traded, lost, or gave them all away, cuz I couldn't find one to put in the picture :(

The right arm peg-hole on BOTH of the caps I bought are messed up. Anyone else?

Don't know if this is related but I just got the Heroes/Villains boxsets at our LCS (on Free Comic Book Day, natch :)), and the left arm on my Cap is messed-up too.

Thing is, it's the left arm's HAND SOCKET that's loose. I can barely keep Cap's glove on, it's like the inside of the arm literally melted. I guess I'll be needing some nail polish to remedy this one. (Ugh, I really need to take a picture to illustrate this.)

Oh, and I had trouble with the Cap and Magneto helmets too. Dang, they were hard to take off.

Is "ToysRus" Spider-Man different from "Heroes Pack" Spider-Man?

Nope, they're the same. I took the hand off of one to keep track of which is which. :)

without.jpg

with.jpg

The only differences are from misplaced tampos, and you can get that with any Minimate.

My Cap mask was completely stuck, but I was able to get it off after putting Cap in the freezer for an hour. Which kind of makes me want to do a custom...

Heh. Or at least get a good picture. Maybe with your Avengers #1 boxed set figures looking on...

My Cap's mask is stuck too. Niether heat nor cold has helped. Oh I can get it off... with a pair of needle-nosed plires. Keep thinking about putting a hole in the top of the mask to try and keep it from getting such good suction, but I fear that any hole big enough to do that will weak the mask too much. So for right now, the mask stays on and Hawkeye stole poor Steve's hair. (all those white boy Avengers look alike anyway) It's a shame, because the paint job on Cap is first rate. Guess from what I read this is a classic case of be careful what you wish for.

And my only other gripe with the set was a lack of accessories. Spidey could have used a reissued webline, just to up the value of another, nearly identicle Spider-Man. Villain wise I'm glad for Doom's side arm and Magnus' little power balls, but I think Gobby needed a pumkin bomb, either a bomb hand or new separate piece. And that Skull was begging for a Cosmic Cube accessory. No idea how to do it, but that's what would make that mate perfect.