UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Secret" Minimate contest Banter Thread

groundhog7s

we can safely say they with be leaveing us tomorrow and they will be going the fastest way possible, the real question is how long should we make the UK'ers wait????

That's great news & please don't worry about us in the UK .Please just do your best to get these wonderful 'secret items' to the US members before we have more nervous breakdowns, tantrums , potential homicides & suicides over there .

Thanks again for a very generous gesture ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My response to THAT question would be "Who'd be crazy enough to do that?"

Judging from the number of members who posted in the contest thread, I say we'd be looking at around 50 mystery Secret Invasion-related mates courtesy of Limited Edition. That would kinda make them even rarer than the Bombermates, and thus hypothetically more valuable on eBay if ever a board member here actually DID sell theirs. This is assuming these really are "personalized" mates rather than, say, recycled characters or loose figures from the SI boxset or something.

In short, I really have no idea what to expect at this point. And FYI for all the US guys anxious about their prizes getting shipped, I live nearly halfway across the globe from the UK so I'll probably get mine (IF I'm getting "one") last.

EDIT: ninja'd on the bombermate analogy

Edited by NorthRaider

I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong but surely we are setting our expectations way too high? My comment is not flavoured with ingratitude or cynicism just logic.

Edit: Bombmate (Bombermate) was another splendid gesture by another Minimate Legend,TBT. I am complete completist & although I class Bombermate as a truly iconic piece, an ebay Bombermate would never (as I have stated before) 'feel right' in my collection .

Edited by buttheadsmate

*sigh* Whatever the "mystery prize" is, what I can gather about it is:

1. It's related to Secret Invasion

2. It's being "made", so it's probably some sort of custom or personalized mate

3. It'll exist in limited quantities (at least 50)

I may be wrong, but at least this is what I can say about it for sure. This wil be a long wait.

I wouldn't make the UK guys wait at all. I imagine it would do them good to finally get a minimate before their US brethren do.

I was floored when I saw these and I hope you guys and gals are, too.

I think that whoever gets this first, should not post pictures up. I, and I know others will, want to first lay eyes on this beauty when I have it in my hand not a picture on here, so if you feel compelled to post your picture, how about a spoiler warning beforehand?

I think that whoever gets this first, should not post pictures up. I, and I know others will, want to first lay eyes on this beauty when I have it in my hand not a picture on here, so if you feel compelled to post your picture, how about a spoiler warning beforehand?

Thats a reasonable request. The theme is secret, so keeping it as much is fair.

I was JUST coming to say the exact same thing! I don't want some yahoo on here to spoil it before I open my mailbox. I want the suspense to last as long as possible before I crack the egg and say hello.

Yes, I just called yall yahoos. :P

It definitely speaks for our community. I have been on tons of other toy sites. But rarely do I see the Toy Makers come on and give insight. let alone, sneak peeks, and even rarer a retailer, who out of their wallet giving away an exclusive, instead of trying to sell it.... that is freaking RARE. Yet another reason to make mine minimates

moc847

oh and ps....whoever gets it first...spoil me...I am dying to know :)

Maybe it's older minimates with skrull faces, with a bunch of characters done as a sort of "Minimate Skrull Imvasion"? Just a crazed idea. Also, I won... like everyone else.

You know I thought the same thing, but where in the hell would they get all those skrull heads from??

well we know our pal winkerbean is also thier pal and he has some deadly skrull face decals(which I am so using in a stop-motion movie I am in the works of).....

Jeff of the Miniacs

Maybe it's older minimates with skrull faces, with a bunch of characters done as a sort of "Minimate Skrull Imvasion"? Just a crazed idea. Also, I won... like everyone else.

You know I thought the same thing, but where in the hell would they get all those skrull heads from??

well we know our pal winkerbean is also thier pal and he has some deadly skrull face decals(which I am so using in a stop-motion movie I am in the works of).....

Jeff of the Miniacs

Whoa, I was thinking the same thing.

They said they were being made. Makes sense to me. :D

I say whoever gets it first starts a prize spoiler thread for the impatient. You don't have to look if you don't want to.

What I think is cool about this site is how many contests gain a life of their own. We all love free stuff, but the atmospere around here when there's a contest is so much better than winning. Of course, I say this because I usually lose.