UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's brilliant. Absolutely sensational. May have to sell some stuff to raise the necessary cash.

I just wish I could afford to collect this scale properly. I've only bitten the bullet on one figure, and that was Reeves Superman. Considering Keaton Batman too. Did anyone buy the Bat and what did they think of him?

Yeah, I picked up Keaton Bats after going back and forth, but I'm not getting Nicholson's Joker as I mainly wanted the Keaton Bats to display along with Reeve Superman, and I have to say they look absolutely stunning together! My only gripe about Bats is the cape, once again Hot Toys can't get a Batman cape right. It looked like it would be heavy enough to lay flat, but it isn't. Lforigno, who makes stunning custom capes for the Bale Batman figures is working on a custom replacment for Keaton. I've seen some Freaks members get the cape into amazing positions and lay naturally, but I just haven't been able to get it into a form that I really like yet.

I posted some pix in my 1/6 thread, but I will get some more pix tonight when I get home from work.

Sculpt on Cap looks amazing, but I'm a bit disappointed they steered away from the chain mail tunic Cap always wore. I guess its a bit dated, but it is also one of those classic touches to a classic character.

Now I wish I didn't get the one from the Cap movie. I think this one will be my display cap. Anyone want my current Cap?

I still can't get into that new Cap helmet. It isn't the fault of the figure so much as the costume design in general, but he makes me think more of what a live action Blue Beetle would look like (intentionally a bit goofy) than Cap, who's an A-list, conventional hero.

I think the unmasked head looks very good, and I can deal with the liberties taken with the rest of his costume vs. the comic version, but. . .that new helmet might be too much for me to overcome. I might just stick with First Avenger Cap instead, despite the flaws of that figure (and there are several).

Yikes, Cap is $215 at Sideshow with free shipping. I was hoping he would be less than that. I'm sure I will still be getting him. But damn...

wow I may be staying with the First Avenger after all. But you do get 2 heads and that bd shield is sweet! I agree with K80 the cowl is odd. Too form fitting around he neck or something. Not sure what else they could have done though.

At first i was all :jawdrop:

Then i saw the pricetag, and i was all :jawdrop::down:

I mean, yea, it's a reasonable price that probably should be expected by now, but that's a lot of cash. Still, the three i want are he, Hawkeye, and Widow, so it's happening somehow. :confused:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

OH SON OF A B****

Now that is not fair. I love The Boss, she's my favorite character. EVERY TIME you set yourself a limit on the number of Hot Toys you need to get, it's like they scan your brain, make exactly what you want at the worst time, and pull you back in. :confused:

That said, she looks incredible, and i really want to pose her with Battlesuit Jill and Avengers Widow. :thumbsup:

Those came up yesterday (I think) on Sideshow's site, if anyone missed them.

577197_347513645310632_138228759572456_1047791_341646482_n.jpg

Snake is a buy for me, even though it's not one of my favorite suits from that game. Boss. . .doesn't really do much for me.

I must say, i do creep on Sideshow's forum constantly to keep up with that news, though don't really have interest in joining the forum, and reading the reactions to The Boss is fairly disheartening.

Are people expecting a Barbie doll?? She's the Boss. Tough as nails soldier who has seen countless battles in two major wars and is military figurehead in the games; she's supposed to be rugged and cold with years of experience, not peppy and pretty. So she looks slightly like a man...she should. She looks fine, to me at least. Even the rugged texture is going to be gone on the final version; that happens on EVERY Hot Toys figure, so i don't understand the complaints there.

Total buy from me.

Some news from Hot Toys:

-Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers.

-Hulk is in progress, the body will not be fully Rubber.

-Black Widow will have a new body and hair are sculpted.

-Loki suit will be the one of The Avengers, the Thor Suit Version was canceled.

-Captain America Golden Age Version is still scheduled.

-Tony Stark Race Suit Version and Whiplash Armor Version have been set aside because of an overloaded schedule.

-The X-Men First Class range is almost complete, it will be announced soon.

-The license Green Lantern was canceled.

-The licences of Iron Man 3, Superman Man Of Steel and Wolverine will be exploited.

Thoughts? After seeing other HT rubber bodies breaking and ripping, I am glad Hulk will not be fully rubber. I am also glad that Loki will be the Avengers version, and that Black Widow will have sculpted hair. I thought it was interesting that Whiplash Armor Version was in development. That is one I would definitely add to my collection.

-So, in other words, The Avengers, Fury, and Loki. Shame for no Maria and Coulson Convention pack.

-Any rubber scares me. I will not buy the Hulk because i'm not a Hulk guy nor a completionist for these, but i fear for those with rubber issues in the past

-YESSS. Thank you, Hot Toys. Hopefully the likeness will be slightly improved, and then she'll be perfect.

-Good. A much better costume, with more diversity in the looks that can be achieved. Good choice.

-Undecided. Like the look better than The First Avenger, but i don't know if i need him.

-Didn't know they even announced those. Racing Stark will be a buy, i love that suit.

-Finally. Interest was slipping. Too much to hope for a Shaw, or will we just get the big 2?

-HAAAA. Called it; there was no way they'd get a profit from that. People are gonna be upset, but it's really funny. Plus, i bet they had issues making the costume.

-Of course. Superman is the only surprise there. Interest in Zod if they do more than Superman. I already have MY Superman.

Mostly great news; can't wait to see Widow. :wub:

that hulk looks beautiful, beautiful and expensive

Hulk looks way too rubber to me. I just cannot trust HT rubber. Doesn't matter if its body parts, clothing or accessories. Their rubber is crap and breaks down way to fast. If those arms and/or chest are rubber, I probably will not get one.

Too veiny in the arms, also. (Sorry, personal nitpick. I hate veiny biceps, freaks me out. :mellow: )

Looks wonderful, but i don't like Hulk nor could i ever justify the price point. But the rubber is a big turn off, regardless. I'll stick to my 3 Soldiers and maybe Fury unless Thor really wows me.

But seriously, who would have thought Black Widow would be pretty much last? :lol:

Yeah, rubber makeup plus cost will be factors for me. So far, I've picked up every HT Avengers character save those with rooted hair :D , and Hulk is one of Marvel's Big 3 in my opinion (Spidey, Hulk, and Wolvie), so the pressure for me to buy will be strong, but. . .having experienced the DX-02 fiasco first hand, I'm cautious about their overuse of rubber for sure.

Not sure what to make of that picture... it looks like the arms plug into the torso? Maybe Hulk will be an experiment in making a 1/6 scale compatible figure, that doesn't have all of the articulation, to reduce costs. Maybe it comes with multiple arms/heads to attach for different poses/expressions? I think I might be okay with that as an alternative to a deteriorating rubber figure or a super pose-able plastic figure with a bunch of unsightly seams and joints...

I'm sold, no matter what they decide to do, after everything I am hearing about this movie, there is no way I'm not picking up Hulk in whatever form they offer him!

Interchangeable non-rubber arms would be cool. I'll be disappointed if he is rubber, but at least I'll be saving the money...