UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subconsciously, I think I am expecting more so that I'll be pleasantly surprised and can justify buying once he is solicited for less :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

Subconsciously, I think I am expecting more so that I'll be pleasantly surprised and can justify buying once he is solicited for less :lol:

Well, it seems a lot of people are doing that, too. Talk has Hulk as high as $500 but I am sticking with my $300 range.

I am not thrilled with either version of Thor. I blame it on my love of the older comic version of Thor and that iconic helmet.

i must be part of the minority who quite like the new thor head. Also i've not collected a 1/6 figure yet but i'm considering starting, just one then moving on when money becomes a bit easier. not sure what a good starting point would be, the marvel ones look amazing but just a bit too pricey at the moment

i must be part of the minority who quite like the new thor head. Also i've not collected a 1/6 figure yet but i'm considering starting, just one then moving on when money becomes a bit easier. not sure what a good starting point would be, the marvel ones look amazing but just a bit too pricey at the moment

You could buy the sideshow zartan or preorder the sideshow boba fett(he's being released in June)

well they are not getting any cheaper

You could buy the sideshow zartan or preorder the sideshow boba fett(he's being released in June)

Those actually aren't much cheaper than a Hot Toys figure, sadly. SSC has been creeping up in price, and honestly, I don't feel you're getting quite the bang for your buck that you get with Hot Toys.

And this makes Thor a total pass. Something about the head is just terrible; it does look like Hemsworth, but a weirdly evil, angry Hemsworth from the future. The costume doesn't look much better, either, and i was hoping for the jacket to be an additional piece. If this isn't the same price as Hawkeye (who will likely be the last of that price range), it is going to be a fairly poor seller, i think. Don't get why he's so bare-bones.

Bright side, i can stick with my military Avengers now.

why all the hate on the thor sculpt. It way more resembles Helmsworth than the previous one. Those side by side shots have sold me on it. Still not sure I'll get a Thor but I like this new version better.

He more closely resembles Karl Urban or Leo Dicaprio to me than Hemsworth. I think the first version's likeness was better, but he suffers from an expression where he looks stoned.

Check out the final sculpt for the 'Weird Al' head that one of the Freaks commissioned from a sculptor in Brazil. The hair won't be sculpted, but there some options we are looking at for either using a professionally made doll wig or lambs wool. I think the sculptor managed to capture a great likeness of Al's quirky facial features, I already have my 1/6 hawaiian shirt picked out! :)

img2012050600045.jpg

img2012050600044.jpg

img2012050600043.jpg

img2012050600041.jpg

Also, check out the newest Iminime paint-up of the Ra's Al Ghul custom! Amazing!!! This will be my first fully complete commissioned figure!

27wvx9s.jpg

ajte0m.jpg

Yeah, having seen Iminime paint work in person with my Doc head, I'm excited for what they are bringing to the table with Ra's and the Seven figures (I plan on getting all of those). That Weird Al does look good, but I must say that he's one of the strangest choices for a 1/6th scale figure I've seen :D Up there with Mr. Bean.

LOL, that's why I love it, how else will I EVER get a great 1/6 Weird Al??? Not that much stranger than Pee Wee Herman though, is Rainman still planning on doing that one?

I would love a series of comedy based figures, Cheech & Chong, Belushi's Samurai, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy from Raw, Carlin, Dangerfield, the list could go on and on....

Yeah, Pee Wee is still being planned, I think as his next release. I guess Pee-Wee is up there with Weird Al in terms of strangeness since you mention it, but there is a history of Pee-Wee being produced in toy form.

Edited by karamazov80

Interview with Howard Chan from Hot Toys:

- Hot Toys has announced they have the license and are producing figures from the 'Back to the Future' films, and will be making a 1/6 scale DeLorean!!! :ohmy:

- DX Joker 2.0 is "ready" and will be released "soon".

- Batman Returns Batman and Penguin will be announced around December.

- X-Men First Class is still WIP and the first figure will be Professor X.

- Amazing Spider-Man is still WIP

- Confirmed they have the license for the new Superman movie.

Anyone get their black spider-man in yet? I opened mine yesterday and love it! Think the likeness is pretty good and will be displaying the Toby sculpt on this guy. Took a couple quick pics and I apologize in advance for my lame pose. My only real QC issue is that the honeycomb is rubbed off or just missing around the nose of the mask. I'll be calling them today to get a replacement sent. The other minor gripe that you can see in one of the pics is the right costume sleeve is longer than the left. Looks like they just didn't cut it down or didn't cut it enough. I guess I can just cut off some extra but hopefully it won't start to fray

post-41-0-91717000-1336483096_thumb.jpgpost-41-0-83728600-1336483146_thumb.jpg

here's the long sleeve (I tried to bunch it under the hand)

post-41-0-95452300-1336483183_thumb.jpg

Black Spidey looks good! I am still torn on him. I was planning on picking him up, but now that I have added some Avengers figures to my list, I don't think I can afford him anymore.

I am curious to see what they do with another Joker. I am still very happy with mine. Perhaps it will be minor changes, like with the second Mark I release.

A 1/6 scale delorean sounds amazing. This will be a hard line for me to pass on, especially if they make Doc Brown with his mind reading hat. Imagine how cool that would look on a shelf!

Looks great, Webhead! I can't really see the problem on the head that you described, but I wouldn't cut the sleeve. My red Spidey has a sleeve that is slightly longer than the other too, I was able to just distribute the extra material across the length of the arm and it looks fine. You can bunch a little in the armpit and elbow joints if you need to, and depending on the pose you have you won't notice it.

I wish HT had done a separate head for the first release, I think the pronounced jawline of the Black Spidey looks great! I should be getting mine sometime next week.

Remember, if you get a replacement head and they ask you to 'destroy' the first one and take pix, if you cut the cloth mask away from the head, and re-glue the eyes into the mask, you can have an unmasked Spidey holding his mask! I did that with my defective Red Spidey, and gave the mask to Goblin.

NewGoblinjpg.jpg