UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho Lee...

Like dj, I own no HT figures so it's an easy pass. Still I hope one of my local buddies that do collect there picks that up cause I certainly want see that thing in person.

Yeah, I've still got '89 Bats and Joker in my BBTS Pre-order list, but not sure if I'm gonna keep them or not. Costs add up. . .and Rainman's Doc Brown is supposedly next!

very sexy, anyone here have that? would love to see some pictures.

I had it, but no longer do.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

No way I don't get those. *sigh* What the heck else can I sell to pay for this stuff???

Plasma? Hey it's how I used to get my pocket money in college.

I just picked up my first (and hopefully only) Hot Toys Predator, Classic Pred from 'Predators'. This thing is amazing, and quite possibly my favorite 1/6 fig in my collection yet. I'm picking up a kit from a Freaks member to convert to the 1987 Predator. If you are debating picking this up at all, go for it, you won't be disappointed. I plan on picking up some custom 1/6 scale skulls from eBay to give him as trophies.

I also got Abigail Whistler from a Hong Kong seller for cheap, she was the last character I needed to get me current with the Hot Toys Marvel releases, aside from some of the Iron Man variations that I don't consider "must haves" for my collection.

I really went overboard and have Alien "Big Chap", T2 T-800, and Bank Robber Joker on the way at the moment... :unsure:

That's a pricey haul! I did pick up an outfit/painted head set of Doc Holliday. I wasn't planning on it at first (was gonna get an unpainted head alone and kitbash. . .something), but the Iminime paint job looked pretty dang good, and will have the sickly, sweating look, so I thought it was a pretty good deal for what it is (all being relative, of course). To put it in context, the Iminime painted head and outfit/accessories was $445, full set (Rainman painted, put together on body, with cup) was $800, and the DX set (same as full set, but with extra head sans hat painted by Rainman) was $1,000.

Here's the Iminime painted head:

http://rainmanart.kr/goods/images/20120313091446cont.jpg

Rainman said the final version will be even more sickly looking :buttrock::lol:

Edited by karamazov80

I got the BRJ from a Freaks member for $175 shipped, it was only missing the cards/money. It arrived today and is in great shape, but neither of the heads have the rubber ring in them that secures it to the neck joint, similar to the Hawk head I sent you, K80.

The minigun for T2 T800 showed up today too, just need to track down the M79 grenade launcher and sling to have an assault on Cyberdyne ready Ahnold. :thumbsup:

That Doc Holliday is amazing!

His goggles are too small. I like the 1985 upgrade look, but don't care much for the commando look (zippered sweater?) or the price. $200 is at least $30-50 more than this figure should cost from SSC direct. Timber doesn't do much for me, either.

Yeah, the price sucks and the commando headsculpt looks too small to me, but SilentSurfer painted them both and he said they are the same size. The goggles on the Commando sculpt are definitely too small. I'm hoping they correct some of the complaints, and they have in the past with Firefly and Viper, so it may happen with SE.

As others on the Freaks forum have stated, they should have just copied the sculpt from the recent statue.

2630_press04-001.jpg

Obviously Timber is meant to test the market for other 'animal' based Joes like Mutt/Junkyard and Law/Order, but I don't think they are going about it the right way.

I'm also pretty pissed that they didn't include the falchion sword with this release, but they included a generic katana? :confused:

But I can understand their doing that from the POV that they want owners of the original Snake Eyes to feel like he still has something that makes him special and worth keeping. That sword, the cloth mask, and the gauntlet deals are about it now.

Edited by karamazov80