UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That movie could have been much better that it was but for two things... the needless excess of cameos of not plot relevant mutants. Sure having Scott and Emma and all were neat, but having them there muddied the script waters and hurt ending. The other thing... trying to imply that weapon XI was somehow Deadpool. The cyber-mutant wasn't too bad on it's own, until you realized that was suppossed to be Deadpool, at which point it just sucked.

Love the lebowski! I would love to see some Pulp Fiction 1/6 figures. Did you have the Marty done for you or does the customizer make several?

The Marty outfit was a small run by Korean custom artist Rainman and his tailor. He also made that Big Lebowski Dude figure in my picture and the Bill the Butcher figure, as well. The guy is just phenomenal. The outfit is insanely detailed, as are the accessories (headphones/tape player, shoes, skateboard). The sculpt I used was done by Trevor Grove, who sculpted many well known Sideshow pieces, including their 1/6th scale and 1/4 scale Raiders Indiana Jones figures.

I've got some more pics posted here, by the way.

I just finished watching X-Men Origins Wolverine for the first time. Need that 1/6 figure!!!!!!!!!

That movie could have been much better that it was but for two things... the needless excess of cameos of not plot relevant mutants. Sure having Scott and Emma and all were neat, but having them there muddied the script waters and hurt ending. The other thing... trying to imply that weapon XI was somehow Deadpool. The cyber-mutant wasn't too bad on it's own, until you realized that was suppossed to be Deadpool, at which point it just sucked.

I don't care for that movie much, either. It's the only Hot Toys Wolverine out there at the moment, though (not including the bootlegs). And a pretty nice figure even though the sculpt is a bit off.

yeah I'll agree with the cameos though it didn't bother me. Interesting take with Creed being his brother. Only thing I didn't like was the adamantium bullet to the head causing the memory loss. Thought that was lame but as a plot device I guess they needed something to get him the memory loss somehow. I agree with K80 on Wade. Thought it was lame to make him XI it should have been anyone else.

Time to hunt for the wolverine...

This thread is a good resource for 1/6 scale part stores, and some stores that do commission work, like custom fabric printing.

Thanks Luke, checking it out now.

what was this? must have missed it. are we allowed to talk about it?

It was a thread about a comment being deleted from DST's Facebook page, the thread still exists if you look for it.

Time to hunt for the wolverine...

Like K80 mentioned, eBay is littered with very high-quality Wolverine bootlegs at the moment. The quality is to the point that there is speculation that these are either factory rejects, or someone at the factory produced more product without HT approval. The packaging was even bootlegged, so it is really difficult to tell what is legit unless you have good pictures of Wolvie's face. There is a thread on the Freaks forum with lots of comparison pix. Some have even said that the quality is good enough that they don't care it is a bootleg.

With HT announcing the re-release of the Iron Man MK1 (another bootlegged figure), there is a very good chance that Wolvie will be re-released in some form.

I'm about 95% sure we're gonna see another HT Wolverine, though. Just fits Hot Toys' MO perfectly--extremely popular character, they have announced the licenses, first figure was a huge success. I doubt it will be an Origins version, though.

I'm about 95% sure we're gonna see another HT Wolverine, though. Just fits Hot Toys' MO perfectly--extremely popular character, they have announced the licenses, first figure was a huge success. I doubt it will be an Origins version, though.

yeah and that's probably the version I'll want. The hair is probably too out of control for the x-men movies...unless they make one using the first class license.

folks...

I've got this guy sitting around

Flash 13" Deluxe Collector Figure

I'm having a bit of a clear out at the moment, and planned on sticking him on eBay. I then noticed one of his helmet wings has snapped off, so didn't think there was much point.

The head, hands and outfit do come off, so I thought perhaps someone might want him even if just for the body. I don't have the spare 'running' hands, and the base has couple of scuffs on it, but otherwise he looks pretty good.

If someone wants to take him off my hands, hes yours for $20, shipped.

There's a new guy at SSF who's doing some phenomenal looking customs. I can't link pics directly, but he's doing Ninja Turtles and Dark Helmet from Spaceballs :D

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106005

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106095

• 2 weeks later...

He looks great, no doubt. But I'm not sure if I am willing to shell out $150+ for him. He's so different from the Fury of the comic that I don't feel that he's really the same character. He's just SLJ being SLJ, so I'm not compelled to buy him as "the best figure version of Marvel character X," which is my rationale for owning a Hot Toys Ghostrider. And the figure is pretty bare bones and hum drum by Hot Toys standards. If he were a screen icon like Ferris Bueller or something then I could accept that, but he isn't. . .does the character justice for sure, though. I should probably sell my Thor in anticipation of the Avengers version, now that I'm thinking about it.

Edited by karamazov80

He looks great, no doubt. But I'm not sure if I am willing to shell out $150+ for him. He's so different from the Fury of the comic that I don't feel that he's really the same character. He's just SLJ being SLJ, so I'm not compelled to buy him as "the best figure version of Marvel character X," which is my rationale for owning a Hot Toys Ghostrider. And the figure is pretty bare bones and hum drum by Hot Toys standards. If he were a screen icon like Ferris Bueller or something then I could accept that, but he isn't. . .does the character justice for sure, though. I should probably sell my Thor in anticipation of the Avengers version, now that I'm thinking about it.

I feel the same way. Also, I don't think its racist to want the silver haired white guy you grew up with in the comics realm.

Yeah, the pre-order price was insane ($190). I was thinking $150 was too much. Forget about it.

Also, I don't think its racist to want the silver haired white guy you grew up with in the comics realm.

Yeah. Some folks assume the worst in people, but when you've got a nostalgia-driven hobby like this I think people should be a bit more open-minded about it. I'm sure there are folks who don't like SLJ as Fury because they are racist, but most who take issue are no doubt doing so simply because 616 Fury had a different personality style, and yes, a different skin color from the version of him in the movie. It's just nostalgia and connection to the source material. If Hawkeye isn't somewhat of an arrogant pr*ck then I'll also be annoyed :D

Edited by karamazov80