UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots of 1/6th coming in right now. CR Superman arrived recently and my HT Classic Pred just arrived. Now I have some new Star Wars clones about to show up.

Yeah, I don't think he should be more than $150. With all the appearances he has made in the movies, I would love to see an Agent Coulson figure, maybe as a con exclusive. At least the guy got a Minimate, but a full size figure would be cool too.

So is this Hot Toys new way of previewing their figures, hide the headsculpt so they don't have to listen to the bitching and moaning until they release the formal solicitation pictures, or did they do that prior to the Bane teaser?

On a sadder note, I heard back from my Diamond rep, and DC Direct will not be distributing any more Hot Toys Batman stuff for the foreseeable future. :(

In a way, I am glad. Now I don't need to figure out where I'm going to put it... However, if they redo the Batpod, I am there.

I don't think I'll be buying Nick. Pretty boring figure in terms of look and accessories, and he's "Ultimate Nick Fury," not the version I knew as a kid, so I'm less interested in buying unless I find a really good bargain. I bet the head sculpt will be awesome, though. Their Octopus sculpt was terrific.

On a sadder note, I heard back from my Diamond rep, and DC Direct will not be distributing any more Hot Toys Batman stuff for the foreseeable future. :(

Bummer. I guess Sideshow has taken on all those responsibilities at this point. For the first Dark Knight run, Sideshow didn't have access to any of those Hot Toys figures.

Yeah, it's the smaller, Truetype Slim body, which is roughly the size of a teenager in relation to the larger Truetypes. I'm using the body that came with Sweeney Todd, which is not ideal because it is too pale, but you can only see part of his forearms so not the end of the world. The Michael Jacksons also use them, as does the new Jack Sparrow DX, though it has a sculpted neck/chest piece. As always, Rainman's attention to detail is top notch.

Edited by karamazov80

Looks great K80. You are amassing a great collection there! I still love that lebowski but that Bill the Butcher HS is freaking brilliant!

On another note already had a deal go bad on the freaks board. Guy was selling a bunch of 1/6 and I told him I was interested in 4 of them (2 for me and 2 for my brother) and he was down with it. Well I got sick and was away for a day and then checked back in and he already sold 3 of them because he didn't hear back from me again. Then I get a 2nd pm from him saying that if I still wanted all 4 he'd cancel the txn with the other guy cause he hadn't paid yet. Talk about shady. I told him to forget it and that in the future he could check in with the 1st guy before he ups and flips over to the 2nd. Oh well life goes on.

On another note already had a deal go bad on the freaks board.

You know, the more time I spend over there, the more I appreciate what we have here. I reported a post yesterday that was just blatant racism. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I've started putting together some custom 1/6 figures for my collection. From what I can tell, I should be able to pull it off without any painting, and I am having a blast finding 1/6 scale clothing and accessories that people make and sell on eBay.

My wife said she would be interested in learning how to sew 1/6 clothes, so I might have her try to make a few things for me, we will see if she was serious about the offer. I told her she might be able to make some extra money selling the stuff online if she can get the fine details down.

Other than the normal sites that break down 1/6 figures (Toy Anxiety, etc...), does anyone have any links to sites where people make customs 1/6 gear and accept commissions?

You know, the more time I spend over there, the more I appreciate what we have here. I reported a post yesterday that was just blatant racism. :rolleyes:

I think any large forum is gonna have those types of issues, and at least the SSF ones are a bit reigned in by the fact that most who frequent the site are a bit older than those on some others. But that only goes so far, of course. This site is special, but it's also very small and close knit. I remember seeing some conflict/borderline trolling here a few weeks ago and it kind of freaked me out! Thread got closed! That stuff must happen once every hour or so over at SSF, at least.

I think any large forum is gonna have those types of issues, and at least the SSF ones are a bit reigned in by the fact that most who frequent the site are a bit older than those on some others. But that only goes so far, of course. This site is special, but it's also very small and close knit. I remember seeing some conflict/borderline trolling here a few weeks ago and it kind of freaked me out! Thread got closed! That stuff must happen once every hour or so over at SSF, at least.

what was this? must have missed it. are we allowed to talk about it?