UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

starwars_boba_fett_collection.jpg

Here's a video with more angles, and some footage of IG-88. Check out Boba Fett's stand!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/_lib/php/video-generic-player_630x354.php?videoFile=/media/flv/general/1882054002-Backstage_Pass_SW_Bounty_Hunters_FLV.flv&iframe=true&height=450&width=745

Edited by karamazov80

Seriously, how do these people expect us to be able to afford all this stuff?

That is really starting to become the big question right now. The stuff that is coming out is amazing, but at anywhere between $100 and $300 each, your average collector can only afford so much. It makes you wonder if some of these products will go on clearance despite how amazing they are, like the $300 Avatar figure (which I won't be getting, although I would reluctantly spend $300 on Iron Monger).

Yeah, it's getting bad. At least I know I will only be buying the 6 Empire bounty hunters in 1/6 scale. The only 1/6 Star Wars item I currently own is the Han in Carbonite display, and the bounty hunters will go perfectly with that piece! Now that Hot Toys and Sideshow are partnering for Star Wars 1/6, it could have gotten realllllly ugly if I was still a die-hard Star Was collector. However, I am curious to see the Hot Toys Bespin Luke though, that and the X-Wing flight gear may make my change my mind if it were included.

G.I.Joe is going strong, and the prices continue to rise. I will stick with this line until I can't afford them anymore or until the character selection starts getting rediculous. I don't need Barbecue or Bazooka in 1/6 scale.

Avatar was a good movie, but I have zero compulsion to buy any merch, so Sully will be an easy pass for me despite how nice it looks.

For my Marvel collection, now that I have a Mark 4 and Mark 6 Iron Man, I don't need any other variations of him. I would consider picking up the primary villains though (Iron Monger, Doc Ock, Loki, Red Skull, etc).

I will buy any Indiana Jones 1/6 scale that Hot Toys or Sideshow makes, and can't wait to see the final sculpt of Ford for the Hot Toys ROTLA figure. Really hoping to see a Temple of Doom Indy next year. Initially, the $250 price tag on Indy made me hesitant, but after picking up my first HT Iron Man, I decided to go ahead and pre-order.

The only other Hot Toys figure I would pre-order in a heartbeat would be a Schwarzenegger Conan the Barbarian. Hands down, this is my biggest 1/6 "want", and I really think that Hot Toys would do an amazing job.

The Gantry seems a bit much, but I can see where serious IM collectors would want it.

Boba Fett will be mine. IG-88 looks great, but I am trying to stick to the armored guys Imperials. Boba is just one of those must haves.

Collectibles in general are getting a bit crazy. With the economy the way it is, people are surely going to have to cut back on spending. I know I have. I eliminated entire lines and franchises from my collecting because it got to be too expensive.

I think this is the first time HT has given us a straight-up re-release (though the new Batman is pushing it in some ways). They've done 2nd runs, but nothing like this. Interesting.

Bespin Luke's likeness is a bit off, but the BD version looks awesome from this angle:

IMG_9256.JPG

and this one. . .

IMG_9254.JPG

He apparently comes with the antenna:

000140u.jpg

Better pic of Joker:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37154&stc=1&d=1311212001

Also, for K80:

1311204435591.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what does this mean?

Edited by karamazov80

Sideshow has the Gantry and Gantry with MKIV up for pre-order.

Sounds like you can get it by itself for $310, or with the Mark IV for $450. I think it looks amazing, but I was expecting it to be $200 or less. I will have to pass.

Luke, you were close.

The Gantry by itself is $360.

The Gantry and MKIV are $500.

:wacko:

Cripes that is a small fortune!

I would love to see HT release Iron Monger in a similar way - one with Stane and one without, at different price points. I know some people love how a full Stane figure will be included with Monger, but I could care less, and I would rather save some money once he is released.

For some reason the Stealth Mark III doesn't do it for me. It might be the colors, or possibly the older body style. I will have to pass. I might also pass on the Black Spidey. I don't think it would stand out on a shelf very well. My War Machine tends to fade into the background with his muted colors, and this spidey is even darker, with less contrast except for his eyes. Plus I have to weigh him against all of the other awesome-yet-incredibly-expensive HT stuff coming out.

ttBen.jpg

EDIT: He is practically invisible here:

IU2Ct.jpg

I gotta get black suit Spidey...just because it is back suit Spidey.

All my 1/6 figures are currently boxed up anyway, so I'll just add him to the pile.

Do you think Hot Toys would ever pursue traditional 616 Marvel characters/costumes, or do they only stick with movie licenses? I know movie product is their bread & butter, but I would love to see their take on the classic Marvel universe, and characters that might not be big name enough to make it into movies.

Apparently Hot Toys has the license to produce figures based on Marvel Comics, and not just the movies. I think they would test the waters first with more recognizable characters like Wolverine/Spidey/etc, but I could definitely see them expanding into other characters that would fit into their style. I would club a baby seal for a HT comic-based Doctor Doom.