UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the spyware has been removed from the Freaks board? It's about time for me to start obsessing about when my Iron Man Mark V is going to arrive. :)

Also, what do you think the odds are that HT will make a new Thor when The Avengers is released? I'm not crazy about the Thor they already made, but that might be the only Thor we get. With the Avengers, there is already a new Iron Man armor, a new Cap costume, Hawkeye, and possibly Loki. Thor might be too far down on the list, and based on the promo art, he might not get a new costume.

Dave (the admin) hired on an IT security guy to overhaul the site and to rid it of that sort of thing. He said that site should be clean, but others seem to keep having issues. I go on there quite a bit, and haven't had any viruses since about a month and a half ago (I only got one). Don't know if it means anything, but there have been no posts in the "virus protection and functionality" thread since June 11, and Dave said "Should be fine now."

As for Thor, based on that preliminary artwork, I don't think we'll be seeing another version from Avengers. But who knows? Maybe he'll switch costumes at some point in the film. Or maybe a battle damaged version will be released. But I surely wouldn't pass up the guy currently available if you wanted a Thor in your collection. Too risky. If a better one is released later, you can just sell the one out now and probably make a nice little profit in the process. Plus, you can enjoy having this Thor now!

Hot Toys posted some con info on Facebook. The interesting part:

Hot Toys Founder & CEO Mr Howard Chan was also presented at the Press Conference and gave a speech on Hot Toys largest-scale event ever at Ani-Com this year, unveiling the three Toy Fair Exclusive Items: the Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project), and collectible figures from the Batman Begins and Predator 2 movie, all of which will also be available in toy fairs in Singapore, Taiwan and mainland China.

Let the speculation begin! As far as Batman goes, my money is on League of Shadows Bruce.

I hope we'll get Ra's, because I want Batman's entire Rogue's gallery in my collection. Either in suit or in ninja gear. My second preference would be Gordon, but that seems unlikely since they couldn't do him originally due to the likeness issue. But another Bruce seems feasible. Maybe even early training version of Batman. Or, possibly even a re-engineered "original suit" Batman.

I'm just not a fan of this Captain America. I think its because I'm not real fond of the 40's era outfit anyway. Its HT caliber work, but I am not ga-ga over it. My eyes are still on that CR Superman.

Looks like the Begins exclusive is gonna be another 2-pack. Oh, well. Gonna pick it up, of course (photos courtesy of Devil666 on Sideshow Freaks):

hphotosaksnc9.jpg

prso12647389.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I was going to order from someplace else, but I already have some sideshow rewards points to use, and if they are going to throw in free shipping I am in for sure. :)

EDIT: Nevermind I can't cash in reward points and get free shipping on the same order. But factoring in 5% credit in more rewards points along with the free shipping, it will still be just about the cheapest option.

Pic from the Hot Toys shop:

267482_176267112435287_138228759572456_490127_1786324_n.jpg

And they charge $10 for shipping...making it the same price through Sideshow with free shipping.

Plus, Pile O' Loot! However, you can't understate the importance of Sideshow's customer service. Also, if you can find the link :whistling: , this site would get a commission from the Sideshow sale.

Luke, you've gotta let us know if you can start carrying some of these other HT figures.

Here's Cap from the back:

6a853733gw1dihtq9cqyoj.jpg

Honestly, I think I'm equally excited about both Reeve Superman and Cap. Two characters I loved as a kid, made into a couple of the finest, fanciest action figures on the market. Can't wait to get them both!

Edited by karamazov80

And they charge $10 for shipping...making it the same price through Sideshow with free shipping.

Not when you have a pile of loot. I buy most of my stuff from them because of that. So adding this figure is basically free shipping for me.

It's about time for me to start obsessing about when my Iron Man Mark V is going to arrive. :)

I got an email from Sideshow last night that the Flexpay schedule for Mark V has been pushed out to Sept/October, so looks like it is still a few months out, although non-FlexPay items do tend to ship sooner.

Yeah, it looks like it got delayed for some reason. I don't mind too much, as whatever they need to do in order to make the figure perfect is fine by me. The ones I have on preorder right now are him, Spidey, and Cap. I am dangerously close to ordering Thor and Odin.

i need to order spider-man but wondering if it will end up being less on secondary market due to boots. I know alot of people do not like them.

I am dangerously close to ordering Thor and Odin.

Thor - I would say jump on it.

Odin - Not a 'must-have' character and may drop in price.

On a non-Hot Toys note, I picked up the Marvel Studios Daredevil for $30 on eBay, and while nowhere near the quality of Hot Toys, I was pleasently surprised. He stands slightly taller than HT Wolverine (as he should) and doesn't look completely out of place.

daredevil.jpg

I would love to see a HT Daredevil, as I was one of the few that really enjoyed that movie, particularly the Director's Cut.

Has anyone heard if HT is still moving forward with an Iron Monger?