UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think it's a good choice, because he's more visually interesting with the Pred. mask. Trejo would have been cool, as would have the Japanese dude, but either would have just been "mercenary guy," with limited appeal to folks wanting a really interesting looking figure on the shelf. Royce made sense because he was the star of the film, but this would have been the 2nd choice for human release if I was making the decision. And that would be it from that film.

Captain America USO/Rescue version teased:

I really loved that look from the movie. I've resisted getting into 1/6 scale for years now, but after pics of the upcoming Superman and now WW2 Cap... I don't know if I'll be able to hold back any more.

He goes up for pre-order tomorrow at $174.99. This is the version from Empire, I'm sure there will be a Jedi, Holiday Special version, concept version, yadda yadda yadda.

However, IMHO, the version from Empire IS the definitive version, and he will be standing in front of my Han in Carbonite environment as soon as I get him!

Pre-order's tomorrow. Cost for the Ex. will be $175, I think. I would say other versions are likely (Sideshow is likely gonna milk him and Vader like they have troops when all is said and done), but who knows how long you'll have to wait, or how much inflation will jack the prices up on subsequent releases?

You can save up to 10% buying outside of SSC, but. . .if you're concerned with QC, I wouldn't suggest it. Best you'll get is probably a refund.

Edited by karamazov80

The Dude's likeness must not come cheap.

The Tron figure was pretty cheap, as far as HT figures go. . .but then, the likeness on that figure was so horribly bad that maybe they didn't pay at all :lol:

Price is actually not too too bad from where I sit. Still seems way to pricey for me to consider it, but that damn gantry thing (with no figure at all) was $360:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901520

Since Sideshow doesn't appear to be offereing free shipping, the Reward Points you would earn are lost.

I pre-ordered through ALter Ego, cheapest i've found so far:

$431 + $20 shipping = $451 (plus no deposit required and they don't bill you until it ships)

I've never ordered from them before, but I've heard good things on the Freaks forum.

There's no deposit from Alter Ego, but they do charge a fee if you cancel. I've ordered from them 2 or 3 times (pre-ordered Boba from there), and had a fine experience each time.

Edited by karamazov80

Here are the pics:

5WUZ3.jpg

R63fT.jpg

It is quite striking, but like the suit-up gantry, I will probably pass out of money and space concerns. And like yb said, Monger comes first, and he ain't cheap.

Speaking of Monger, I also preordered him through Alter Ego. I had some rewards points built up with them, so he ended up being $445 shipped.

Man I wish Diamond would distribute HT stuff...