UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Has anyone heard if HT is still moving forward with an Iron Monger?

Since they showed unpainted pictures of him at their event late last year, I am guessing he is still coming. I don't think they would show him off at a high profile event unless they were certain to make him. Now that we have seen Cap, Iron Monger is the next figure I am the most curious about. The people who attended the event placed his height at somewhere between 15"-16" tall, so he is going to be absolutely massive, and probably expensive. But unless they really screw up somehow, I will be getting him, and he will be the centerpiece of my IM collection. :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot convince myself to like the Thor figures. They are a big disappointment to me. The Cap figure looks cool, but I am a comics guy and I like the modern comics outfit (pre-death, of course). My only HT pre-order is the CR Superman.

Those Batman figures would seem even less desireable than the Dent figure. You guys really think these will sell?

i need to order spider-man but wondering if it will end up being less on secondary market due to boots. I know alot of people do not like them.

I don't think the boots are gonna affect his popularity much. Ultimately, I think this is gonna be an extremely popular and expensive figure. . .until another, improved version of Spidey comes along.

Those Batman figures would seem even less desireable than the Dent figure. You guys really think these will sell?

Sorry, those were a joke posting. I figure the Begins release will actually be Gordon, Ra's, or some lame Bruce Wayne variant.

i need to order spider-man but wondering if it will end up being less on secondary market due to boots. I know alot of people do not like them.

I don't think the boots are gonna affect his popularity much. Ultimately, I think this is gonna be an extremely popular and expensive figure. . .until another, improved version of Spidey comes along.

And odds are good that the next version of Spidey that HT tackles will most likely be from the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man movie...

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-02.jpg

You got me K80. I didn't realize they were a joke. I don't go to Sideshowfreaks as much as I used to because of the viruses. About 2 weeks ago, I went back and immediately got hammered. I had to rebuild the machine it was so bad. I go back very cautiously.

I got my processing notice for my SDCC Clone Trooper. I really like the SSC armored figures, so far. I don't think it will be long before we see a good Boba Fett, Scout & Snowtrooper.

And odds are good that the next version of Spidey that HT tackles will most likely be from the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man movie...

OMG I forgot about that monstrocity. I'm gonna be sick the rest of the day.

Well, maybe we'll see a symbiote Spidey from 3 first, I'm guessing they don't have Maguire's likeness as there aren't any unmasked portraits included with the announced Spidey? I'd be happy with a non-Maguire Parker portrait for the symbiote version...

Edited by youbastards

I'd take a symbiote version. That would be cool. Also not sure why spidey's wearing shades in the new costume...

FYI, amiami has the Demon Bats/Scarecrow 2-pack for $200 plus shipping (I e-mailed them, and shipping is nearly $80 to me). Very good deal if you haven't picked it up yet, even with the ridiculously high shipping cost.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-KAI-2368&template=default/product/e_display.html

I had two hours of free time last night, so instead of doing the 54 items on my to-do list (booooring ;) ), I decided to start working on my custom Final Battle Iron Man Mark III that I have been planning ever since I got the Mark IV. I am waiting for a few parts to arrive from ebay, but here is a sneak preview:

5bd1f25d.png

Hate that suit a little more every time I see it. Sad that this movie is going to have to work extra hard to be great just to overcome that horrible suit redesign.

A company called Big Chief Studios announced that they will be making 1/6 scale Doctor Who figures. They are starting with the current season, but their license includes the full broadcast history of the show. I have my fingers crossed for a Tom Baker, among others. I am hoping for Sideshow quality on these, but who knows what we will get. Between this and Hot Toy's Spider-Man movie trilogy license, that is 2 figures from my Top 5 that have a very real chance of being made. :)

Wow, he looks fantastic in that shot. Some of the early pics I saw were kind of under-whelming. I guess this is a figure that needs some real "futzing" to look good on the shelf.

preorder placed! Looks like they also toned down the silver webbing too (or maybe it's the lighting). Thanks for the pix luke!

I've got some sideshow pts to use that'll bring this figure down to about $100. I may just do that.

Yeah, that's really something else. Improves significantly on the "OC" Batman. This is as much of a no-brainer for me as Cap or Superman was. Kind of bummed we didn't get Ra's, but hard to complain with this.

Kind of bummed we didn't get Ra's, but hard to complain with this.

You may yet get a chance. Reliable reports put Liam Nieson on the set of the next Batman. Whether they are shooting a flashback scene, or Ras somehow survived is unknown. And while it was stated he "looked exactly as he did in the first one", whether that means he was in his suit and tie, or his ninja gear is unknown.

Sounds good to me! Now just hoping I can pick up this new Batman for retail. . .speculation is that this should be available from Sideshow's site, but no guarantees. And even if it is, there is gonna be a mad scramble to pre-order that's probably gonna overload Sideshow's site. Bah.