UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I'll probably buy one of those if it comes with a Mark I re-release. Otherwise, not particularly interested. Pretty cool for those with the space, though. Talk about milking a license dry.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, it's relative. No Pepper Potts, no Happy Hogan, no Justin Hammer, no Whiplash V.2, no drones, but they've done more for this license (couple of movies) than any other license HT has had.

Also, DX Luke will apparently come with two bodies, which distinguishes him from any other 2-in-1 kind of figure I'm aware of. Given that and the licensing costs, speculation is that the cost will easily be $350, and possibly more:

http://www.hk501st.com/hk501/actions/HTinterview2011/HTinterview2011-index.html

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, as someone who is fairly new to the Hot Toys game, I can appreciate the frustration of re-issues.

However, as someone who has purchased DVD's, Video Games, and Toys for years, I am so used to the mindset of "mine the consumer's wallets dry" with new and updated versions of things I've already purchased, that I am not nearly as surprised/frustrated as a lot of Hot Toys collectors appear to be on Facebook and the Freaks forum. :rolleyes:

If you are curious, there are pics of one of the Mark I bootlegs here.

Also here is a pic of the first figure in the new Doctor Who 1:6 Scale line:

wpnj8.png

More pics and info here.

The quality looks nice, but supposedly he is going to be $220, which seems way too high. Although I shouldn't really be surprised, as most Doctor Who merchandise is overpriced compared to other licenses. I am still on Season 4 (only 3 episodes to go!) so I haven't even gotten to the Smith episodes yet. But as much as I love the new series, I wouldn't spend $220 on a Tennant or Eccleston figure. Now a Tom Baker would be another story...

HT re-releases figures pretty frequently. The new Batman is a re-release (actually the 3rd version of Batman in that costume), the Classic Predator is a re-release, they're re-releasing the Mark II, they've re-released the Mark III once already and will likely do so again since they have a new mold, etc. Though I can relate to some of the frustration myself, it's just Hot Toys' way of doing business. And even though the originals won't be worth what they were at the height of their popularity (Mark I has gone for $500+ in the past), they'll still be worth more than they were at retail in the vast majority of cases. So, if you like the update better, you might consider just re-selling the older one and using the proceeds to pick up the new one. You would probably get more than enough $$ for that purchase, particularly if you sell before the updated version is released.

As for Dr. Who, I was never a fan of that show, but that prototype looks very good. $220 is Hot Toys-level pricing for one of their nicer/more complex figures, though, and does seem high for a very bare bones figure from an untested company that probably won't produce a Hot Toys-quality product. But, I hope it does turn out very nice for fans of the show.

On another note, anyone see Trevor Grove's Marty McFly head sculpts? He's selling them at the moment:

mjf_collage.jpg

bttfpart2.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Due to multiple defects in the Hot Toys Spider-Man costume, I am getting a replacement from Sideshow. They just sent me the following email:

-------------

We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order #RXXXXXXX has been booked for the Spiderman Body only.

Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Upon receipt of your replacement, please destroy your damaged part(s) only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece. ** Please use care and precaution when destroying this piece. We ask that you place the part or parts in a heavy duty trash bag to contain any debris. Once you have placed the part in a bag, please use a hammer to break it into several pieces. DO NOT set fire to your collectible or drop it from a high altitude as this may cause bodily harm to yourself, bystanders, private or public property. We also ask that you protect yourself from flying pieces or shards by wearing eye protection, if possible, as well as proper footwear.

Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item. So please make sure you destroy the item in a safe fashion.

-------------

This is the first time I have had to return something to Sideshow, and was a bit surprised that they are asking me to destroy the figure just because it has some defects. Needless to say, this has gotten my gears turning ;), so if anyone has any "ideas" :yes: please PM me...

Edited by youbastards

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got my replacement Spidey body from Sideshow and it was brand new, still had the plastic around the wrists. No flaws that I can see, so I went ahead and destroyed the defective one and sent them the following picture. I was trying to think of ways to salvage it or preserve the costume, but in the end just decided to destroy it since they took care of me this late into the release of the figure.

I did cut Spidey's mask away, and plan to glue the eyes into place so I can give it to New Goblin to hold, and I plan to re-purpose the body for my Sideshow Snake-Eyes once I figure out how to make the feet/boots compatible, they used a different lower leg/foot than in standard Hot Toys figures.

Luke - I will send you the wrist peg you need this weekend. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that Supes is amazing and Indy's a stunt double. There is a youtube video where you can see the hatted head if interested. As for the Spidey. . .I hope you can salvage those knee and elbow joints. They can come in handy in the future. I've had more than one knee joint snap due to some weak plastic I guess.

I'm sure those of us that frequent the Freaks board have already seen these, but I'm posting them for the members here that don't go to that page or haven't been following the Hot Toys Indy fiasco.

These pictures have convinced me to go forward with picking up this release, hoping that maybe one day we get a really good headsculpt that I can swap out.

IndianaJoness2.jpg

p1_1_bg.jpg

IndianaJones02.jpg

about-indiana-jones-42.jpg

31639510.jpg

Golden_Idol_grab.jpg

Edited by youbastards