UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc, I'm telling you, I was shocked he did that after reading his stellar feedback record. I guess he was having a bad day, or something. :)

We all have bad days but a deal is a deal & the guy loses the moral high ground the moment he chooses to sell to someone else. Even if the 48 hours had passed (which it didn't) he could easily have given you a final "Hey man pay up or f*ck off" nudge .

Shoot man, you can get nearly any Medicom Marvel character for less than that :lol:

On second thought, I guess those are 1/7th scale or so. . .

That, plus all the negative feedback I've seen about extremely fragile bodies pretty much keep me away from anything Medicom. Not that HT is perfect. I've had a few broken knee joints here and there, but the Medicoms seem to fall apart if you look at them too hard.

So true. The guy is ridiculous, and if you find yourself on osw any time soon, it's worth checking the couple posts in his feedback thread. He basically admits that if you want to buy from him you'd better pay before the next guy or you're out of luck. :D

Oh, with all the fun I think I forgot to mention I got my Black Widow in the mail. As is the norm, online pics don't do her justice. She does need a boob job, though. I just don't know if I have the courage to attempt it. Given my "skills" I'll most likely leave her as is.

The head sculpt is awesome, and looks sooo much better than it looks in pics. I would have liked sculpted hair, like Abigail Whistler, but looking at how much she has I'm not sure they could have done it properly if they sculpted it. As we already knew would be the case, the suit is very restricting. I can get some decent arm movement, but not much with the legs without feeling like I'm going to mess something up.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with her. She's definitely the hottest action figure I own. :)

Edited by minivenom

Hot Toys announcement:

40725_443327727343_58690437343_5701011_6

Consensus is that the first is Matrix, the 2nd is Beat It Michael Jackson, and the 3rd is Ninja Turtles. Do the plus signs actually mean anything? Could the 3rd image refer to a highly desired 1989 iteration of said character? Does the first mean actual Matrix figures? Guess we'll find out on the 25th.

Michael Jackson is never going to be in my collection. The Matrix would be a cool license for HT to do, but I'm not interested in having Keanu in my collection either. Another Batman? Maybe...

My nostalgia for early 80s MJ is more powerful than my pity and disgust at what he became later in his career. Anything from the Thriller period is just about an instant buy for me.

I wanna say I could pass on Matrix, too, but I'm sure that pictures of the prototype will make me wanna buy. Neo and Agent Smith, anyway. Maybe Morpheus and Trinity, too (assuming no rooted hair!!). The crappy sequels sometimes make us forget how awesome and ground-breaking that first film really was, IMO.

There are only a few possibilities for Hot Toys Batman that would turn me off. I might even be interested in Schumacher Clooney Bats, though I'm fairly confident it will be Keaton.

Edited by karamazov80

Anything from the Thriller period is just about an instant buy for me.

Except this perhaps http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-Cosbaby-Micha...=item3f03546b88

You can put my name forward for the real Batman & the real Joker & thence the Penguin & .......Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman :wub: . Just thinking about those two movies is enough to make me feel thirty years younger :biggrin:

What a time.....

Seriously though ,I'd buy them in a shot !

Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman :wub:

Not licensed, but. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Custom-made-CatWom...=item43a279ee7a

And I do think the Matrix characters are a bit boring-looking. But I think an awesome Keanu sculpt and all the gear from the assault on the "Agent's" building could win me over.

Edited by karamazov80

I've got one MJ figure, and that's good enough for me. I'm not overly interested in the Matrix figures, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be super tempted to buy Neo, Morpheus, and Agent Smith.

I also seem to be one of the only toy collectors alive who thinks that the Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney Batman films were all garbage, so I won't be interested in most of what they could offer there. The only figure I think I would buy would be Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Aside from that, my wallet is safe. Christian Bale's Batman is the definitive live action Batman for me.

Now, if we're talking about an Adam West Batman, I'm in. :D

I also seem to be one of the only toy collectors alive who thinks that the Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney Batman films were all garbage, so I won't be interested in most of what they could offer there.

You're not alone. All 3 horrible IMO. I do think Keaton gave it his best try. The other two phoned it in. Clooney is a horrible actor IMO.

Now, if we're talking about an Adam West Batman, I'm in. :D

I'd be all over it. There have been a few amazing Adam West Batman customs over the years, but always very pricey.

I agree that Keaton was the best of the worst. Up until Batman Begins came out, whenever someone who knew I was a huge Batman fan would ask me which was my favorite movie, I always answered "Mask of the Phantasm." :D

Still is the best Batman movie I saw at the theater ;)

I think an Adam West Bats would just look awesome on the shelf, whereas a Keaton Bats would like a bit bland. I am not a huge fan of the Burton Bats films, and was too old when they were released to have nostalgia for it, but I still enjoy watching the first film from time to time, and would definitely be happy to add Keaton Bats to the collection.

The Batman TV Series & the Batman (89) movie mean so very much more to me than the latest stuff which obviously I still think is marvelous.

'Memorabilia' is a word which all of us use yet very rarely think about its literal meaning. Memorabilia evokes memories........... "What's afoot, Batman?" "12inches Robin" would define the late sixties Batman to me whilst Keaton's Batman reminds me of a very good time with very good ...er..um....er... company :wub:

Sam,the Catwoman isn't quite Halle :whistling: & not quite Michelle :no:

Edited by buttheadsmate