UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Pshaw. Do you really want to sell to that clown? Look at those beady eyes.

Personally, I fight for freedom wherever there's trouble. And back in my day, that counted for something.

Edited by karamazov80

*shoots blue lasers in Venom's general direction, missing broad side of barn in process*

Say, last I checked, Cobras produce venom. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Okay, I've had her out and played with her for a while, and I really and truly can live without the T-1000 head, so I'm 100% gona sell it. As far as the figure goes, it's great, the detailing is superb, and the real skin is amazing. However, I think I am now done with 1/6th scale, unless I can find a Leonidias cheap or SSC comes out with Lady Jaye. Beyond that, I've had it. This line just doesn't do it for me. I can get the accessories and articulation and attention to detail with Figmas, and best of all those are cheaper and they have facial expressions that change. There's nothing wrong with 12" figures, but I've tried enough of them now to know that they are not my cup of tea. I can safely write them off my list and put my efforts into Minimates and Figmas, where they should be.

Also, apparently $65 shipped for my T-1000 head was under the mark, if anything. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Well, a couple things you should take note of. First, the seller probably had to pay about $10 in fees to sell that on eBay. Plus, there weren't many of those available on their own on eBay yet, so that probably influenced the price. Having said that, I do think those will get reasonably scarce and price will go up once T-1000 is released.

I just got that head on Toy Anxiety for $50. Minivenom, there were still 3 in stock last I checked.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on Firefly late last week. . .but I hesitated, and, well, it actually turned out for the best because I spent the money on something much much rarer and possibly cooler. I will share pics when it arrives :)

So what you meant to say was, he who hesitates gets something much cooler? :)

Actually, I'm in a similar situation. I didn't have the money last night to purchase the T-1000 head, because I bought a Sideshow exclusive Snake Eyes from another collector for $140 shipped! I emptied my bank account to get it, and had some money go in this morning, but I missed out on the head in the process. Landing that Snake Eyes at that price, and the exclusive at that, takes the sting off of missing the donut head. :)

I should have my Sideshow Exclusive Firefly when I get home from work today! :)

Hope to see some pics. I know there were a lot of haters, but I really like Firefly's look. I didn't preorder him because I was really turned off to the prometheus body, but if it's like Duke's revamped body, it's a winner.

That is a good price for Exc. Snake-Eyes!

I've been able to score all of the exclusive GIJoe SSC figures, and they consistently get better with each release. I'm really hoping Destro and Zartan go up for pre-order soon. I know SSC has said they are trying to perfect the 'color-change' effect for Zartan, so I have a feeling he'll be 2011.

My dream list for SSC GIJoes is:

- Destro

- Zartan

- Classic Snake-Eyes

- Helmet Cobra Commander

- Gung-Ho

- Roadblock

- Baroness

- Scarlett

As long as those get produced, I'll be a happy man!

Zartan is the most essential, unannounced Joe character for me. I think Destro, helmet CC, and classic Snake Eyes are inevitable, and would consider buying them all. But personally, I think Snow Job could make an excellent figure.

As for spending, I was selling like mad trying to save up for a Hulk PF, and then realized that folks were getting a bit ridiculous on the eBay bidding (last auction went for over $900 with near $100 shipping), so I decided to wait for a better deal ($800 shipped is my ceiling). But since I had all that money, I had to spend it, right? So, $500 spent later, here I sit. . .wondering why I am never able to have enough money saved for that statue. It is indeed a mystery.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm almost certain I read a Q&A and sideshow said they were definitely going to make a classic SE. I'd buy that one too. When I was a kid and collected 3.75" Joes, classic Snake Eyes was my very first figure. It was before the swivel bicep. Man, I loved that figure. :)

Zartan is probably my most anticipated figure. I always loved the look of the character, even though they made him a huge wimp in the cartoon. Then again, what villain wasn't? I remember Quick Kick whipping Storm Shadow once. That's not even right.

So far, I have Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Duke. I've seen some of the Cobra troopers ending for pretty low amounts on ebay, and I'll want to get one or two of those. Just gotta get the money to do it. The GI Joe line is definitely the best thing Sideshow has going, in my opinion.

$500 later, K? I'm looking forward to seeing this. I can never save for anything either. I always manage to find something else that I just have to have. :)

Edited by minivenom

WOW! That's a super rare find. And the Wrestling DVDs! I totally see why you would skip out on Firefly for those. :)

Seriously though, that is NOT the DCD Rorschach. I know Hot Toys didn't make him. Did another company make this, or is it a really nice custom? Looks great, btw.