UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I almost got burned mistaking a "snap kit" Hicks for the 1/6 figure. I've also noticed "1/6 kits" and "1/6 poseable models" on ebay especially with the Predators and Aliens.

Is there a way to know for sure that I'm looking at a 1/6 Hot Toys FIGURE and not a model of some sort? What are the differences?

Thanks, guys!

Anyone? :lol:

If you look right below this original post K80 explained a way to tell the difference.

If you look at the pictures it's not hard to tell the difference between the 3 3/4" and 12" figures.

The smaller figures are all plastic, armor and clothing, and all.

The 12" figures have cloth uniforms and better looking headsculpts

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I, uh, tried to answer you :ermm:

:lol: I must've glossed right over it to look at the Bat-Shelf! Sorry, K!

On topic, it's looking like the DX Joker will be easing the pain of turning another year older next month. It will be my first Hot Toys figure. I can't wait!

Only a few days after opening Batman, my BD Iron Man arrived in the mail! It was the sideshow exclusive version, so it came with the little crushed Iron man head, which will be nice to have if they ever make an Iron Monger. The detail on this figure is amazing, and I love all of his extra pieces. The only downside is that he is harder to pose than my other HT figures. The shoulder pads get in the way sometimes, and the lack of ab joints hurts too. Those of you who are getting the Mark IV won't have to worry about that. I will take some pictures of him tomorrow.

Finances permitting when he is released, I intend to use a Mark IV as the HT Iron Man for my collection.

Though to veer a bit off-topic, I have recently been strongly considering this instead. . .

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&a...ef=listing-page

As much as I prefer the Classic Iron Man "look," this might be the coolest Iron Man collectible I've ever seen due to the iconic pose. And the movie Iron Man is similar enough to comic incarnations to fit alongside other comic PFs/comiquettes, IMO. Since they are over-producing this statue (2,800!), I'm sure it will be available sub-retail.

Well, I got outbid on the Hot Toys Alien warrior that I was going for on ebay. But I got really lucky on the Sideshow Freaks board. So I now am going to own the Same figure and it even has the facehugger with it. And I paid ALOT less than I would have, would I have won the auction. So 2 of my 1/6th holy grails are now marked off of the list :D

I am still so into my Leonidas that I haven't even paid much attention to any other figures. I really like Leo, but I worry about the rubber skin. I never bought any of the Alien(s) figures mostly because of the rubber tears happening around joints.

Still hoping I can get a "Gort" Guardian Predator and the Sideshow Blue Clone Trooper. Have the DX Bats come in Luke?

Doc, did you buy from the guy in Greece? I was considering a purchase from him but his prices are crazy low and he is far away. Know something I don't?

Doc, did you buy from the guy in Greece?

greaseDM2303_468x460.jpg

I dunno. Looks shady to me.

BTW, where's the picture of gladiator kicking Blade, Harley? I guess he chickened out when he realized that Blade would shove that foot right up Leo's rear.

I tend to agree, but 2 things to keep in mind:

1) It has an MSRP of $50. For that price, an 18 inch, fully articulated toy with cloth outfit and (presumably) several weapons isn't a bad value in this day and age, even if the figure doesn't look all that great. Compare to the 6 inch, fully sculpted He-Man figures going for $20 ($30 after shipping).

2) DST sucks at creating promotional photos. They just do. I suspect that the actual production version will look better, as tends to be the case with Minimates :D

And unless I'm mistaken, I think this guy is roughly 1/4 scale, so he would be in-scale with some Sideshow PFs.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, Shane. Luke got the DX Batman. I ordered mine from him and received it last week.

Awesome figure, terrible articulation. The suit is so restrictive, I kind of wish HT had cheated a little to give us some functional hip and shoulder movement. Oh well. Still a crazy cool figure.

I am still so into my Leonidas that I haven't even paid much attention to any other figures. I really like Leo, but I worry about the rubber skin. I never bought any of the Alien(s) figures mostly because of the rubber tears happening around joints.

Keep me posted on how that goes.

Man, I got the SDCC Baroness from last year. An AMAZING 1/6th scale figure from Hasbro. They really took it up a notch. The head articulation is a little iffy though.

Also, I think I may have scored a Cy Girl Ash figure I've been hunting.

Well, as some of you have read in some of my earlier posts, I was able (with the help of Andymini) to procure one of my 1/6th holy grails in the Character Options 12 inch Doctor Who figure. I took it out of the box and lo and behold! Character options body is a piece of shit. The joints were so loose that the figure coudn't even stand up straight with the help of a stand. I have read that the bodies had these problems, so I had to come up with a solution.

I first tried using a Hot Toys TrueType standard nude figure. Unfortunately the clothing didn't fit too well as the true-types is a little too muscular. So I then tried a chinese knock-off body that I had laying around. The clothing fit alittle bit better as that body is a little thinner and has narrow shoulders. unfortunately it is also quite a bit taller than a standard nude figure. So what did I do??????

I found a Hot Toys Slim nude figure that I had hidden away.

The clothing fit PERFECTLY!!!!

Now the only problem I had left was the headsculpt. The neck adapter wouldn't fit any of the nudes that I had.

So I went about attempting to take the adapter off of the head.

Boiling water helped, but the fuckwits at C O also glued the head onto the adapter. The adapter is also in 2 pieces and connected together. MORE FUN!!!!

After cutting, using needle nosed pliers, cursing and prying for about 30 minutes I was finally able to get the adapter out.....well, get the pieces that remained anyway. The adapter is made out of crappy softer plastic so it tore into many pieces as I attempted my home surgery.

Finally getting the adapter off yielded another issue. I needed another adapter to put the head onto. So I scrounged an extra Hot Toys neck adapter from another headsculpt that I had.

It fit perfectly. I then went about putting it all together. I am extremely happy that I was able to get the figure, and even happier that I was able to switch out the body.

I will try to take some pics of the new Doctor a little later.

As well as take some pics of King Leo kicking the shyte out of Blade.

Thanks for reading my 1/6th novel.

It's actually better than my sequel to the Bible!!!! (not really)

Check out my acid-scarred DX Batman!

SDC11984-1.jpg

:angry:

So far, Hot Toys customer service doesn't seem interested in giving me a replacement. Bummer.

Edited by karamazov80

I actually didn't care about him having a shiny abs area, since the belt covered part of it, and it wasn't all that noticeable to me. But I do care when it eats away at the damn rubber underneath. WTF? And the impression I'm getting is that Hot Toys won't want to replace him. In which case, I'll have to start "bombarding" their Facebook page if I want to get it replaced, apparently. Sad.

And you are right, manufacturing defects might be cheaper to deal with with a $7 2-pack. But personally, I hardly sweat Minimate defects. Who cares? They are $3 toys. But with a Hot Toys figure? That will make you care.