UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally, Monkey Depot, who is being very cryptic their about chances of actually getting them. I may order from a Chinese Ebayer with as much protection as I can get, just to hold out hope. I feel a little dirty hoping this gets made even is the License holder doesn't approve it.

That Falcon looks awesome. But, I sold my Saves Punisher, War Machine, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye already. . .so basically, all the second and third stringers in my collection. Falcon just doesn't make the cut.

Originally, Monkey Depot, who is being very cryptic their about chances of actually getting them. I may order from a Chinese Ebayer with as much protection as I can get, just to hold out hope. I feel a little dirty hoping this gets made even is the License holder doesn't approve it.

Yeah, I've allowed myself to justify buying unlicensed figures for a long while now (they are really the core of my collection), but I certainly don't begrudge the licensor for doing what they need to, and I can definitely see it from their POV. In some ways, it's theft of intellectual property, and how different is that from other forms of piracy? You can defend it as artistic expression, or in some cases satire or whatever. Andy Warhol seemed to get away with it, and in fact, folks can be sued for illegally copying Warhol's unlicensed pop art! But I'm no philosopher or lawyer, and at the end of the day, I don't think my collecting habits are detrimental to the companies owning the rights to the characters my figures represent, so I don't worry much about that personally.

Looks good, and you can't go wrong with Trev's sculpts, of course. For those who don't know, he did basically all the Firefly guys years back, and this seems to be that same sculpt he did years ago. I attempted to put together my own Mal bash way back when, but decided against it after the outfit guy didn't respond to e-mails for months. This one looks better here, though these are obviously of a prototype. I'll keep my eye on this one. I would like a Mal.

Edited by karamazov80

My Iron Patriot is supposed to come tomorrow, I'm glad I held off cancelling it over this past year. It'll be my first die cast HT figure so I'm looking forward to having it in hand. The pics people have posted of it look amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to know there are at least plans to do all those guys. Now, just to see if the movie is worth a damn. I'll probably pass on those myself though, because my comic collection is being restricted to the heavy hitters, but damn if a HT Rocket Raccoon won't be tempting.

The rooted hair is such an annoyance. Maybe on Gamora it will pass, but with the Widows we have got, her hair is barely if at all longer than Thor, Loki and Bucky. Rant over!

Will likely get Groot and Rocket. I wonder if they will be a 2 pack.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely an odd choice to have an aggressive mouth and docile eyes, though this was evident in the solicitation pics. PS jobs putting the civilian Rogers from the 2-pack on that body look really good, though. And the figure can apparently be significantly improved with a body swap--the stock version has huge, unrealistic trap muscles, even for Evans, that contribute to the awkward look of the figure.