UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

so not sure if it was posted here, but hottoys got the rights to starwars now

also i still think that arkham city bats will be my first hottoys figure...if I dont cave on the GOTG

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did see the Marvel announcement/shots. I was initially very excited about brown Wolvie, but the weird costume changes and face are making me think twice about it. I guess they're getting the same "interpretive" treatment that GI Joe received. In general, I just don't have much for anything SSC is doing 1/6-scale-wise. I might get the Hoth Han and Luke if the production versions are good, though.

Regarding the HT Star Wars license, the big difference between Bespin Luke and the new announcement is that before, HT was piggybacking on SSC's license, and SSC was no doubt getting a cut of their sales. Now, it looks like they've cut out the middle man, so HT may not be hamstrung by SSC having to approve what they're doing, or getting a cut. I personally wonder if the onslaught of recent classic Star Wars stuff from SSC isn't related to this, as if they're trying to capitalize on what profits they can still make before HT starts really raining on their parade.

Apparently Gordon and Blake will come with the rusty Bat-Signal.

Edited by karamazov80

I think the body and tattooing on Drax looks great, but the face needs some emotion. Glad they didn't go with the rubber arms for Drax.

Pratt looks good, but the headphones are the wrong color.

Drax does look a little scrawny, when compared to Bautista. Looks like they didn't create a new body, but adapted an existing one?

drax-movie.png

His arms need to slouch more, too,

Not sure what's up with the Decepticon parts on Prime, was he known for taking trophies of his victims? laugh.png

Edited by youbastards

-Gamora and Drax are meh to bad. The other 3 though look phenomenal. I may just buy Star-Lord and the combo pack, and wait either for the price to drop tremendously on the other two, or buy them when GotG 2 comes out.

-Is Prime diecast? If yes, he's going to cost a pretty penny.

It does look good.

Any idea on price of MKIII? I may use SSC points and get him. I want at least one good movie TM figure.

Here are the prices:

ge3965dab.jpg

SSC US prices will probably be marked up, but according to that, Marty should be about $185 in Hong Kong, Mark III would be $255, and Prime would be $280. Maybe estimate a 10-15% markup over that?

My first was technically a custom Beetlejuice I made, but that's gone now. This will be the second (or third if Aliens version comes out first), though I plan on doing sculpted hair to replace it.

FYI, if anyone pre-ordered the battle damaged T1 T-800, today SSC is giving triple rewards points on certain Terminator items (including that one). You can use it along with the coupon code COMICCON14 to get basically $55 off.

Yeah, Gamera looks pretty great to me. Batista's body seems a bit off, though.

Because collectors like to pose them with their pretty Barbie dolls, brush and style their hair, etc. . .an aside, my daughter recently got a Rapunzel doll from Disney, and brushed her hair so much that it looks so raggedy and messed up :lol: I hope I can resist the temptation to do the same with Ripley.