UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I just talked to my distributor about the Art Figures Heavy Armored Special Cop (Dredd) figure. I feel even dirtier now. He said the boxes, paperwork and figure parts are all being shipped separately, to be assembled here in the USA. This is to get them past US Customs. Figure is expected to ship out to customers mid-July.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I've never bought a figure under such shady terms. I seriously am wondering if I will attach a stigma to this figure or just get over it. Short run custom figures are one thing, but this particular figure has drawn a lot of unwanted attention.

That seems to be the case. Considering we've already had 3 different traditional Jokers, I guess this one was due for an update. But the original figure was pretty good, and stood up in almost every department with newer figures (possibly an exception for the head paint work). I'm wondering if they'll include a newer sculpt folks can use with their DX figures.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, I feel like I made a mistake in selling my BR Joker a long time ago. He quickly hit the $300+ mark and I wasn't willing to go there. Now maybe I can add one back to my collection. I just want him in the mask.

HT showed off the prototypes for each of these. I'm tempted by the Iron Man because he looks like he's a Saints mascot. Joker reuses the sculpt initially used with BR Joker, but with presumably better paint apps resembling JC Hong's workup that had people drooling in 2008 or so. Predator is apparently from both a flashback in AvP, and some super dark scene where you can't even see what's going on from AvP2 (though I guess that could refer to every scene in the movie).

7mKT310.jpg

2ifTr0B.jpg

X1QmJsg.jpg

XcMX6RU.jpg

Funny Sam, I was thinking the same thing about the MKXX. Go Saints! The BR Joker is great, but I am mostly hoping it will bring down prices of the V1.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I mean. A whole different head and hands would seem pretty important to have if you were a fan of that character IMO. I doubt anyone would buy him without Rocky anyway, though I can imagine some folks wanting just Rocky.

I'm likely going to the 2-pack but I wish Rocket came with a neutral sculpt as well. I kinda think we'll see another version of him though since the original teaser showed his prison outfit as well.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, if nothing else as a means of better recouping investment in that new body. On SSF folks are talking about a 5 pack. To me, that sounds insane, but I would love to see it. On another note, check out this awesome Steve McQueen figure recently shown off (from a company called Star Ace that is also doing Harry Potter figures):

steve1.JPG
steve_face.JPG
steve_mcq.JPG
Edited by karamazov80

Not sure why I think it, but that sculpt would look great on a Captain America body. Especially the rescue or USO cap.

I do quite want Rocket and Groot, but I really don't like Rockets facial expression. He looks too mean. Might see if a different one is released as rumored.