UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally took the financial plunge on these things -- just got a Stormtrooper in the mail, and I got the new Artoo a few weeks back. I'd really only seen sixth scale figures in photos before and they are pretty awesome in hand, but I'm not sure if I'll get many more. I do have a Ben Kenobi on preorder, and if they ever make a great Endor Leia and Wicket I'd grab those for sure. I was thinking of getting the upcoming C-3PO too, but they put lights into the eyes and I'd hate having him in a "switched off" look all the time.

I agree about Gamora. An incredible job with the likeness and outfit. I always thought the DX Joker was a hard sculpt to top, but they keep me amazed.

I got my Star-Lord yesterday!

I picked up the Orb & handcuffs off eBay, so he's complete. :D

Anyone have any idea how to make his light-orb light up? It seems weird they didn't figure that out themselves.

I also got the 1/4 potted Baby Groot. He's beautiful, but man, is he tiny for being as expensive as he is. I was hoping for something a little bigger for $45. confused.gif

There are a couple of pretty good coupons you can use at Sideshow right now:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/promotions/our-way-of-saying-thanks

use STAR20 for these:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/promotions/marvel-collectibles-on-sale

(just be sure to use the forum link from the bottom of the page if you are going to buy!)

I ordered the Man of Steel and was pretty surprised to get an email saying that I am getting a free Jor El too. Does Sideshow often do that kind of thing, or have these just been selling that poorly?

There are a couple of pretty good coupons you can use at Sideshow right now:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/promotions/our-way-of-saying-thanks

use STAR20 for these:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/promotions/marvel-collectibles-on-sale

(just be sure to use the forum link from the bottom of the page if you are going to buy!)

I ordered the Man of Steel and was pretty surprised to get an email saying that I am getting a free Jor El too. Does Sideshow often do that kind of thing, or have these just been selling that poorly?
Sweet! SSC does do these things from time to time, but it is due to the giveaway being such a poor seller. Seems to me they could make more money by just discounting those things to 50-75% off or something, but I guess they have a strategy.

I have never been given anything with my SSC orders, other than once getting a calendar. I have won a couple of items during the annual Spooktacular, but not in the last three years. It is awfully nice of them to do such a thing, IMO.

It does look really damn good, but. . .to pay $250 for a character you see in that form for probably 2 minutes in the movie, who just stands there looking creepy and making a speech or whatever would be pretty hard for me to justify. Of course, Doc Brown is not a foregone conclusion as a figure, but every minor variation of Ultron is. *sigh*

It does look really damn good, but. . .to pay $250 for a character you see in that form for probably 2 minutes in the movie, who just stands there looking creepy and making a speech or whatever would be pretty hard for me to justify. Of course, Doc Brown is not a foregone conclusion as a figure, but every minor variation of Ultron is. *sigh*

I'm still waiting for the damn Ripley preorder, but we have had 15 Iron Men up for order in the span of time.

I'd get Ultron, but for 250, I could get a figure with 3 guns, 2 staves, a bodysuit, and eletro shock gloves.

Ultron has only one accessory, and it's really useless. Maybe he'll go on sale

Thanks Ten smile.png

thumbsup.gif

Repeating in case no one saw:

Anyone have any idea how to make his light-orb light up? It seems weird they didn't figure that out themselves.

Also, anyone here do any kind of customization? This is only my fourth figure like this, and I wanna make the headphone earpieces orange like they're supposed to be, and add the silver stripe to the Walkman. Would my Citadel acrylic paints be good enough?