UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

You Know What Would Have Been Awesome?!

The Vox

B)

As I sit back and reflect on the awesomeness that was the TRU surprise, complete with Stealth Iron Man Movie Version,

I can not help but dream of what it would be like to have another surprise hit us this week with a DC box set!

I know DC is dead.. but a man can dream..

Kyle Rayner with a Santa Hat

Alan Scott with a see through green flame attachment

The Atom with a minimate hand sized version of himself to shrink to

Black Canary with swap out black wig

with a big ol' Doomsday in the center with boney protrusions going everywhere..

Now imagine walking around the corner in a Toys R Us and having that puppy staring you in the face.

:) ha ha, i'm in such a good minimate mood, I'm letting my mind wander a bit today..

Vox

B)

As I sit back and reflect on the awesomeness that was the TRU surprise, complete with Stealth Iron Man Movie Version,

I can not help but dream of what it would be like to have another surprise hit us this week with a DC box set!

I know DC is dead.. but a man can dream..

Kyle Rayner with a Santa Hat

Alan Scott with a see through green flame attachment

The Atom with a minimate hand sized version of himself to shrink to

Black Canary with swap out black wig

with a big ol' Doomsday in the center with boney protrusions going everywhere..

Now imagine walking around the corner in a Toys R Us and having that puppy staring you in the face.

:) ha ha, i'm in such a good minimate mood, I'm letting my mind wander a bit today..

Vox

There are 2 things that would make sense as DC if they were to bring it back now:

The Dark Knight

Watchmen.

Now a Watchmen box set, who wouldn't want that?

Rorschach

Dr. Manhattan

Ozymandius

Nite Owl

Silk Spectre

Comedian

Yes I know it's six figures but it's been done before and we absolutely need six to do it right.

As for The Dark Knight, lets assume six here too:

Batman (with parts to chage him into Bruce Wayne.)

Joker (with parts to turn into Nurse Joker)

Harvey Dent (with parts to turn into Two-Face)

Gordon

Alfred

Can't decide between Lucius Fox and Rachel. Time for a Two-Face moment (meaning I flip a coin.) Heads Lucuis, tails Dawes. Heads. Fox takes this position.

Kick ass?

There are 2 things that would make sense as DC if they were to bring it back now:

The Dark Knight

Watchmen.

Now a Watchmen box set, who wouldn't want that?

Rorschach

Dr. Manhattan

Ozymandius

Nite Owl

Silk Spectre

Comedian

Yes I know it's six figures but it's been done before and we absolutely need six to do it right.

As for The Dark Knight, lets assume six here too:

Batman (with parts to chage him into Bruce Wayne.)

Joker (with parts to turn into Nurse Joker)

Harvey Dent (with parts to turn into Two-Face)

Gordon

Alfred

Can't decide between Lucius Fox and Rachel. Time for a Two-Face moment (meaning I flip a coin.) Heads Lucuis, tails Dawes. Heads. Fox takes this position.

Kick ass?

Nah, it has to be Rachel. AA needs an excuse to give batman his love interest. :biggrin:

And no Watchmen minimates make me cry. :(

Nah, it has to be Rachel. AA needs an excuse to give batman his love interest. :biggrin:

Remember though, Fox was much more present in The Dark Knight which I believe subconciously influenced my coin. Rachel

dies halfway through

whereas Fox was there throughout and played an important role in the final fight against Joker.

Plus, who'd want a Maggie Gyllenhaal (the impossible to spell) over Morgan Freeman (the possible to spell). think of the custom possibilities! Shawshank Redemption! Bruce Almighty (oh come on, you know you want a God minimate.)! Wanted! Se7en! Whereas Maggie, well, the best movie you could make out of her is The Dark Knight or Donnie Darko.

Now do you think Fox should get that spot?

How about a five pack of Teen Titans-

Speedy

Kid Flash

Aqualad

Wondergirl

Terra

Yes. I might switch out Terra with a Beast Boy, but. . .whoever would make this decision would be my all-time favorite person in the world, period. . .after Jim Henson, of course.

Remember though, Fox was much more present in The Dark Knight which I believe subconciously influenced my coin. Rachel

dies halfway through

whereas Fox was there throughout and played an important role in the final fight against Joker.

Plus, who'd want a Maggie Gyllenhaal (the impossible to spell) over Morgan Freeman (the possible to spell). think of the custom possibilities! Shawshank Redemption! Bruce Almighty (oh come on, you know you want a God minimate.)! Wanted! Se7en! Whereas Maggie, well, the best movie you could make out of her is The Dark Knight or Donnie Darko.

All right, now I'm convinced. :biggrin:

But I still think we need more girl minimates. I guess DC could always try a Birds of Prey box set...

dies halfway through

Nope; i was thinking the Painted Man from Robin Hood!! ;)

I would have been all over a Dark Knight set, especially for Two-face, Alfred, and a Nurse Joker. Yep, not just Mr. J, but Mr. J cross-dressing. ;)

Don't you think that phrasing it like this

Negates the purpose of this

Rachel

dies halfway through

How so? It's not explicitly revealed what happens to Rachel. For all you know, she could have

just moved away from Gotham

Bruce Almighty (oh come on, you know you want a God minimate.)!

ONLY if I could find a mini sized mop and bucket to recreate the scene where he is mopping that warehouse with Bruce. Oddly my favorite scene in the whole movie...I dunno why... :blush:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Rachel

dies halfway through

How so? It's not explicitly revealed what happens to Rachel. For all you know, she could have

Where? To

heaven

?

I'm pretty sure she was

blown up

Vig

Rachel

dies halfway through

Where? To

heaven

?

I'm pretty sure she was

blown up

Vig

I KNOW what happened. I'm just saying that the second one COULD have happened. If someone didn't see TDK, they wouldn't know if she had done one or the other unless they read the spoilers. I'm just arguing my point against minimadman.

Rachel

dies halfway through

Where? To

heaven

?

I'm pretty sure she was

blown up

Vig

I KNOW what happened. I'm just saying that the second one COULD have happened. If someone didn't see TDK, they wouldn't know if she had done one or the other unless they read the spoilers. I'm just arguing my point against minimadman.

Oh come on. Let's shelve the righteous indignation and live in the real world for a moment. No one would read that sentence and think she would have

the first conclusion drawn by any rational person would be that she is

deader than fried chicken

Fox, Rachel, it doesn't matter either way. Scarecrow is the obvious choice for the sixth slot in a Batman movie themed pack.

Maybe for Batman Begins. For the Dark Knight, three minutes just doesn't cut it for me. Both Fox an Rachel were in there longer than him.

As much as I would agree about Morgan Freeman. I do have to add that because we already have a Mary McDonnell Minimate, a Maggie would make it that much easier to custom a Donnie Darko set. Fox should get the spot though.

• 1 month later...
Fox, Rachel, it doesn't matter either way. Scarecrow is the obvious choice for the sixth slot in a Batman movie themed pack.

Maybe for Batman Begins. For the Dark Knight, three minutes just doesn't cut it for me. Both Fox an Rachel were in there longer than him.

Yeah, but Scarecrow looks cooler...

The Kubrick Batman Begins Scarecrow, who I recently acquired, is one easily in my top 10 of Kubricks. He looks awesome. Who would want a Rachel Dawes Minimate, anyway?

Edited by karamazov80

Who would want a Rachel Dawes Minimate, anyway?

I would. Put Katie's likeness on one face of the noggin and Maggie's on the other. I'd have bought any and all Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Minimates offered. Mobsters, corrupt officials, GCPD, random pedestrians... I don't care. Whatever gets me a Joker in nurse disguise and all the other characters they should have offered.

Goddamned billion dollar movie but no Minimates. What the hell. :angry:

I would've bought any and all DC comics minimates they'd released and very likely most of the movie Batman ones too.

LOUSY.

Me too. Why do we continue to pour salt in our OWN wound with threads like these? Did I want more DC mates? Hell Yes!! Would I have bought multiple sets of Batman Begins and Dark Knight mates? Hell Yes!! Would I like Watchmen movie mates? Hell Yes!! Why must we continue to remind ourselves of things that we could have had, but never will. Could a mod please bury this entire wing of the Multiverse somewhere where until DC mates are again a reality i.e. never. Sorry that I come off as a little bitter but pining over what could have been is just torture.