UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 23 and 24

maxcarnage

Anyone see that face and hair on Tarantula?? Golly, that is great; Spanish finest at its best. ;) I smell a lawnmower suctom a-brewing.

Okay, enough Mexi-jokes.

Dude if you were trying to make a joke based on someones ethnicity, not cool even if it doesn't make any sense at all....... <_<

Doesn't matter what you are

Unless it's a French Army joke right?

how many French Soldiers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? (answer under spoiler)

Four. Four French soldiers to surrender to the lightbulb and one American to come in and do it for them.

Badumpbumb

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't. I have a cool Mexican friend, and we mock each other all the time. I'm Italian AND German; he gives me loads of Nazi crap, and i give him lawnmower crap.

Not going to continue this for the sake of not getting into another big fight. Moving on:

Wow, i spelled custom wrong. That's sad. Any word on ANYTHING else i said??

Yes, one last point I want you to actually read and not get defensive:

I am not "fighting" with you. I simply said that it was 'not cool' hoping you would get the hint that not everyone enjoys that type of humor and you may actually offend someone that doesn't know you don't mean any harm. Just because you and your friend may enjoy hurling racial slurs at each other for kicks as you seem to put it does not give you a free pass. I may be known to repeat questionable humor myself on occasion but there is a time and a place. Plus I think it's against the rules or something.....I dunno. :blink:

how many French Soldiers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? (answer under spoiler)

Four. Four French soldiers to surrender to the lightbulb and one American to come in and do it for them.

Badumpbumb

Trekker that is terrible, yet great at the same time. :P

:cap: Do you think this A on my head stands for France? :biggrin:

Badumpbumb

That line was the greatest comic book moment of all time. Better than the Squid in Watchmen, better than Stamford, better than anything ever made.

Badumpbumb

That line was the greatest comic book moment of all time. Better than the Squid in Watchmen, better than Stamford, better than anything ever made.

What's that line from anyway? Ultimates or somethin?

The Squid in Watchmen? What Squid?

Badumpbumb

What's that line from anyway? Ultimates or somethin?

The Squid in Watchmen? What Squid?

The squid

Ozymandias created to destroy New York

He did say "greatest comic book moment", not necessarily "line."

Yeah, it's from Ultimates. Vol 2 during the large alien invasion.

Anyone see that face and hair on Tarantula?? Golly, that is great; Spanish finest at its best. ;) I smell a lawnmower suctom a-brewing.

Okay, enough Mexi-jokes.

Dude if you were trying to make a joke based on someones ethnicity, not cool even if it doesn't make any sense at all....... <_<

Doesn't matter what you are

Badumpbumb

Jokes are not my forte ......at least not telling good ones ;) Jokes are often a way of letting off steam without meaning any real harm but you always run the real risk of offending somebody, eventually. Most jokes also have an element of truth in them ,the French for example weren't exactly 'up for it' when WW2 came along but can you honestly blame them when millions of Frenchmen(& of course others) had been slaughtered on that perennial battlefield ,France, 20 years previously?

Here's a good one(?) ...." Why does every US President want to start WW3?"

" I don't know ...etc.?"

" Because the US has been 'late' for the first two World Wars"

Funny ? Perhaps not. True? Perhaps. Most Europeans will genuinely be eternally grateful to the US & it's brave young servicemen for entering & winning the war because they did. No doubt about that. What is also true is that the UK only very recently paid off the financial debt that it had owed the US for the nearly 60 years since WW2 had ended . The debts mainly incurred through the purchase of weapons to fight fascism for years until Pearl Harbour. It is also a staggering fact that the US never declared war on Germany ,Germany declared war on the US!

Keep the jokes coming specially about the Brits & especially me if you like but 'sterotyping' ethnicity can often lead to bigotry which ain't healthy. Some things aren't funny.In 2 years here ,I have only once been really pissed off completely by a supposedly funny comment .The comment sought to find an anology to Down Syndrome amusing. It wasn't.

I genuinely mean no harm with my comments or the joke,hey I didn't make it up ,I merely used it for example. Keep the humour coming but be self-policing with it & if I've offended anyone ....you've completely missed the point!

Off track again .....shit!

Unfortunately Wave 23 & 24 aren't really 'doing it for me' yet but that usually changes when I see them in the flesh.

Edited by buttheadsmate

... as for these waves, should I keep them both in my Pile of Loot on BBTS.com so they'll both ship at the same time? Or will they ship together anyway?

With BBTS, your "Pile" ships when you want it to. You can ship it when one comes in (if they come in at different times), or you can ship them both together. If you drop one out, then add it later while the other is in your pile, you can still get them shipped together.

Wave 24 shipped. I have them, full with Variant, so I know they're not TRU figures. (I haven't put pics because I've only seen them and not actually gotten them out of box as that will come on Christmas Day)

Does Tarantula look like his Toyfair pic?? That was pure genius, and i really want to see his real face/mask.

Damn you and your waiting for the Christian holiday...;)

Also, did you order 23 with them?? I assumed, if you did, that they'd ship together...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Thank you !! :D

That looks really frigging amazing. Especially the hair. but the face is very much more cool than the proto; it seems like this is the "psycho-smile" wave.

I'm not a fan of the mask, more specifically how it's blue, but it's alright for getting him in costume. Unfortunately, i was going to avoid this pack for a while; saving up for some special e-bay mates and and iPhone w/ Christmas cash. Now i'm going to kick myself if i don't buy him. Shame he's paired with Classic Spidey though; i'd rather get an extra Cosmic with him.

Dude looks like Errol Flynn gone REALLY bad. Serial Killer Errol Flynn. Freaking Awesome!

Wave 24 shipped. I have them, full with Variant, so I know they're not TRU figures. (I haven't put pics because I've only seen them and not actually gotten them out of box as that will come on Christmas Day)

Does Tarantula look like his Toyfair pic?? That was pure genius, and i really want to see his real face/mask.

Damn you and your waiting for the Christian holiday...;)

Also, did you order 23 with them?? I assumed, if you did, that they'd ship together...

I did not order 23 as there is exactly one character that I want and its not worth getting the entire thing. So I know nothing about it.

I found this set last night while doing a little last minute Christmas shopping with the wife. That being said I could only pick up Kraven and I must say, he rocks. He inspired me to put all my Spidey villains back on display. Now I just need to ditch the wife and go get Shocker and find Tarantula.

just as a quick question: Has anybodyelse noticed some differences between the TRU release 24 and the AFX 24? because I just got mine and the spidey masks appear different. first of all, they have no peg, and second they seem flatter on top, less rounded. Also Cosmic Spidey's legs appear painted and I'm pretty sure that the TRU was not. Anyone else see this?