UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 23 and 24

maxcarnage

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I believe" a grand total of four comic stores here have at some point made the actual commitment to regularly order new Minimates from abroad to sell to collectors here. And to date this one store lastmaximal and I have been talking about has been first (and so far only) one to get stocks of waves 23 & 24. (One store --- which just so happens to be the one I first bought mates from --- sadly appears to have given up on ordering new Minimates entirely, one store appears somewhat sketchy on how updated they are on the new mates, and one store occupies a completely remote corner of the metropolis so it's hard to even tell if they're still alive and kicking, let alone selling the new mates.)

• 4 months later...

I'm noticing something with my Mark I War Machine. In TBT's pics here, on Ivan's site, and in Danny's review, the Mark I seems to be missing a crotch slip-over piece, but mine has this:

DSCN1295-2.jpg

Anyone else notice this piece, or is mine a dirty mutey freak?

Yea, i'm pretty damn sure your's is just missing a tampo. That's a real shame.

What is mine missing, TTF? I just noticed the extra that my figure had.

There's supposed to be a tampo on each leg near the crotch, to look like, for lack of a better term, "undies."

I'm not sure whct you mean by "missing the slipover piece" though. I just checked MC and the Database, and both have it...

I don't mean the belt, I mean the actual "big crotch" slip-over. Come to think of it, I might have taken a picture of the TRU version, which would explain things (I hadn't noticed that one and the wave 23 version were different in any way). when I get home, I will do further investigation.

Yeah, the one you have is missing the grey "undies" at the top of the legs but has gained a T belt piece. Does it have that on the back as well?

Be interesting to see if the TRU one is different to the wave 23 one.

Does it have that on the back as well?

I'll take a look when I get home. I'm guessing the wave 23 version has a 2008 trademark, and the TRU one has a 2009 trademark, so maybe that can solve this mystery. I knew the TRU version came with hands and feet, but didn't even think to look for other differences.

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to say that Kraven is the best figure from either of these waves, and the fact that he peg-warms my TRU and is still available on TRU.com is absolutely criminal. You people should be ashamed of yourselves, not buying multiples. Shame!

I just want to say that Kraven is the best figure from either of these waves, and the fact that he peg-warms my TRU and is still available on TRU.com is absolutely criminal. You people should be ashamed of yourselves, not buying multiples. Shame!

We're um, giving other people the opportunity to own this incredible pack :P I've tried selling it for even a dollar on eBay and no one bought it. Let's just assume that everyone has it already XD