UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 23 and 24

maxcarnage

just as a quick question: Has anybodyelse noticed some differences between the TRU release 24 and the AFX 24? because I just got mine and the spidey masks appear different. first of all, they have no peg, and second they seem flatter on top, less rounded. Also Cosmic Spidey's legs appear painted and I'm pretty sure that the TRU was not. Anyone else see this?

Any chance you could post a pic? I would love if Spidey's mask was flatter on top.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just as a quick question: Has anybodyelse noticed some differences between the TRU release 24 and the AFX 24? because I just got mine and the spidey masks appear different. first of all, they have no peg, and second they seem flatter on top, less rounded. Also Cosmic Spidey's legs appear painted and I'm pretty sure that the TRU was not. Anyone else see this?

I received mine from AFX yesterday - The mask does seem to be smaller on the one I got from AFX vs. the TRU version

paint on the legs is the same though

Nothing as yet from my order with BBTS.

And is the red/blue Spidey mask any better printed on the regulars than the TRU ones? The one I got from a guy on ebay has this lousy hole-mark from where it was produced and a line that goes right through it as well. Sucks.

Edited by Mystery Man

And is the red/blue Spidey mask any better printed on the regulars than the TRU ones? The one I got from a guy on ebay has this lousy hole-mark from where it was produced and a line that goes right through it as well. Sucks.

My set just came in from AFX today, and everything seems to be just fine on him.

I don't really have anything to compare it to, but nothing looks wrong to me.

My set just came in from AFX today, and everything seems to be just fine on him.

I don't really have anything to compare it to, but nothing looks wrong to me.

I'm talking about two different imperfections.

First, y'know how the head masks are split down the middle by a very small line in the plastic? Okay, well, on my figure the line goes right through one of the eyes so it looks like the head is off from the center. Does that make sense?

Second, y'know how when plastic is molded on a "tree" it sometimes leaves a little round indention where the piece is pulled off of the tree? I've got one of those marks on the line I talked about above and it's right on the underpart of the right eye.

I totally broke down and ordered these despite the fact I'm not supposed to be buying new mates...

I just got series 23 in the post... Wow the WarMachines are stunning...

post-7-1230926260_thumb.jpg

post-7-1230926369_thumb.jpg

post-7-1230926440_thumb.jpg

post-7-1230926501_thumb.jpg

Gah Camera Batteries died at this point...

War Machines are now my fave mini's and definitely my favorite chase EVER!

they have peg holes on back to stow weapons and almost every part is molded different even boots, gloves and belts.

My only gripe is poor paint aps on TS Warmachines leg and helmet.. that and they resused NXM JG hairpiece again on Dagger... ( come on DST retire that piece FFS)

T.

God golly gosh they look far better than i hoped!! Dagger looks magnificent, and i agree with BannersID that she is the first (besides Jean) to fit the style.

The War Machines are great. So much more detail and changes for the better. It's nice to see that MK2 Movie-Tony';s head was changed; this suits "Tony" so much better than a "Downey" head. It also looks like they have new hands. Am i right or just too hopeful?? Lastly for these, which is the variant?? With all of the controversy, it'd be nice to see Tony as the variant for the wave instead of Rhodie.

Definetly picking this up now, even more than i had planned to. Great way to start the year. :)

I bit the bullet and ordered these from AFX last night. At first I was only interested in Cloak and Dagger but after seeing War Machine and Nova, this set is just too good to pass up. I really need to find a better display. I'm running out of room again.

Question: Is it me or are the WM boots on Rhodey smaller than the ones on Stark?

Yeah the boots are different molds and yep It's official Jim Rhodes has tiny feet... The actual feet are slightly narrorwer than usual minimate feet.

T.

Can't wait for mine. Question. Has anyone seen the advertisement on the new Toyfare magazine? It shows the Spidey wave from Toys R Us and the War Machine wave as well. The ad says that it will be available in Toys R Us. Now I dont know if it is just talking about the Spidey wave or not. Anyone got any clarification on this? It be cool if it were true. I'd buy more War Machine's. :P

Man, those War Machines are a true work of minimate art! Thanks for the pics! The rest of the line looks good, especially the Nova minimate.

And I'm with MINI_MYTE, could we trouble you for more pictures?

Camera battery is recharged I'll try and do some a little later...other then backs of mates and alt hair pieces any requests?

T.

p.s. does anyone else smell Iron Cow's talents with the sculpting of these War Machine pieces?

Camera battery is recharged I'll try and do some a little later...other then backs of mates and alt hair pieces any requests?

If you still have any of the packaging, it would be cool to see it

Sadly not, the packaging was pretty beatup (oddly not the shipping box which means AFX's shipping company is at fault) and I opened and threw the boxes away in a bit of a tantrum!

The packaging is exactly the same style as wave 24 from TRU though, with mostly green boxes.

T.

If you still have any of the packaging, it would be cool to see it

Sadly not, the packaging was pretty beatup (oddly not the shipping box which means AFX's shipping company is at fault) and I opened and threw the boxes away in a bit of a tantrum!

The packaging is exactly the same style as wave 24 from TRU though, with mostly green boxes.

T.

To bad. Thanks anyway though.