UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Week 2008 Contest - CLUE 2

Shanester

For wave 25, if the army builder were a Hellfire goon, then the guy packed with him could be a Reaver, with a different Reaver as a variant. Weren't several of them originally Hellfire goons that were turned into cyborgs because they were victims of Wolverine?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So these are the clues we have for now:

Clue 1 – wave 25:

1 Hero

4 Villains

1 new character yet to pick a side

Clue 2 – wave 25:

Pack 1: One of the best Hero-Arch Enemy relationships in comics

Pack 2: Both Gamma powered, yet they've never met

Pack 3: Both tried to kill Wolverine, one is an army builder

So in pack 1 there is both a villain and a hero

Lets say in pack 2 there is at least one villain

and that the army builder in pack 3 is a villain(the hand is my guess)

so i think the new character could be daken(wolvie's son), cause we don't know if he's hero or villain and tryed to kill wolverine

and than we have another gamma villain left

Clue 1 – wave 26:

4 Heroes

1 Villain

1 Mercenary

Clue 2 – wave 26:

Pack 1:

Healing factors aren't all these two have in common

Pack 2:

Both are mutants and members of another minority group

Pack 3:

Silver Age hero and ridiculously costumed army builder

I think deadpool is in the wave for the Merc

and that the army builder is Hydra(cause of Bob and his ridiculous costume) for the Villain

Wolverine could be in it cause DP's Dna is based of of his so Deadpool and Wolverine would be in pack 1

3 heroes left so if Hydra is the army builder there would be 2 heroes in pack 2 and

Hydra and a silver age hero in pack 3

just my thoughts, what are yours?

BTW dont forget that one character is an army builder implies the figure that will be packed with it is the variant...

That would be the logical conclusion, but who says they have to follow logic. Nick Fury was as close to an army building Marvel character that we've gotten in a regular release, but Cap was not the variant of that wave. But then again, the first couple of BSG waves had the Cylons bundled with the variant, so who knows.

I doubt I'm scoring many points in this thing anyway, with variant guesses like Wolverine in a sombrero and Psylocke in a thong.

Isn't psylocke's regular costume pretty much a thong anyways?

Nick fury wasn't an army builder as is, he was a character that could be modified to be one. We are talking about a figure released as an army builder. Also Matt mentioned army builders being packed with variants way way back at SDCC...

T.

Someone say psylocke in a thong? where? :P

Hydra would be great!! Wish it were true. Army builders in variant packs sounds cool. The day 2's clues really are making this guessing interesting. Can't wait for tomorrow's.

Btw I can see these DST folks laughing their a$$e$ off at all this guessing. At least it's fun.

please god, let there be a psylocke and especially in a thong!!!hahaha, I would love to have an army of those hellfire goons, this contest is intense!!!

Edited by SErge

Captain Marvel as a Silver Age Hero offering the possibility for a varaint is okay, but I stick with Luke, who mentioned that

whoever is packed with the army builder needs to make sense.

So which army builder makes sense being packed with Marvel? I don't think that it will be Marvel. But who am I anyway and who says, that Luke's premise is right.

The thing with the Merc, what, if the Army Builder is the Merc? This would allow us to come up with another villain...

I'm still with aaaaargh! :wacko:

(cause of Bob and his ridiculous costume)
I don't have such things!!!

Btw I can see these DST folks laughing their a$$e$ off at all this guessing. At least it's fun.

Matt is a sadistic SOB. :P

if he gives us a Hydra Goon and a Red Skull he can be anything he wants.

All Hail Hydra!

Captain Marvel as a Silver Age Hero offering the possibility for a varaint is okay, but I stick with Luke, who mentioned that

So which army builder makes sense being packed with Marvel? I don't think that it will be Marvel. But who am I anyway and who says, that Luke's premise is right.

If it is Captain Marvel packed with the army builder, it would make sense to have the army builder be a Kree soldier - after all, Marvel is Kree. Plus we're already getting Skrulls - with Kree soldiers you can make your own Kree / Skrull War.

Then you could have a variant Captain Marvel (original Kree Army costume? Skrull version? His son Genis?), and everyone can get a second Kree soldier without buying duplicates.

Edited by boyd

If it is Captain Marvel packed with the army builder, it would make sense to have the army builder be a Kree soldier - after all, Marvel is Kree. Plus we're already getting Skrulls - with Kree soldiers you can make your own Kree / Skrull War.

Then you could have a variant Captain Marvel (original Kree Army costume? Skrull version? His son Genis?), and everyone can get a second Kree soldier without buying duplicates.

Variant: Noh-Varr Marvel Boy. It makes sense.

And as for Superhero/Arch Enemy let's list some of the bigger, better, Hero/Villain relationships and asses each accordingly:

Iron Man/Mandarin. Doubtful as I don't believe DST wants to burn us out on Iron Man just yet. We need a break from him.

Spider-Man/Doc Ock or Green Goblin. Both villains great choices, though Goblin more likely. And DST likes Spidey so...

Captain America/Red Skull. Likely as Cap is big in MU now with his new self and Avengers Invaders still going on. And Red Skull has yet to be made so yeah. Possible

Mr. Fantastic/Doctor Doom. Not likely as Mr. Fantastic could not carry a wave as the solo hero. Though we've not had a Doom in a while, this pack is at the bottom of the list for me.

Thor/Loki Already been done. Lower than Mr. F and Doc Doom

Hulk/Leader or Abomination. Recent Hulk wave and overuse of him plus recent use of Abomination makes this seem unlikely. Leader definately candidate for Gamma powered pack as is Rulk.

Wolverine and Sabertooth. Well Wolvie may well just be in the MMMV Wave, so I'm leaving him out here

Xavier and Magneto. Ah, yes. Xavier and Magneto. This one seems incredibly likely even though the pack already exists. It was an exclusive and it is hard to get now. Yes, this is the time for a reissue of these characters.

Daredevil/Kingpin. Eh, maybe. Daredevil is a bit boring, but still it's been a while since Kingpin

So overall, I gota go with Skull and Cap

Variant: Noh-Varr Marvel Boy. It makes sense.

And as for Superhero/Arch Enemy let's list some of the bigger, better, Hero/Villain relationships and asses each accordingly:

Iron Man/Mandarin. Doubtful as I don't believe DST wants to burn us out on Iron Man just yet. We need a break from him.

Spider-Man/Doc Ock or Green Goblin. Both villains great choices, though Goblin more likely. And DST likes Spidey so...

Captain America/Red Skull. Likely as Cap is big in MU now with his new self and Avengers Invaders still going on. And Red Skull has yet to be made so yeah. Possible

Mr. Fantastic/Doctor Doom. Not likely as Mr. Fantastic could not carry a wave as the solo hero. Though we've not had a Doom in a while, this pack is at the bottom of the list for me.

Thor/Loki Already been done. Lower than Mr. F and Doc Doom

Hulk/Leader or Abomination. Recent Hulk wave and overuse of him plus recent use of Abomination makes this seem unlikely. Leader definately candidate for Gamma powered pack as is Rulk.

Wolverine and Sabertooth. Well Wolvie may well just be in the MMMV Wave, so I'm leaving him out here

Xavier and Magneto. Ah, yes. Xavier and Magneto. This one seems incredibly likely even though the pack already exists. It was an exclusive and it is hard to get now. Yes, this is the time for a reissue of these characters.

Daredevil/Kingpin. Eh, maybe. Daredevil is a bit boring, but still it's been a while since Kingpin

So overall, I gota go with Skull and Cap

I'm up for that list :D

Since I'm never right on these things I'll show my guesses and explain:

Cable/Deadpool - Heroes with healing powers.

Psylocke/Thunderbird - Mutant hero minorities. This is the new Indian Thunderbird, not the dead one.

Captain Marvel/Skrull - Silverage hero and villain army builder. We don't have a regular skrull yet and this would tie in nicely with the Secret Invasion pack.

Variant Deadpool (After reading TBTs post above I'd probably change this to a Variant Captain Marvel)

Wolverine/Sabertooth - Greatest Hero/Arch Enemy pair of all time. Plus, do you really think we will get a pair of waves sans Spidey or Wolverine?

Red Hulk/Maestro - Gamma powered, never met. I'm guessing Red Hulk is the questionable Hero or Villain since he is a mystery.

Silver Samurai/Hand Ninja - Tried to kill Wolverine. Hand is army builder.

Variant AoA Sabertooth (Again, I'd revise this one. Variant Sunfire instead of Silver Samurai)

Tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by Jatta Pake

Since I'm never right on these things I'll show my guesses and explain:

Cable/Deadpool - Heroes with healing powers.

Psylocke/Thunderbird - Mutant hero minorities. This is the new Indian Thunderbird, not the dead one.

Captain Marvel/Skrull - Silverage hero and villain army builder. We don't have a regular skrull yet and this would tie in nicely with the Secret Invasion pack.

Variant Deadpool (After reading TBTs post above I'd probably change this to a Variant Captain Marvel)

Wolverine/Sabertooth - Greatest Hero/Arch Enemy pair of all time. Plus, do you really think we will get a pair of waves sans Spidey or Wolverine?

Red Hulk/Maestro - Gamma powered, never met. I'm guessing Red Hulk is the questionable Hero or Villain since he is a mystery.

Silver Samurai/Hand Ninja - Tried to kill Wolverine. Hand is army builder.

Variant AoA Sabertooth (Again, I'd revise this one. Variant Sunfire instead of Silver Samurai)

Tell me I'm wrong.

Well JP I have to say that is the closest to the guesses I've made . ;)